Sequel: Some Days
Status: Done. Sequel coming Soon :)

Into Your Arms

There Was A New Girl In Town

I sat in my old car outside his apartment in the rain, waiting. I'd already tried six other roommates, but the second they heard I didn't have a job they backed out. This guy, I only talked to him on the phone for a few minutes. He seemed nice.

I slowly got out of the car, and walked into the building, not caring if my dark hair got wet. I took the elevator and knocked on the door - room 213. The door swung open and my jaw nearly dropped.

He stood around six feet, towering over my tiny 5'7", with dark sandy brown hair gelled up out of his green eyes.

"I guess you're Carly Lawson?" He smiled.

"Uh, yeah. You're John O-"

"O'Callaghan, yeah I am. Come in." He turned away, leaving me in the door way alone for a moment before I followed in, closing the door behind me.

"It looks cold outside."

"It is." I laughed.

I followed him over to the table, and sat down in the chair opposite the one he sat in.

"So, Carly."

I smiled. "So, John."

He laughed. "What're doing here anyways?"

I sighed before answering. "I needed a change."

"Change is good."

I nodded at him. "Can we relax?"

"What?"

"I feel like I'm being interviewed for a job."

His eyes widened and he nearly jumped from his seat. "No, no you shouldn't!"

I laughed at how panicked he was. It was almost like he wanted me to move in more than I did.

I muttered an okay before he asked his next question.

"Where have you been staying?"

I felt my face flush red, and I ripped my gaze from his eyes and put it at my feet. "A really shitty motel."

He laughed. "Well, you can't live there, now can you?"

I shook my head.

"Job?"

I shook my head again.

He stood up, and I did too.

"Let's go get your things."

***

We brought in the last of the boxes and dropped them into the guest room, er, my room.

"Thank you so much." I turned and hugged him.

He awkwardly patted my back before I pulled away.

"I need a roommate, this empty room's been bugging me." He replied and turned out the door, into the kitchen.

So I had a place to live. Now I needed a job. And friends. And an idea of what to do here.

I began unpacking my things, placing my clothes in the dresser that was John's, smiling to myself. I can't believe he let me live with him.

I heard the tapping of knuckles on the door and I opened it.

"What do you want for dinner?"

I reached into my pockets and pulled out a twenty, shoving it towards him. "Takeout."

He gave me a two finger salute, the money clenched in his hand, before walking away.

"I'll get your key cut too!" He yelled back to me as he slammed the door shut.

I finished unpacking and headed out of the room to look around, get a good feel of the place. The kitchen was open, a few island counters separating it from the living room. The couch was a burgundy red type colour, I'm not exactly sure, and the small pillows in each corner were black.

Against the far wall was the small wooden table we sat at earlier, a small laptop sitting on top of it.

Just beside the table was a hallway, leading to what I assume was John's room, and the bathroom he'd pointed to earlier. It was small, and cute, and home.

I heard the phone ring a rather high-pitched annoying sound, and I ran to it, answering.

"Hello?"

"Uh..Is John there?" A female voice drifted out.

"No, but he'll be back soon. Who's asking for him?"

"Mel...his girlfriend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Into Your Arms - The Maine