Status: completed

Seemed So Far

Give It To Me

I woke again from the stupid sunlight pouring in through my window. I would have to go to the furniture store and get curtains, maybe some other things too.

I focused on the boy, who was almost on top of me. I thought it was cute that he didn't move last night. I noticed that both our shirts had ridden up and his skin was on mine. I felt like there was a fire on the spot where his skin was. I looked over at the clock that read eight thirty. I was hoping Garrett would wake up any moment cause I had to go pee really bad. I didn't want to leave him in bed alone, even though I needed too.

Luckily, he started to stir and I waited for him to move off of me. When he did, I flew out of bed and ran to the bathroom. 

After taking care of my business, I walked back out and laughed.

"Sorry, I had to go pee really bad"

He laughed and got out of bed, pulling his shirt back down. He walked the distance between us and hugged me.

"It's alright"

"So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"I actually need to go home, I'm going to lunch with my mom"

"Ooo, fun." I poked him.

He nodded and moved to the bathroom. I got out dark washed shorts and an oversized sweater. You probably think I'm crazy for wearing that in Arizona, but it was freezing with the air conditioner on in my house and in all the stores that you went too.

Garrett stepped out of the bathroom and I occupied it next, changing, brushing my teeth and hair, then throwing it up in a high ponytail. I put my clothes in the hamper and walked out, seeing no sign of Garrett. I walked downstairs to see him putting on his shoes.

"No breakfast?" 

"I took a poptart," he said, holding it up.

I nodded. "I might not be back tonight, but I'll let you know."

I nodded again and he kissed my forehead and left.

Looks like I'll be going to that furniture store today.

I called Kennedy since he would probably take me there since I didn't know where it was.

"Helloooo," he exaggerated. 

"Kenny, come to the furniture store with me."

"Where's Garrett?"

"He's having lunch with his mom today."

"Fine, I'll be there in five." He hung up.

I grabbed an orange since I wouldn't have time to eat cereal or eggs. I peeled the outside off and popped a slice in my mouth, walking into the living room to grab my wallet. I waiting outside and watched Kennedy get in his car. I made sure the door was locked before I walked down the porch and to the curb, waiting for Kennedy. He pulled up and I got in.

"Morning"

"Hola"

I have him a funny look but he just shrugged.

"So why are we going to the furniture store?"

"Because I need curtains."

He nodded and silence filled the car before he turned up the radio. He got there an hour later, being far away from the city. He brought me to a warehouse instead because they had a bigger selection. 

I ended up getting dark blue curtains. It wasn't a bad dark blue, it was pretty.

Kennedy fooled around in the warehouse, running around and touching everything and jumping on the beds. I just shook my head and continued walking, looking at everything.

When we got back to the car, I made Kennedy carry the rugs I got for the kitchen and bathroom.

He whined because they were heavy. He was such a baby, they were like place mats.

When we got back, he carried in the rugs and helped me put on the curtains. When we finished I went downstairs and made him a sandwich.

"The guy are going out again, you comin'?"

"Not tonight, I need to call my mom and do laundry." I sighed.

"Pssh. Have fun." 

"Don't be a buttmunch, Kenny"

He laughed, throwing his head back. "Buttmunch?"

I looked down at my feet, "I get it from my dad. We used to call each other that."

He laughed again, finishing his sandwich.

"Well you have fun doing laundry and talking to your mom." He said when he was leaving.

"I will, thank you very much." I nodded.

He laughed, hugging me and kissing my cheek. "See ya later"

I closed the door behind him, smiling to myself.