Sequel: Vegas
Status: Sequel- Vegas- Up Now

Shameless

Chapter 7:

This was a nightmare. I stared at the ceiling not caring that the room was pink anymore.

Obviously I couldn’t ask my mom to go in and talk to the principal because she doesn’t “approve”. Wait. Hold on. I could ask my dad. Oh yeah never mind, He doesn’t live in Baltimore so why would anyone at school care.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. I stuck my head out of the doorway.

“ZAAAACCKKK!!!” I yelled. My mom wouldn’t approve of this. The boy soon came bounding up the stairs, with Alex in tow.

“Yeah Molly?” he asked looking at me,

“I need people’s help.” I started before I heard my mom call me downstairs. “Never mind. forget I even called you guys,” I shook my head as I made my way down to wherever my mom was.

I walked down the stairs. I heard that the Thompson’s had left earlier. I wondered what Mom wanted from me.

“Molly, sweetheart, I need to talk to you,” Mom’s voice sounded from the living room. Something wasn’t right. She was scheming something ladylike for me to do. She never calls me sweetheart. I cautiously made my way into the living room. Mom was sitting in her chair reading a magazine.

“Hi mom?” I wasn’t sure I wanted to have this conversation.

“So, you have a week before school starts, and you know this is your last year. What are you thinking of doing after you graduate?” Mom asked me.

“Uhm.. I don’t know yet. I’m hoping to get a scholarship from University of Phoenix for Sports Therapy or something along the lines of sports.” I knew that was the “wrong” answer but I didn’t care. Something in me liked to piss my mother off.

“But Molly, why not become a nurse or a teacher. You know something more feminine.” Mom asked.

“Mom. Listen to me. I want to do what I want. You can’t dictate how I’m supposed to live my life. And besides I don’t want to be feminine.” I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at her.

“Alright Molly, but don’t be disappointed when things don’t go your way,” Mom sighed and went back to reading.

“Alright mom, whatever. How about you ask Alex what he wants to do.” I rolled my eyes.

“I already talked to him, and he said he’s going to keep up his band.” she replied without looking up.

“Oh so the chances of them being big are somehow greater than me getting into a University for health sciences to become a sports therapist. What has this world come to?! I am going to make the boys soccer team and I am going to prove you wrong Mother. I don’t care how but I will!!” I yelled and stormed out. Tears were running down my cheeks and I needed my dad. He knew how to cheer me up. I was “daddy’s girl” after all.

***

A knock interrupted my thoughts. I had gotten off the phone with my dad and just decided to think the events that had occurred out thoroughly.

“Come in,” I groaned as I turned around to face the door.

“Hey Moll,” Alex gave me a smile but it soon fell.

“Hi Alex,” I

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he sat down beside me.

“Everything,” I replied as I buried my head in my pilllows.