Sequel: After the Storm

Turning Tables

so i won't let you close enough to hurt me.

What Finley and Zayn hadn't known was that their so called secluded diner had included a teenage girl with her parents. A very big fan of One Direction, and in her skepticism of seeing Zayn, she'd snapped a picture of the man and tweeted it, tagging it under the band's name and under the name of Zayn Malik.

And that picture was now on the screen of Harry Style's laptop. It had been for a solid half hour now and still he hadn't called it to the attention of his mates. He'd been staring at Finley's red hair, Zayn's loving gaze and the laughing smile on either's face. He'd supported Louis when he'd said he'd wanted to find Zayn, get him home, work it all out or at least get more answers. But now, seeing how happy his friend looked away from them, enjoying a lovely date with his girl, he felt sick to his stomach to take that away from him. What kind of friends were they if they tried to take him away from what made him happy?

Louis stormed through the door of the flat and was panting. "See anything yet?"

Ever since their discussion the previous night, each of the four boys had been on full security detail and Harry felt like some damn stalker. He and Niall had been in charge of the internet sources, looking under the tags and hashtags of 'One Direction' and 'Zayn Malik' in hopes of finding his location somewhere. Harry had taken to twitter and Niall to tumblr. Liam had taken a different task, keeping an eye on credit card uses and recent phone calls. But Zayn was smart. He'd last used his credit card eight days ago at Finley's old coffee shop and hadn't made any phone calls after the night before he left. Louis, on the other hand, went out roaming the streets of London, asking store owners and dazzled fans if they'd seen him, playing it off as if some weird game of hide and seek in the city.

And only Harry had come up with evidence of his existence somewhere and he was keeping it to himself. The boys shook their heads at the question and Harry hesitated for a moment before doing the same. No one overlooked it. Harry bit down on his lip and thought it over. A man deserves his freedom, he thought. But four men deserves answers.

"Wait! I just found something!" He exclaimed in mock excitement and luckily his friends were too preoccupied to see through his poor acting skills.

They huddled around him in his reclaining chair and stared at the picture. They stared intently for a minute, not sure what to do next. "Go to the user's profile and get their information, their town, an e-mail, anything."

Harry's reluctant fingers didn't move fast enough and Niall snatched the laptop from him, taking it upon himself to complete the task. His fingers tapped and mashed keys in a flurry. It took less than three minutes for him to find something. "There's no town or location listed but I've got the e-mail. I'll see if I can use that to get anything else."

Louis nodded, anxiousness and happiness warping his face. He sighed, took a seat on the couch and placed his head in his hands, staring at the carpet. His eyes were struggling to hide his hurt. Harry knew how close the two had been, much closer than any of the boys had been to Zayn. Harry couldn't imagine how Louis must feel with a loss of his best friend, a betrayal of sorts. How could he just leave and not say anything?

"Found it," called Niall after five or so more minutes. Liam moved to the place where Niall sat next to my chair. Harry didn't move, nor did he care to look. He simply watched Louis with a look of concern and comfort. Louis stayed with his head in his hands, never looking away from the carpet. He was taking it harder than any of us thought he would.

"How?"

"I took the e-mail and used that function one Facebook where you put in a friend's e-mail and find their page. I looked through her basic info and luckily her privacy settings where really low. She's from a town called Roseguard, Arizona."

"The States?" Louis asked in exclamation, finally looking up at the rest of his mates. He laughed. "Why had none of of thought of looking for his passport, or when it had been used. Goddamn it!" He laughed a bit more and all the boys turned to him.

"What now, Louis?" Liam asked seriously.

Louis grinned. "We get our passports, we put together a small bag, and we fly out there. We find him."
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, two updates in one day? Honestly didn't think I could do it. Perhaps a third could be up before the night ends!