Status: one-shot

Forget Her.

She puts knots in my stomach

I never lied to her. I prided myself on the fact that our relationship wasn't based on lies. I guess she didn't feel the same way. Her whole part of the relationship was all a lie. I don't even think that she really loved me. I knew when I told her that I loved her that I meant it with every bone in my body.
I should have listened to all the guys when they told me that she slept with any guy. I told them over and over again that she was different with me. For the first six months of our relationship I do believe she was faithful. I heard mid way through our first headlining tour that she was partying nonstop while I was gone. I knew alcohol and her were a bad mix. Her clothes tended to come off with she drank. The first time we had sex we had both been drink. I learned very quickly that she was what you would call easy when she drank.
After a week of being home from tour I got curious on who she was text and found out that while I was gone she slept with some buy name Joey. I confronted her a week after I found out. I wasn't sure if I should forgive her or not. When I confronted her she got pissed and told me I was never home, and thats why she slept with him. That huge fight was the end of Darcy and I.
I sat in Denny's just staring at my cup of coffee that was in front of me. Ever since Darcy and I broke up I felt like I was in a funk. Like it didn't effect the band or anything like that. I just didn't go to parties anymore with them. I didn't go out anymore because I didn't want to chance running into Darcy. I knew we were fine now and everything, and according to her we were now "friends". I just didn't want to see her and some random guy pretty much going at it in front of everyone.
"Are you going to drink that coffee or just stare at it?" I looked to up to see Courtney looking at me like I was crazy.
"I'm gonna drink it."
"Okay good, because if you don't soon it's going to become iced coffee," she smiled to herself at her clever comment.
"So before you say no."
"No," I didn't even let her finish because I had a feeling where this was going.
"Let me finish," she said reaching over and grabbing my coffee. "I think you should go to Halvo's party tonight."
"Why do you think I should go to Halvo's party tonight?" I was interested in hearing what her excuse was.
"Because I am sick of not having a drinking partner," she said before taking a drink of my coffee.
"So this is all because you don't want to find another drinking partner?"
"No it's because I miss my best friend hanging out with me." I watched her as she ran her fingers through her brown hair. "I swear all you do is go to band practice then go home and mope around."
"I'm sorry that I got my heart broke and don't want to party." I couldn't believe she was mad at me.
"You know what Garrett you were blind to not see what a slut Darcy was." She just rolled her eyes and stood up from the table. "Everyone in town knew she was a slut except you. Damn you also have no clue what you have in front of you."
She left me speechless and I had no clue what to say as she walked out the door.
I paid for my coffee and Courtney's oatmeal and orange juice. The whole way home I racked my mind trying to figure out what se meant by, I had no clue what I had was right in front of me.
I sat in my room until of eleven over thinking everything about Courtney. I finally had enough and got off my bed and grabbed my car keys.
The drive to Halvo's house was a quick one. When I arrived I found the street packed with cars. I parked down the street and walked quickly up to Halvo's house.
I walked right in and went on a hunt to find Courtney. I had to figure out what she meant today. I walked through the kitchen and found a few of my friends. Then I walked into the living room to find Darcy pressed up against wall making out with some guy. I felt my stomach knot up at the sight of them. I bit my lip and try to push her out of my mind as I went on looking for Courtney. I walked outback to find her seating in a chair by the pool with John. The two of them were laughing about something or another.
I walked up to her and she gave me a pissed off look. "Yes?" she said before looking back at John.
"Court could we please talk?
"I guess."
"Let's talk at my car."
"Sure."
We walked through the crowded house and passed Darcy. I could feel Courtney's eyes burning into my back. I knew she wanted to tell me I just needed to get over Darcy.
When we got to my car I watched as she leaned against the car and crossed her arms.
"What did you mean today?"
"Which part? The part about Darcy being a slut or the part about you not seeing in front of you?"
"The second part." I had a feeling no matter how this conversation went things were going to be different between Courtney and I.
"What do you want me to say?"
"Courtney you have me so confused right now." Darcy had my stomach in knots and Courtney had my brain twisted and my stomach feeling even worse.
"God boys are so dumb," she said as she rolled her eyes. "Garrett I love you," was all she said before she crashed her lips into mine. Kissing Courtney was something completely different then I had ever experienced. It was was like our lips were made for each other. I guess I never realized how much I really like Courtney. I had always had a crush on her, but I always told myself it wasn't allowed so I always tried to push those feeling away.
"Do you get it now?" she said with a smirk on her face.
"Yeah I get it."
"So does this mean we are together?" I asked not knowing what any of this meant.
"Woo cowboy you have to take me on a date before you can be my boyfriend," she said laughing.
"Fine Courtney Lynn Ballas will you go on a date with me?"
"Well of course Garrett Daniel Nickelsen," she said reaching over and grabbing my hand with a smile.
From then on out she was the one that gave me butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Courtney I hope you like this. I'm sorry if there is like a million errors, my Microsoft word quit working so I had to write this on my iphone's note pad.