Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 26:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” The entire room flooded with cheers.

Oh shit, they remembered. I saw everyone, Alex was trying his best not to punch Jeremy in the corner, Matt was watching him carefully, Cassadee and Lisa held their arms jumping up and down together, Rian lounged on the couch, just beside a pile of presents, and my dad, my fucking dad was three feet in front of me, with some blonde chick dangling off his arm.

“Happy birthday sweetheart.” He patted my head as the blonde girl shoved a box towards me, and I tore it open. “This is Melonie by the way.”

I stared down at the packet and nearly squealed like Lisa would’ve if she’d gotten new shoes - it was full of band shirts from Blink-182, Fall Out Boy, and Paramore.

“What’s all this noise? You starting the orgy without me?” Jack nearly yelled as he stumbled into the room, rubbing his eyes.

Daddy glared him down but other than that ignored the comment.

I was engulfed by arms, hug after hug. Matt had gotten me a Halloween themed Mickey doll, Jeremy had given me a book on sports technique, Rian gave me the latest Linkin Park CD, Cassadee gave me a signed copy of her demo album, so when she got famous I’d have the first autograph, and Lisa gave me a pair of bright pink converse, which I actually sort of liked.

“What about Alex? No presents for him?” I questioned once they had emptied the pile of presents.

“We already gave ‘em to him.” Cassadee laughed.

Oh.

“Don’t think I forgot ‘bout you sis.” Alex said as he dropped two tickets to see Blink 182 with Paramore opening on January 17th into my hand.

“Well, this is awkward.” I dropped two more into the pile forming on my hand. “I got you the same thing.”

***

I sat in my room with Jack, watching the rest of the movie we never finished.

“So, who you gonna take to the Blink concert?” He asked, trying not to sound excited.

I started laughing before poking him. “You, yah idiot.”

“MOLLY I LOVE YOU.” He screamed and engulfed me into a hug, planting kisses all over my head.

Somehow that had led to Jack being over top of me, trailing kisses down my neck to my collarbone, and back up again. “All this for a Blink ticket?” I giggled.

He paused for a moment before answering. “You got no idea girl.” He lowered his lips to mine.

***

“Molly, we’re leaving, thought I’d say-” Zack stood in the doorway, the colour of his face fading away in less than a second. “-goodbye.” He finished before turning around and leaving.

I gave Jack a confused look which he answered with a shrug, It’s not like we were naked, I was just resting my head on his chest as we watched TV, we’d finished making out an hour ago.

Wait, did that mean Zack liked me?