Status: completed

Seemed So Far

You Left Me

I put our bowls in the sink and let them soak in warm water. I turned around towards Garrett and he was fiddling with his fingers. I noticed that his eyes looked exhausted from crying, red and puffy.

I walked over to him and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. I led him upstairs, he needed to relax after talking all day and crying. I left him in my room, to brush my teeth before bed. He soon came in and did the same thing. I would glance over at him, but he would be looking down.

We went back out together and I got him under the covers, him laying on his stomach. When I got under and laid down, he scooted over, wrapping his arms around my waist and laid his head in the crook of my neck. He tangled our legs together and I smiled. I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back, soothingly. 

I looked next to the bedside table and grabbed my laptop, opening it and playing music softly. The first song to come on was You Left Me by the guys. I couldn't help but notice that it fit with Garrett and Rachael. I skipped the song. I still felt horrible for making him tell me. I wish I could take it back if I knew that it hurt him that much. 

I felt his steady breathing on my neck and began running my fingers threw his hair. I felt him sigh against me and I smiled. 

He soon fell asleep, pouting his bottom lip out again. I heard my phone vibrate from next to me and grabbed it.

'The guys are going out night Kennedy said.

We can't, I just got Garrett to bed

Why is he in bed? What did you guys do all day?

He was exhausted and we talked

About what? 

I told him about my sisters and my old home. I.. I asked him about Rachael

Luckily, I didn't have to explain to Kennedy about my story, he made me tell him at the park.

What did he do

It was emotional for both of us to talk about those things. If I could I would go back and not ask about her because I saw how hurt he was and it killed me, Kenny

I'm sorry you had to see him like that, I'll tell the guys that you can't make it

Don't get too drunk, watch out for Pat too

Haha I won't

I put my phone back down and focused on Garrett again. I was glad he was showing me the soft side of him. I was happy that he didn't shut me out like I did to most people back then. It did you no good to shut them out.

I kissed his head and shut my eyes, ready for sleep.