Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 34:

“He has a broken nose, a slight concussion, several bruises, including a black eye and his thumb is fractured.” The doctor stated as he wrote down the prescription.

“So, he’ll be okay, after awhile?” Tay asked, and the doctor nodded.

We left the doctors office, Alex finally being able to walk and stay conscious for more than a minute, and opened the car door for him and Tay to climb into the back.

“Hey.” I turned around to see Jack, his face and shoulder covered in bruises.

“What the hell happened to you?” I nearly yelled.

He chuckled to himself before answering. “Turns out whoever attacked Alex has a grudge, and got me too. I think they’re also pissed at Zack and Rian.”

“Wait, so someone was planning on this?” I raised a hand up to his face, and he winced at my touch before nodding. “Who?”

“I don’t know exactly, me and Alex are good at pissing people off.”

“Oh, well I gotta take Alex home.” I turned away and got into the car, driving away and leaving Jack standing there.

***

“They got Jack too?” Alex leaned forward from the backseat, raising his eyebrows.

“Mhm, I think someone should let Rian and Zack know, everyone knows you four are close, I guess they’d be the next target.”

Tay pulled out her phone and began dialing Zack’s number, and shortly after Rian, connecting the calls.

“Jack got jumped too? Shit.” Rian’s voice raised through the phone.

“Well, we better find out who it is. You know anyone who’d do this?” I asked.

“Tons.” Rian answered.

“Well, narrow it down!” Tay yelled at the boys.

“Calm the fuck down Taylor, we got this.” Zack yelled back.

Ouch. I could feel the tension between them, and they weren’t even in the same room.

“We should all meetup and try and figure it out.” Alex suggested.

Tay dialed up Jack and connected.

“Hello?”

“How’s your face feelin asshole?” Alex laughed.

“I still look better than you.” Jack returned his insult.

“Guys, we’re all gonna meetup at Alex and Molly’s in twenty to try and figure out who’s on our asses.” Zack announced.

“Why my house?” I asked.

“Alex’s is fucked, don’t want him dying on us.” Zack answered. “Bring Cassadee, Matt, anyone in our group.”

***

I sat in the corner of the living room on the floor, opposite of Jack.

“What about Lisa’s brothers?” Cassadee suggested.

“No, she hates me now, but she won’t get that angry at me. Ask her anyways though Cass.” Alex answered.

We all searched our minds for someone who could be doing this.

“Jeremy?” I asked everyone.

“I don’t think that kid knows how to throw a punch.” Jack laughed.

Matt furrowed his eyebrows in thought. “No, but he could easily pay someone to.”

***

“Hey Jeremy!” I chirped as I swung my arms around the short boy.

“Ello Molly.” He smiled,

“So, I hope you’ve got no hard feelings about Alex.”

“Not really. The little peck could use a smack, but I’m not going to do that to him, his mother or father should.”

“What if your friend would do it?”

“Molly, I don’t think any of my friends would be comfortable hitting someone.”

“So .. it wasn’t you who attacked him?”

The colour drained from Jeremy’s face. “Someone attacked him!? Who!?”

Clearly, it wasn’t him. I’ve seen him try to act, and this was real. He had no idea Alex was ever jumped.

But, who did it then?