Status: completed

Seemed So Far

Misery

Kennedy came at six because they had soundcheck and the show started at seven. 

Like I said, I was wearing dark blue skinnies, a Ryan Adams tee and my black vans. Vans were my absolute favorite shoes and Toms.

We arrived at the venue, Kennedy getting his guitar out of the back. He handed me a backstage pass. I held it like it would break, like a prized possession. We walked to the back, a security guard opening the door for us. We walked down a hallway, the crew members giving me welcoming smiles. We went threw a door, which led to backstage. I was so excited. Excited to be here, excited to get to hear what they sound like. I just had a feeling they would be really good. We got to the right of the stage, seeing no one but crew members setting up. I frowned, wanting to see the blue-eyed boy. Kennedy set his guitar down then led me to a room, which I'm guessing is their dressing room. Kennedy opened the door and I saw a body fly to me. Chuckling, I hugged Pat back.

"I'm so happy you're here!" he exclaimed, starting to jump up and down.

"Me too," I laughed.

He let me go, and I gave the rest of guys hugs. I was a hug person, like Pat. Garrett was the last one for me to hug. I breathed him in, he smelt pretty good if you ask me. He gave me a crooked smile and I felt my knees going weak. I smiled back at him, sitting on the black leather couch. Garrett sat down next to me, his leg touching mine. I felt my leg burning. John sat down on my other side, throwing his arm over my shoulders. 

"You'll love the show, I just know it" He smiled.

"You're very positive, John. What if I think you guys suck?" I cocked an eyebrow

He looked down at me, "Well hopefully that doesn't happen because Pat will be devastated."

"Did you look us up before you came?" Pat asked.

I looked at him, my eyes wide. "Oh shit, sorry Pat. I completely forgot."

Pat looked down at his lap and I got up, walking over to him and giving him a hug. "I'm sure you guys will be amazing." I whispered. I let him go, turning back toward the guys. 

"Don't you guys have soundcheck?" I asked.

They all just stared at me. Blank looks on their faces.

"What?"

John spoke up. "You like Ryan Adams?" He pointed to my shirt.

I looked down and fingered the material. "Uh yeah." 

"So does Garrett." John said, pointing at the boy. I looked at him and he gave me a smile.

"He's my favorite" I blushed, looking down again.

"And no, we did soundcheck earlier." Jared said.

"Oh," I nodded.

We sat and talked for an hour, then they had to go on. We all walked down the hall and to side-stage. I looked out at the crowd, and it was huge. Probably 100 people came. I smiled at the thought of all of their fans there. One of them should be back here, not me. I never even heard these boys before. I didn't deserve to be back here. I watched the boys huddle up and then separate. I gave them hugs, Pat lifting me up again. Kennedy gave me a kiss on the cheek and I smiled. Garrett, again, was the last one. 

"You guys are gonna be great," I told him.

"Thanks," he smiled. I gave his arm a squeeze and watched him walk out on stage. He smiled at the crowd and waved at them.

I stood in the same spot for and hour and half, enjoying the show. They were amazing! I loved their sound, their energy, just everything. Most of the time I had my eyes on Garrett, just watching him walk around and play his bass and sing the words. A couple times he turned to me and gave me a smile and I always smiled back.

Two songs caught my attention. Into Your Arms and Inside of You. I fell in love with Into Your Arms. It was even better because it was acoustic. Acoustic songs were always good. 

"Thank you guys for coming, we're The Maine and we'll see you next time!" John said into the microphone, the crowd cheered. They were calling all of their names.  The boys came running off stage and I helped handing them towels. 

"You guys were amazing!" I jumped. Kennedy gave me another kiss on the cheek, Pat gave me another bear hug and Garrett still gave me a hug despite the sweat.

I walked next to him, back to the dressing room. 

"I think this calls for celebration drinks," John smiled.

"Yeah, you coming Marin?" Pat asked.

"I guess I could go. Are we dancing again?" I smiled to Pat

"Of course we are!"

I laughed. I helped the boys get their instruments and got in the car with Kennedy and Garrett, me in the back and Garrett in the front.

We arrived at the same bar from last night. We walked in and saw the rest of the guys already seated at the table. We sat down, me in between Kennedy and Garrett. Garrett had his arm wrapped around my chair, I couldn't help but feel the heat radiating off of him. I just wanted to curl into his side and hug him and have him smile at me and give me that crooked smile of his. 

"To the dance floor!" Pat yelled, coming around the table and grabbing my hand. I laughed and the rest of the boys followed.

We danced for an hour, just dancing and hearing Jared tell jokes. Again, I was grabbing my stomach from laughing. I loved being with these boys. Kennedy was my best friend, Pat was too, John and Jared were like big brothers, and Garret. Garrett was something else, not a best friend or brother. I don't know what he his. Maybe someone I liked? I don't know. All I know is that I don't want to stop hanging out with these boys.

We went back to the table, relaxing from dancing and laughing. John was drunk already, Pat was close and Jared had two beers since he would be the one driving. Kennedy had a few drinks since he had to take me home too.

Pat was talking non stop, talking to the boys about a show. Garrett turned to me and smiled. 

"Wanna dance?"

"S-Sure," I said. He grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor.

We danced, but not like grinding. Grinding was completely stupid. I hated it. I wasn't like that. I didn't want to get in bed with random people, so I never danced like that. I'm not saying that most girl are like that if they dance like that, but it just seems like it. I have nothing against girls who are like that. It just wasn't my thing. And I could tell that Garrett wasn't the type of guy to take advantage of a girl like that. He wasn't like John. And don't get me wrong, I liked John as a friend, he was a good person but it wasn't right to do that to girls.

We danced for a little bit and laughed when he told me stories about when Pat was drunk. Like the one time where they all went to Pizza Hut after going out and Pat took his shirt off that started dancing on the tables.

He grabbed my hand and we went back to the tables. We sat down with Kenny and Pat who was passed out on the table. I chuckled at the sight of him. 

"He's going to have a terrible headache tomorrow," Kennedy sighed.

"Looks like you're on Pat duty," Garrett chuckled.

"Are you serious? He's going to drive me insane with his hangover" Kennedy put his head in his hands.

"Poor Kenny," I pouted my bottom lip out and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Can we just go home so I can get rid of him faster?" 

"If you want to." We got up, Kennedy putting Pat's arm around his shoulders. Garrett went over to Jared and John, telling them we were leaving. I helped Kennedy take Pat out to the car and put him in the back seat. 

"Can you drive? I have to sit with him back here," Kennedy said

"Uh, yeah sure." I got in the driver's seat and we waited fir Garrett to get in. We headed our way home, silence taking over. Pat was talking in the backseat with Kennedy, mumbling and slurring mostly. I just laughed at his attempt to talk. 

I pulled into Kennedy's driveway, we all go out. Garrett helped Kennedy with Pat and I walked in front of them, opening the door. I waited downstairs while the boys got Pat in bed.

They came downstairs after a few minutes. 

"Well that was interesting," Kennedy said.

"Fun night though," I shrugged.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Garrett asked.

"That'd be great." I smiled

I walked about to Kennedy and gave him a hug. "I gave him your number," he whispered. I let him go with wide eyes. He just shrugged and laughed. I hit his arm playfully.

"I'll see you later," I smiled.

"Tomorrow actually"

I gave him a questioning look. "I'll text you later," he laughed.

I nodded and followed Garrett outside. It was quiet on the walk there, I was looking at my feet and who knows where Garrett was looking. We made it to my porch. I got my keys out and I was waiting for Garrett to say something. Looks like I had to be the one.

"Thanks for walking me home," I smiled. I looked up to see him staring at me, I blushed but I hoped he didn't see with the light behind me.

"Anytime," he gave me that crooked smile. "The guys will probably all be over at Kennedy's tomorrow."

"You guys can come here if you want?"

"Alright, I'll ask them and let you know." He smiled.

I looked down with a smile and looked back up just in time for him to give me a kiss on the cheek. 

"I'll see you tomorrow"

"I'll see you tomorrow," I nodded.

He gave me on last crooked smile and turned around, walking back to Kennedy's house. I walked in and locked the door. I kicked off my shoes and hung up my coat. I walked up to my room and changed, I brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun. My phone was on the charger and I crawled into bed.

Moving to Arizona had become the best choice I ever made. All the guys were great. I met them a day ago and they were already my best friends. It might sound a little crazy but to me it makes sense. I had problems trusting people back home and I have always been afraid of making friendships and relationships. But with the guys, it was so easy to be friends with them. They made conversations easy and becoming their friends easy. They invited me in and most people didn't do that with me.

My ringtone went off, playing Remembering Sunday by All Time Low. I checked my phone. 

1 New Message

Sweet dreams 
-G


I found myself smiling instantly. He was so sweet. I turned my phone on vibrate and locked it. I turned over on my stomach and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i think there's more errors in this. but oh well, i'll fix later. this is the last chapter for this weekend cause i won't have internet