Status: completed

Seemed So Far

If You Run

I felt a pair of lips kiss my forehead and I fluttered my eyes open. I tilted my head more to look at Garrett. He was already looking down at me with a grin. I chuckled, moving the hair out of his eyes. He caught my hand in his and kissed it.

"Morning beautiful"

"Morning," I smiled.

He was about to say something when his phone vibrated. He rolled his eyes and grabbed it, answering it. 

"GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW" Pat yelled.

My eyes went wide, I didn't know he could be that loud. 

"AND BRING MY BEST FRIEND WITH YOU"

I chuckled and Garrett hung up after telling him we'd be there soon. 

"What's going on?" 

"He has good news. He's done this before, he always yells when he's excited" Garrett sighed.

I nodded and got out of bed with Garrett, grabbing my dark blue shorts and a plain white top. I got dressed quick while Garrett got dressed in his bathroom, I knocked before going in and brushing my teeth with him. 

I slipped on my flip flops when I got downstairs while he grabbed his keys and put his sneakers on.

We arrived an hour later at John's house again. Pat tackled me in a hug, jumping up and down.

"We have exciting news!" He yelled. I laughed, walking into the living room and sitting next to Kennedy. He gave me a hug before Garrett sat down on my other side, leaning his elbows on his knees. 

"So, are you gonna tell us?" Garrett asked. The boys didn't even say anything when we walked in except hi to me.

Pat was jumping in his seat on the floor. "Go ahead John"

Garrett and I gave John a questioning look. 

"We're going on tour!" He yelled in excitement. Garrett jumped out of his seat. I smiled, happy for him.

"That's great guys." I was genuinely happy for them, they hadn't gone on tour yet since they put out Black & White. They needed this. They deserved it.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, thinking it was a text until it kept vibrating. I excused myself from the guys, going outside in front of John's house.

I answered my phone, "Hello?"

"Marin, sweetie."

"Oh hey Mom"

"Hi Hun, how are you?"

"I'm good, what's up?"

"I just booked my flight to come and see you on Thursday." 

"That's great, Mom! I'll have to get the guest bedroom ready for you." I was excited, I missed my Mom a lot.

"Oh great, maybe I'll get to meet your new friends, yeah?"

"Yes you will, we'll have them over for dinner."

"Alright, well I just called to let you know. I'll see you Thursday. I love you."

"I love you too Mom." With that, I hung up. She was going to be here in two days. Okay, that was good, I had two days to get everything ready for her. I smiled, and walked back inside. All of the guys were playing the Xbox except Garrett. He turned to me as I sat down next to him.

"Who was on the phone?"

"My mom," I smiled. "She's coming on Thursday."

"That's great," he kissed my temple and wrapped his arm around me.

We eventually went to a small diner, since none of us ate yet. They couldn't stop talking about the tour that was coming up. I couldn't help but smile, happy for them.

Garrett would turn to me occasionally and kiss my cheek. I could tell he was excited. He hadn't been on tour in awhile. 

We all finished our meals and Garrett drove me back to my house, saying that he'd come back later.

I put the new bed sheets and comforter on the bed in the guest bedroom. I was overly excited. I missed my mom like crazy. 

My phone rang in my pocket as I was laying on the couch, watching a movie two hours later.

I looked at the screen, to see a picture of Garrett smiling while I was sleeping. I laughed and answered the phone, putting it up to my ear.

"When excatly did you change your picture?"

"This morning," I could hear the smile in his voice.

I laughed, "So what's up?"

"I'm on my way with your bag."

"Is someone spending the night?"

"Mhm."

I smiled, "Alright, I'll see you soon"

"See ya soon," he hung up.

I put my phone back in my pocket, changing the channel. 

An hour later, there was a knock on the door. I got up, way to fast, almost tumbling over.

I opened the door, a body flew to me and Garrett picked me up. I laughed when he twirled me. 

"I missed you," he mumbled into my neck.

"It's only been a couple hours, Gar." I smiled.

He took his face out from my neck and found my lips with his. I giggled against him, closing the door. 

"So, you're excited for tour?"

"Yeah, it's been awhile," he nodded.

"You'll have a great time," I gave a weak smile.

"So will you."

I looked at him, puzzled. "What?"

"You're obviously coming, I'm not gonna leave you here by yourself with nothing to do." I was surprised. He didn't want Rachael to come on their last tour, and I was expecting him to do that with me too.

My eyes went wide, "Really?" I jumped on him, hugging him tight.

He chuckled, hugging me back. "I want you to come."

I smiled, pulling away and kissing him. He actually wanted me to come so I must've did something right.