My New Addiction

You're Strumming on my Heart Strings

“Guess what today is.” Sam said, as I walked up to my locker after first period. He leaned against the locker next to mine and smiled at me. I shrugged and unlocked my locker grabbing the items I needed for the next three classes. “Are you okay?” I ignored him and threw my books in the bag and closed the locker door.

“I'll bring it on Monday then.” I said and walked past him onto my second period class. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

“What's wrong with you?”

“Nothing, just not a good night last night. Don't worry I won't forget the record on Monday.” I said and continued walking. He grabbed my wrist again and I rolled my eyes.

“Why don't you come over to my house and drop it off?” He asked and walked beside me.

“I can't, I have plans.” I responded. He snorted and raised an eyebrow. “I have a project that needs to get started, Danny's coming over tonight so we can work on it.”

“What time is he coming over?”

“Right after school, he's taking me home. I've got to go to class, bye.” He let go of my hand and I hurried to class.
Image
”You have a nice house.” Danny complimented as I opened up the door to my bedroom. I threw my bag on my bed and looked at him.

“I'm sure yours is nicer. Want anything to eat or drink?” I offered and he sat down on my bed next to our backpacks.

“Water if you don't mind.” He said and pulled out both of our books. I smiled and left the room to grab us water. “What's with Sam lately?” He asked when I returned, I sat on my bed and gave him an odd look. “He showed up to school every single day this week and has been following you and Jamie around. I'm sort of jealous.”

“Why? Wish he would follow you around?” I joked, “Jamie and Ashton are in a relationship now. I made a bet that if he showed up to school everyday for a week I'll give him a record.”

“Thought he had a thing for you.” Danny said and shrugged. I let out, a very attractive I'm sure, snort.

“Not even close. We are barely even friends. Once Monday comes and I give him his record I bet we won't even give each other more than a glance.” Danny smiled at my response and opened up his book.
Image
”I just don't understand it.” I said while shrugging. I let my book drop to my bed. We, Danny and I, were currently laying on my bed. Our school project completely forgotten.

“It's soccer,” he laughed and poked my side, “it's the easiest sport, besides like, golf.” He turned his head to look at me while I shrugged again.

“I don't even know the difference between a touchdown and a half back.” I said and he laughed again.

“Well, both are for football, not soccer for one thing.” I felt my face heat up. “I'll teach you sometime. I mean, you have to know how the game goes if your going to the games. You are going, right?” I bit my lip and stared at the ceiling.

“Do you want me to?”

“Of course. Why wouldn't I want someone like you cheering me on?” He asked and poked one of my fingers. “Maybe one day you'll cheer me on while wearing my jacket?” He suggested. I threw my hands over my face while he laughed at me. “Like those 80's movies you like so much.” I groaned and continued to hide my face behind my hands, seeing as I probably looked like a stop sign. Suddenly, the door practically threw open and we both jerked up from our laying position.

“Sam.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. He leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed. “Sam, leave. I told you Danny was coming over to work on a project.”

“No, I should probably get going. I'm sure dinner is almost ready anyways.” Danny said, packing up his books and notebook.

“Danny, no. You don't have to go.” I said and he just smiled at me. “It'll be quick, I'm sure.”

“I'll call you later, okay?” He asked and gave me a hug. He nodded his head and smiled at Sam before he walked past him. Sam lifted himself off the door frame and jumped on top of my bed. I packed up all of my school supplies and grabbed the record from the top of my desk, handing it over to Sam.

“There. Goodbye.” I said and sat on my bed, opening up my laptop. He stayed put, looking at the record.

“Trying to get rid of me so soon?” Sam asked, dropping the record on my bed. I looked up from my laptop screen to look at him for a second then looked back at my screen. “Come for a walk?” He asked while taking his pack of cigarettes and nudging me. I simply ignored him and continued on what I was doing with my laptop. He grabbed my jacket from my computer chair and threw it at me. I dramatically rolled my eyes and closed my laptop, pulling on my jacket while he guided me outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Thanks for the new comment/subscriptions and recommendations(maybe)
Sorry for the sort of long wait from last night, I haven't been on my laptop those past few days.