Status: completed

Seemed So Far

Kids In Love

I curled into a ball on the couch when he left to make the mac and cheese. I thought about telling him the rest of my story. I think I needed to, to feel better.

I got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. I gave Garrett a small smile before standing next to him. 

He tilted his head to the side, just looking at me. I sighed and continued my story.

"For the next two years, I felt alone. I didn't trust anybody. I tried a few times to and when it didn't work out, I stopped opening up to people, even my parents. I shut down and I turned to music. Music help me through everything." I smiled at the thought. "My favorite band is All Time Low. Because they've helped me the most. That day in the counselor's office, she told my mom and I that she thought I needed therapy. And when I heard the song Therapy by All Time Low, I knew that I could trust them. So instead of opening up to people, I opened up to music. And they saved me." I smiled at the thought of my saviors. "After four years since the whole thing started, they contacted us again. My sister apologized and I forgave her, but I'll never forget her words. I saw her at her graduation. And she told my dad and I that she was expecting. I was there when my baby boy was born. He was absolutely beautiful. And that was the last time I saw them." I breathed out, finishing my story.

Garrett watched me the whole time, and then hugged me when I was finished. I sighed against him. 

We stayed like that until the water was boiling and he poured in the noddles, stirring them around. I smiled at him.

"You're been through a lot and I'm sorry for that," he turned to me.

"Gar, you didn't do anything. It's over now, they're happy, I'm happy. We may see each other again one day and I'll be ecstatic when that day comes." I smiled.

He smiled and leaned over to kiss my forehead. I grinned, getting out two bowls and sitting at the counter, waiting for my food.

We ate our food in silence but then started up a conversation. It soon died down and I was dying to ask him.

"What happened in your last relationship?" I looked over at him through my hair.

He sighed, playing with the mac and cheese in his bowl. 

I was biting at my lip, waiting.

"Her name was Rachael. I met her in high school and we became high school sweethearts. We didn't fight that much. But then the touring became too much for her and I never invited her to come, cause I didn't want her too. She broke up with me when our second tour started." He sighed, taking a bite of his food. I felt bad, I wanted to hug him and tell him that I would be there for him.

"One day I check my email and I have one from an old friend. There were pictures in it." He looked like he was about to choke on his food.

"I looked at the pictures and almost threw my computer out the window. They were pictures of Rachael and her husband, fiancé at the time actually."

My mouth was hanging open. How could she do that to him? Hurt him like that? He looked over at me and I almost fell out of my chair. There was so much hurt in his eyes that I couldn't take it, I grabbed his shoulders and hugged him so tight, I thought he would disappear if I let him go. I felt him sniff against me and my eyes watered over. I couldn't cry again. I couldn't be the one to cry, he had to be the one. I rubbed his back, shushing him when he cried out. I felt fucking terrible. I hated seeing him sad, but seeing him this hurt made me want to punch something. I was angry at Rachael for doing that to him and not letting him know. She completely broke his heart and she didn't know it.

"I-I'm afraid it'll happen a-again," he stuttered out and my heart shattered. He was broken. I'm so stupid for making him tell me. Nice going Marin. You should get a golden award for being the dumbest bitch on the planet. I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on Garrett. He's the one who needed me right now.

"I won't let that happen, Garrett. I promise." I kissed his temple.

He pulled away and looked at me with watery eyes, "Promise?"

I leaned over and put my forehead against his, "I promise."