Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 14:

From: Zack

To: Molly

With what exactly?

From: Molly

To: Zack

Getting on the team!

From: Zack

To: Molly

Sure, be over in 10.

Well that was weird. No questions asked. At all. Wouldn’t he be curious?

***

I sat on the couch in the living room browsing through the channels when there was a knock on the door, and who would it be? Zack, of course. He was great, just coming over when I asked without a reason.

“Hey Molly.”

I jumped at him and squeezed my arms around his torso. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“Uhh, you’re welcome?”

I released him from my death grip and pulled him upstairs into my room, where Alex lounged across my bed.

“Prince Charming is finally here.” He sighed as he tossed a messy caramel coloured wig at me. “Let’s turn you into me.”

***

“Are you sure I look like him?” I asked, fussing around with the baggy t-shirt I pulled from Alex’s closet.

“Yes, stop fussing, come on tryouts are this way.” Zack grabbed my hand and pulled me to the field.

“Mr. Gaskarth, I’m surprised to see you here. I thought your sister would be trying out, not you.” Coach smiled at me.

I cleared my throat and attempted to speak in Alex’s voice. “Well, there’s no girls team, and she is… a girl.”

“Alright, Merrick, take Gaskarth to the change rooms and you two get suited up.”

We walked over to the change rooms and I stood there, staring at the sign on the door that read ‘Boys’.

“What are you waiting for?”

“I can’t go in there!”

“You’re gonna have to!” Zack grabbed my wrist and pulled me in.

I was greeted with the sight of half naked boys everywhere. Some were already in their red and white uniforms, I’m assuming the people from last year, others were wearing their gym-shorts.

“Well if it isn’t the buff twins.” I turned around to see Jeremy with that smug look on his face I wanted to slap right off.

“You’re trying out?” I tried not to laugh.

“Of course I am. I thought it would get me in on your sisters good side.”

“Back off Thomps. She doesn’t want you.” Zack pulled me away before I could tackle that little bastard to the ground.

“What the hell!” I tried not to yell at Zack. “I could’ve knocked that fucker out it one move!”

“We got tryouts Alex, keep your cool.” Zack laghed.

“I’m not Alex.”

Zack sighed and pushed me in front of the mirror. Oh my god. I was Alex. I had the short messy hair and the sideburns and the height and everything. The tape I used to flatten my chest worked well under the baggy shirt of his I wore. Nobody would be able to tell that I wasn’t him!