Status: I will continue to post more!

Another Chapter

The Hangout.

Me and Brooke sat down on my couch, twiddling our thumbs and started to nervously tap our feet. I looked over at Brooke and her eyebrows were pushed together, making her look really nervous and sick to her stomach. I probably had the same facial expression, but come on, it's One Direction we're about to hang out with. We had no idea what to wear especially because Harry never said where we were going to go.

I wore a floral dress topping it off with a denim jacket, as well as some cute ruffled flats. Brooke wore short shorts, as always, and a frilled tank top while wearing some slick high tops. We wore what we would just usually wear around a mall or school. Me and Brooke were still nervous as ever and just couldn't handle it. We were literally on the urge to freaking cry at this point.

Just as I was about to say something to Brooke, I heard a faint knock on the door. I listened closely, and even stopped breathing for a few seconds to see if I actually heard the knock. The person knocked again, but a bit louder this time. Brooke fills her mouth with air, and let out a huge girly scream. I placed my hand over her mouth tightly, and glared right at her.

She licked my hand to get me to take it off her face, and it worked. I wiped my hand roughly on the couch, and pushed myself up. I started to slowly walk towards the door, almost tripping over my own feet. I brushed the doorknob with my fingers before getting a good grip on it. I twist the doorknob and take a deep breath before opening the door.

"Do you mind helping with some groceries?" My mom said, walking in holding a few bags full of groceries.

"Mom, really? You scared me, and I thought we already bought groceries yesterday!" I said whining.

"Well, now our house has tons of things to eat! You're welcome, now help me!" My mom yelled.

"Ugh, fine!" I stomped out my house and over to the car. I never really liked our car, it was short and old. I bent over to grab the groceries from the trunk of the car.

"You know, I don't really like this side of you." Niall's Irish voice flowed in my ear.

"Oh!" I quickly got up, forgetting the cover for the trunk was still above my head and smashing my head into it. "Ow!" I sat down on the ground leaning back onto the car, rubbing the back of my head.

"Sorry to startle you," Niall said sitting down beside me. "I was just standing behind you and you bent over, it was really strange." Niall chuckled, he looked at me still rubbing my head and he got worried. "Your head alright?" Niall carefully moved my hand from the back of my head and placed his hand on where I had smashed my head. He started to softly rub it, trying to make my injury a bit better.

He was so close to me, his warm breath tickled my face. It was nice, he was nice, this moment was absolutely perfect, as always. I hear someone clear their throat, and Niall stumbles backwards. I look up to see my mom with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Uhm, hey mom." I chuckled, with embarrassment written all over my face.

"This is not what I meant about getting groceries!" My mom glared down at me.

"So, how about we take that picture Mrs. Goodwin?" I look at Niall and he has an innocent look painted on his face.

"That's a Ms. to you, not Mrs." My mom looked at the ground frowning. My eyes started to tear up a bit with tears, seeing how my mom was without dad. I forgot all about their situation, all the fighting, all the aggressiveness, there was never love but deep down my mom couldn't live without dad.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Niall looked down at the ground guilty.

"Mom, go inside. I'll do the rest." My mom turns around, and heads towards the door before I got up.

"Come on, Niall!" I held out my hand to help him up, but he refused and pushed himself up on his own. Niall was still looking at the ground with his bottom lip sticking out. "Niall, you didn't know!" I said, trying to make him feel better.

"Meet you in the car." Niall dragged himself out to the car, and slid in.

My heart dropped seeing Niall sad, he was always so happy. Him being sad was like seeing a puppy crying, you couldn't help but just cry with it. I grabbed the rest of the grocery bags and set them inside, looking at Brooke who was helping mom put the groceries away.

"Brooke, we should head out. The boys are waiting." I turned around to walk out the door, but Brooke zoomed passed me. I left out a small laugh, but I didn't think anything could cheer me up after seeing Niall sad.

I walk over to the car, which Brooke was already in, probably heating up a conversation with Harry. I look in to see the boys talking together, it was just words piled up on a bunch of other words, I couldn't understand a thing. Brooke sat beside Harry, on the other side of Harry was Louis, I sat in the back beside Zayn and Niall was on the other side of him, while Liam was driving.

I look down to get a glance at Niall and see how he was doing. He had his head on Zayn's shoulder while Zayn was rubbing his leg to try and comfort him.

"Where we headed?" Brooke said excited.

"Somewhere special." Liam said.

"Park," Harry said, making a move on Brooke, putting his arm around her. Brooke looked back at me completely wide-eyed and mouthed a scream.

"Awe, really Harry? You spoiled it." Liam said disappointed.

We sat in utter silence for about half of the ride. It was completely so awkward, I don't think I've ever had a moment so awkward in my life.

"Someone talk! It's so damn quiet and awkward! Let's talk about whales, clouds, dolls, something please!" Louis said annoyed.

"What park are we going to Harry?" Zayn said, still trying to comfort Niall.

"The one with a park, and a flower garden." Harry smirked at Brooke, with his arm still around her.

"The one where we usually go to hang, and do stuff." Liam said.

"Alright." Zayn said, and went back to looking at Niall.

"Zayn, can we switch spots?" I said frowning, I needed to do something about Niall.

"Uh, sure?" Zayn said, still unsure of what was going on.

Zayn stood up, and I tried sliding under him.... that definitely didn't work. My legs got caught on his, and his butt went straight in my face. I was a directioner but I didn't want Zayn's ass in my face. We struggled for at least 5 minutes, and finally switched. I looked over at Niall, staring out the window like he was in a music video.

"Niall," I said innocently.

"What?" Niall replied, sounding sad.

"It wasn't your fault," I bit the inside of my lip and pushed my eyebrows together. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Come on, show me your beautiful smile!" I smiled brightly in his direction.

"No," Niall turned, so his face was completely hidden from me. I looked down at his side and smirked, I wonder if he's ticklish.

I poked his side slightly, and he jumped out of his seat so high, I swear he hit his head on the roof. Niall turned to face me, and glared. I poked his side again, and it quickly turned into non-stop tickling. His beautiful smile was now across his face, and I was happy that it was even though I was tickling him to make him smile.

Niall grasped both of my wrists and pinned me down in my seat. I looked around at the other boys, and they looked completely confused. Harry started to play with Brooke's hair as she just sat there like a manikin, doing absolutely nothing. Zayn was looking outside the window now, doing his 'I'm hot' look. Louis stared at me being pinned down, like I was getting harassed. Liam was not giving a care in the world, he was just concentrating on getting there safe.

"Look, just stop okay?" Niall stared into my eyes before letting go. He went back into the position that he was the whole car ride. How come this one little mistake made him feel like this? His hand was right beside mine, and without any thought...I grabbed it. Niall wriggled out of my grip and crossed his arms, hiding his hands so I couldn't grab them.

"We're here," Liam sighed in relief.

"Brooke... come with me!" Harry took Brooke's hand and hopped out of the car, now skipping down a field hand in hand with each other.

The rest of us slowly got out, Niall quickly getting out so he could just be alone. Niall started walking over to the park, and I ran after him. I soon learned that it was a bad idea, but I just couldn't help seeing him sad! I grabbed his arm, and turned him around to face me.

"What?!" Niall raised his voice.

"Why are you so sad? It was only a mistake." I said, raising my voice as well, even though I didn't mean to.

"I made your mom sad, I brought all those memories just rushing back. She probably moved out here to forget, and I was the reason she remembered everything. I know how it feels to remember something you never want to go back to." Niall quickly said, later staring at the ground.

"Niall..." I said guilty.

"Can I just please be alone?" Niall politely asked.

"Yeah, sure." I turned around frowning, I felt hands wrap around my shoulders turning me back around. My eyes met the gaze of beautiful, bright blue eyes staring down at me. His eyes looked so carefree of everything, he was just trying to study my eyes. I saw him slightly smile before he leaned in.

His lips were pressed against mine, and I became stiff as a rock. My eyes shot wide-open, and I stood very stiff in shock. I looked in front of me to Niall with his eyes closed, I got kicked back to reality and relaxed myself. I kissed back, and closed my eyes slowly, embracing Niall in my arms.

Niall pulled away, looking in my eyes once again. Niall smiled at me, signalling that I should be happy and just smile. He later turned around and started walking back to the park. Liam started to run after him, not knowing that he was sad. I stood there, letting all my thoughts just race through my mind. My dream boy, the one boy that I've fangirled over... kissed me. Yes, me, Elaina Goodwin has been kissed by Niall.

I turned around and started to walk on the field with a huge smile on my face, did he like me? Did he just do that to make me smile because he knew I was a fan? What was that kiss for? I couldn't believe it, it felt like an amazing dream that I didn't want to wake up from. Niall was the boy I had my soft spot for, I can't believe he kissed me.

I looked over to my right, seeing the beautiful flower garden with a white arch and vines interlocking with the arch. I see Harry and Brooke walking over towards the arch right in the middle, and I smiled. I turned around and walked in the opposite direction so they could have their little moment. I saw Zayn and Louis kicking around a soccer ball, and I ran over towards them.

Louis had the ball, his feet doing amazing tricks with the ball. I ran in front of him and stole the ball from him, running with it away from him.

"Hey!" I heard Louis scream from behind me. I turned around to see Louis with his arms spread open, giving me a frustrated look.

"Got her!" I hear a voice shout from behind my head. I turn my head in the voices direction, seeing Niall with his arms open ready to catch me. I tried slowing down, so I wouldn't crash into him...but that didn't work.

I flew into his arms, my head against his chest, able to hear his heartbeat. I see the ball roll into the flower garden, but Niall wrapped his arms around my head. I pushed his arms off his head, and looked up at his face, now lit with happiness. I smiled and smacked him chest lightly before running past him to get the ball.

The ball rolled up on Harry's foot, and I stopped running because he had the ball. Harry threw it up into the air, and kicked it across the field, passing over my head. Harry and Brooke start running to the field to join us, and I run towards Zayn and Louis to retrieve the ball. Liam ran passed me, and got the ball way before I did. We all played soccer for about an hour and then we just sat down to talk.

We were all in the park, I was sitting on the swings with Niall, Zayn was sitting on top of the slide, Louis was in the jungle-Jim leaning on a the railing, and Brooke was sitting on the tire swing while Harry was pushing her, and Liam was just sitting on the steps up to the jungle-Jim.

"Truth or dare anyone?" Louis said with a smirk on his face.

"Bring it!" Niall said, smiling. I could never go a day without smiling from Niall's cute Irish accent.

"Alright, truth or dare?" Louis asked Niall.

"Uhm, truth." Niall said, rubbing his hands together to get ready for the question.

"Okay, uh... oh! Who was your best kiss?" Louis said giggling.

"Uhm, my mother." Niall smiled.

"Ugh, Niall!" Liam groaned in disgust.

"Doesn't count! Another girl." Louis demanded.

"Eh lane ah." Niall mumbled so quietly, I barely heard a thing.

"Who?!" Louis turned his head so his ear was facing Niall, and he placed his hand behind his ear.

"Elaina!" Niall yelled and looked down at the ground blushing. I smiled uncontrollably, and blushed while staring at the ground.

"What?" Zayn said confused.

"You and Elaina, kissed?" Harry said, tilting his head to the side.

"Yeah..." Niall smiled nervously.

"When was this?!" Liam said sounding betrayed.

"Just today," Niall started to rub the back of his neck. I looked over at Brooke and her face read 'why didn't you tell me?' and I just shrugged my shoulders at her. "Okay okay, my turn!" Niall yelled, trying to change the subject. "Hmm, Elaina! Truth or dare?" Niall raised his eyebrows at me.

"Dare!" I smirked at Niall.

"Run around screaming 'I love Niall Horan' for 5 minutes." Niall smiled.

"5 minutes? I get exhausted after like 2 seconds!" I whined.

"Come on!" Niall got up and pushed me off my swing.

I ran around for 5 minutes screaming 'I love Niall Horan' so loud, my throat what burning after I was done. I got such death glares, and people staring at me but it was a dare so I had to. We lost track of time playing truth or dare, and I absolutely loved it. I learned so many new things about the boys that I never even know before, I felt so close to them afterwards.

It started to get a bit late so we decided to go home. Niall decided to walk me and Brooke up to my house like the gentleman he was. Niall gave Brooke a look, almost like he was telling her to go in the house. She walked into the house without saying goodbye to Niall.

I looked at Niall confused because he was looking at me with a huge grin on his face.

"Today was amazing, especially that kiss." Niall slightly blushed.

"Yeah, it was." I blushed and looked down at the ground.

"There's something I've got to say though." Niall held his hands together, swinging back and forth.

"Yes Niall?" I asked.

Niall's phone rang and he blushed before picking it up. He said a few words before taking the phone from his ear and pressing the speaker button.

"It's on speaker! What do you lads wa-"

"Niall loves you Elaina! He completely lo-" Niall frantically tried to press the end button. He rubbed the back of his neck and apologized.

"That's what I want to talk about. My career is absolutely hectic, that kiss... I just wanted to cheer you up, I didn't realize that you'd be such a good kisser though. The point is, I'm confused. I'm really sorry," Niall frowned.

"It's fine Niall, I get it." I smiled at him.

"No, it's not! I'm creating feelings for you and I can't even be with you." Niall leaned against the wall.

"Niall," I grabbed his hand. "I like you, I can wait until you're ready. Anyways, I am a directioner and will forever love you. So, it's alright." I laughed.

"If I could, I would be with someone right now." Niall sighed.

"Huh?" I looked at him strange.

"Management, they refuse me to get a girlfriend. They think it's better if I keep pretending to try and find my 'princess' because the fans think it's cute." Niall pouted.

"Niall, I really don't know what to say." Niall held my face in his hands and then kissed me.

I could tell that Niall was seriously trying to make the kiss last, since it would probably be the last. I cherished it as much as I could as well. He pulled away and looked into my eyes with puppy dog eyes. I watched him walk away from me, knowing he could never be mine. I knew that he liked me though, I just wish that I could call him mine.