Status: completed

Seemed So Far

Guts

The few days that they were gone turned out to be a week and it was so boring without them. I mostly just sat around or went to the park or just walked. I texted Kennedy and Garrett everyday. Kennedy was telling me about what they were doing. When he called he would ask what I was doing and I would tell him 'nothing' and he would laugh. Garrett talked to me about things and told me about Pat whining because I wasn't there. He also said he missed me too and that he would come over. I was nervous as hell. I was making him dinner and I felt like I was gonna poison him or something. I made something basic though, I grilled a chicken on the back porch and cut up lettuce. I had to call him to ask him if he liked tomatoes, which he laughed at and said no. 

It was about five minutes before he would be here and I wasn't even dressed yet. I actually didn't really have to dress up. 

I ran up to my room, and got dressed in shorts and a nice blue top. I put on a small amount of mascara and went back downstairs. I finished the sandwiches and put a few chips on the side. I set the plates at the table and made sure everything was right where it needed to be.

Then the doorbell rang and I almost peed myself.

I straightened my shirt and walked over to the door, opening it. I smiled when I saw the blue-eyed boy that I've missed so much. He smiled too and closed the distance between us, enveloping me in his hug. I hugged him tight.

"I missed you." He said in my ear. 

I smiled, "I missed you too."

We let go of each other and I shut the door. I led him into the kitchen. 

"Hungry?" I asked.

"Starving, actually." He chuckled. I smiled and we sat down and ate our meals. We had a light conversation, mostly him asking what I did while we didn't see each other. I was happy to see him again. I think on the fourth day that I didn't see him, I was questioning about if I would ever see him again.

We finished up and I took his plate, putting it in the sink. I grabbed the soap but he came over and took it from me. 

"I told you I would do it next time," he smiled.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. I watched him wash the dishes and when he finished he stood in front of me.

"Now what?"

"I don't know," I shrugged.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "Let's watch a movie?"

I nodded.

We walked into the living room and I sat down on the couch telling him to pick a movie. He picked one of my favorites. The Dark Knight.

"I love Batman." I smiled.

He popped in the movie and sat next to me, putting his arm around me. I snuggled into him, bringing my feet under me.

We stayed like that for most of the movie, until I put my head on his shoulder. I could feel sleep pulling me in and I felt my eyes droop. 

--

I felt something poke my side and my eyes opened. I looked up to see Garret looking down at me.

"Did I fall asleep?" I asked. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. 

"Yeah, you're cute when you sleep so I didn't want to wake you up"

I blushed, looking at the time to see it was almost twelve.

"I think it's a little late for you to go home" I sighed.

"I know."

"You could've just gotten up and left, you know."

"I wouldn't do that to you," he said. I smiled. 

"Are you tired?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"I can leave if you want." He got up but I grabbed his hand.

"No, I don't want you to leave"

He smiled, "Come on, let's get you to bed."

He shut off the tv and I turned off the lights and we walked upstairs together. We walked into my room and I turned towards him.

"I'm not making you sleep on the couch."

"Don't you have a guest bedroom?"

"Maybe, but I don't like being alone," I looked down at our feet.

He put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him and he kissed my forehead. So much for hoping. I liked it when he kissed my forehead though. I liked everything be did to me, like hug me and kiss my cheek and talk in my ear and anything really. I liked him a lot. But I wanted to know if he felt the same. I'll probably have to ask Kenny tomorrow or something.

I led him into my room more and went in my closet to change into pajama shorts and a tank top.

"Do you want some basketball shorts?" I asked when I came out. He looked at me weird and then he looked at my eyes and nodded. I got out basketball shorts and handed them to him. He went into the bathroom connected to my room and closed the door. I got in my bed, scooting over to the other side by the wall and grabbed my laptop. I opened up iTunes first and played music, then I opened up the internet and checked Twitter.

He came out in the basketball shorts. Just the basketball shorts. Basketball shorts. Topless. He was topless and I was hyperventilating inside. Sweet Jesus. He was shirtless. He was fit. 

Yes, I did just use a British term.

He put his clothes on the ground by the bathroom door and walked over to the bed and I tried not to stare at him. He got under the covers, getting situated and I turned my attention back to my computer. I clicked the new tweet button and started typing. 

Night my muffins

"Night my muffins?" Garrett laughed.

"Don't make fun of me," I blushed, hitting him playfully. He laughed again and scooted over to kiss my cheek. I smiled and logged out of Twitter and went on Tumblr. 

"You have a tumblr too?" He asked.

I looked at him, "You have one?"

"Yeah, it's mrtoday"

I turned back to my computer and typed in his url. I waited for it to load up then I looked at some of his posts and then clicked the follow button. 

I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye. I smiled to and checked my messages. I usually got messages from people asking for advice about boys, school and parents. I loved all of my followers even if some of them didn't talk to me. I answered a few and then closed the internet and closed my computer. 

"Can you put this over there?" I handed my computer to Garrett and he put it on the floor. I got further down in bed and snuggled into the sheets. Garret turned off the bedside light and got further down too. I closed my eyes, ready for sleep until I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me into them. I opened my eyes and smiled then scooted closer and snuggled into him. 

I felt safe in his arms and I didn't want him to leave. I closed my eyes again and was ready for sleep.

"Goodnight Marin," Garrett whispered and kissed my forehead.

"Night."
♠ ♠ ♠
cayute