Status: it probably sucks, I know I haven't been on for awhile but here you go x.x

Untitled

One Shot

I’ll be the first one to say that pubs aren’t my first choice when it comes to relaxing after work. It’s difficult to drown your sorrows in alcohol when you have old drunks staring at your backside and slurring incomprehensible words that are supposed to make you want to hop in bed with them. Honestly it’s just annoying and rather deterring from the bar scene altogether, but after a particularly frustrating day I figured it’d do me a bit of good to cool off a bit at a place in London I was beginning to know far too well, The Queen’s Den. It wasn’t one of London’s more popular pubs, but it did get a fair bit of attention, which was part of the reason why I preferred going there rather than a fancy club. I’d always been a bit more subtle than the average twenty-one-year-old folk, my nose constantly in books instead of socializing with people. My mum said that she knew ever since I was born, I would be sorted into Ravenclaw when it was my turn to go to Hogwarts, and by Merlin she was right. It was probably the only thing she was ever right about.
I apparated to an alley on the side of the pub, nearly losing my balance. I’d always hated apparating and the nauseating feeling that went with it, which luckily went away quickly. I smoothed out my clothes before walking in, greeted by the sounds of cheery Celtic music and drunken laughing. I looked very out of place in my pencil skirt, floral blouse and slingbacks but I really didn’t care at that point in time. I just wanted a damn drink and some time to relax.
I walked up to the bar and found an empty stool. ‘’Corona, please,’’ I asked the bartender, taking the time to look around the room and absorb my surroundings. There were a lot of older men there, drinking by themselves. I believe one was even talking to his drink. A few women were there and even some men my age, but none that I found suitable. I was very picky when it came to who I dated, although the ginger next to me wasn’t half bad. He was sipping at what looked like rum while his identical twin brother, from the looks of it, was chatting up a pretty brunette on the other side of him. I took my beer from the bartender and tossed a tip in the jar, taking a glance at gingy again. This time his brown eyes were looking back at me, a slightly cheeky grin playing across his lips.
‘’Fred Weasley,’’ he said politely, holding out his hand for me to shake. I was taken back a bit by his voice, which was very smooth, almost like honey. Reluctantly, I took his hand.
‘’Autumn Thorn,’’ I smiled, shaking his hand before putting my hand in my lap, unsure of what to do with it. I recognized Fred, though, him and his brother.
‘’Autumn? Lovely name,’’ he replied, finishing off his rum. ‘’May I buy you another drink?’’
I looked at my half empty beer and nodded. ‘’Another Corona, thanks.’’
He smiled and got me my drink, fiddling around with his glass. ‘’Did we go to school together?’’ he asked hesitantly.
I looked at him for a minute, feeling stupid for not realizing where I recognized him from. ‘’I think we did,’’ I replied, ‘’you were in Gryffindor, right?’’
‘’Indeed I was, and you were a Ravenclaw, if I remember correctly?’’ He looked happy when I nodded. ‘’Ah, I knew it. You looked like the smart type.’’ I glared playfully at his remark. ‘’Oh don’t worry, ‘’ he laughed, ‘’I found you attractive even back then, when we had to wear those wretched uniforms.’’
I blushed at this, not entirely sure how to respond. ‘’Thank you,’’ I giggled nervously, tucking a piece of my golden hair behind my ear. ‘’I didn’t think anyone would remember me after I left Hogwarts,’’ I said honestly, ‘’I was always quiet, I didn’t terrorize the teachers like someone in this room,’’ I joked, hiding behind my beer.
Fred just laughed and nudged me. ‘’Make that two someones, right Georgie?’’ he called to his brother, who gave him a thumbs up, too engrossed in whatever it was he was doing.
‘’From what I remember, you two were so terrible, I’m honestly surprised you didn’t get expelled,’’ I smirked, blushing slightly when I realized my leg was touching his.
He returned my smirk with one of his own, ordering another rum. ‘’Is that a good thing?’’
I shrugged playfully, finishing my beer and starting on my second one. ‘’In retrospect I sort of admire your nerve and…talent, really. It takes talent to do what you did and come out unscathed. I hear you and your brother opened a joke shop?’’
‘’We did, and if I do say so myself it has become quite the success,’’ he said cheerfully, ‘’what’ve you been up to these days?’’
‘’Work at the Ministry,’’ I sighed, ‘’not nearly as interesting as running a joke shop. All I do is sort paperwork and sit cramped in a cubicle all day. Talk about drab. I needed something to get my mind off of it.’’ I raised my bottle, and he clinked his glass against mine. ‘’Cheers.’’
‘’Cheers.’’
We both took a long drink and continued on with various conversations, mostly learning stuff about each other, drinking more, talking about our families, drinking more, reminiscing about Hogwarts experiences, and drinking to the point where we were both incredibly wasted.
I was laughing at some joke that he’d told, my mind foggy beyond recognition. I do know that George had left at some point, to where I didn’t know and I didn’t care, because Fred was the object of my attention, and boy, did I want him. He was drunk too and probably wouldn’t remember half of what we’d talked about, so I found it perfectly normal and okay when he leaned over and kissed me like he wanted me too. It sent tingles all throughout my drunken body and I didn’t even think twice when I returned the kiss, tangling my fingers in his gingery locks of hair. After a few seconds of this he pulled away slightly, he cheeks flushed and his eyes filled with what I could only recognize as lust. Lust for me.
He took my hand and we stumbled out of the bar, walking down the alley that I’d arrived in and stopping just behind a dumpster. He gripped my hand tightly.
‘’We’re gonna apparated to my place now, okay?’’ he mumbled in my ear, ‘’and when we do, expect those pretty little clothes to be off faster than you could realize.’’ I blushed a burning red, smirking to myself and holding his hand tightly before the nauseating feeling of apparition consumed my body, both of us being sucked through an imaginary tube and into the abyss.

My feet landed on what felt like carpeting, and my nostrils were filled with a sweet scent, a smell I didn’t recognize. I was only able to get a quick glance at the room just outside of Fred’s when the door closed, leaving the room dim, the only light source being the windows. Fred was standing in front of me, and I think he was about to say something but I didn’t let him, kissing him full on the mouth.
For one night I wanted to be remembered. I wanted to do something so out of character, so spontaneous that I’d feel…different about myself, in a good way, perhaps. I know that obviously my main drive was that I was drunk and horny, and Fred, so handsome and charming, made me want him, but I think that subconsciously, all I really wanted was to make an impression.
He pinned me against the wall, his body pressed against mine as he kissed me hungrily, my arms tangled around his neck as I tried to keep up with the kiss. His tongue slipped past my lips and twisted around mine, trying to pin it down but I wouldn’t let him, fighting to get the kiss under my control. A few minutes of this and he started kissing down my neck, nipping and sucking on it a bit until he stopped at the base of my throat.
‘’Are you sure you want to do this?’’ He whispered, his clouded brown eyes looking up at me through the darkness.
I nodded without hesitation. ‘’Positive,’’ I whispered back.
This was answered by Fred yanking off my blouse and kissing back up my neck, gripping and massaging my breasts through my bra. I bit my lip hard to keep from making any noises, tilting my head back and gripping his hair. I pulled off his shirt and ran my hands along his toned chest, resting them on the back of his neck. His hands went to my thighs and lifted me up, letting me wrap my legs around his waist, kicking off my shoes in the process. Neither of us could be bothered with foreplay so he placed me on the bed, laying on top of me and running his hands along my thighs, every once in awhile slipping them under my skirt. My bra came off quickly and I worked fast when it came to getting his pants off. My legs stayed locked at his hips as he started grinding into me, getting my insides all stirred up.
As soon as my skirt came off I pretty much blacked out for the two hours of amazing sex we had.

I woke up the next morning and my head was pounding. I found myself tangled in a mass of white blankets, a place that I didn’t recognize at first. Deep purple walls, an old fashioned radio on the dresser and unidentifiable potion bottles lining a shelf on the wall, I figured out quickly that it was probably Fred’s room. Turning over in the oversized bed, I expected to see him sleeping or something.
I was alone.
I sat up in the bed, looking around the room for any sign of my clothes. Nothing. I gathered up the blankets and wrapped them around me, dragging them behind me to the door, which I opened slowly. I peeked out to see the living room, which looked very much like a loft with two large purple couches and a fireplace. Very cozy, but I figured I should probably just find my clothes and leave. Didn’t want to overstay my welcome.
I trekked out of the room carefully, checking the couches to see if maybe Fred decided to sleep there. Still nothing. A smell of toast cooking hit my nose, which told me someone must be home. I followed the smell to the kitchen to find a ginger buttering some toast, only it wasn’t Fred but George.
‘’Hello, Autumn, right?’’ he said politely through mouthfuls, his voice a bit deeper than his brother’s. I nodded shyly, holding the sheets to my chest.
‘’Is he home?’’ I asked quietly, trying not to disturb my headache, ‘’if not then maybe you could help me? I uh…I can’t seem to find my clothes.’’
‘’Oh!’’ he said in realization. I winced at the sound. ‘’I did laundry this morning and I think I threw your clothes in there, my bad.’’ He dug through the laundry basket that sat by the window, pulling my clothes out and handing them to me.
‘’Thank you,’’ I said gratefully, rushing off to the bathroom to change. When I came back out I made the bed with a flick of my wand, hurrying back to the kitchen.
‘’Um, I hate to bother you again, but where am I exactly?’’ I asked George, peeking my head into the kitchen.
‘’Diagon Alley,’’ he replied, ‘’above Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, the joke shop that Fred and I own.’’
‘’Ah, thank you. Is he down there, by any chance?’’ I asked nervously.
‘’I believe so. Too early for customers but I believe he said he needed to stock the shelves.’’
With that I headed downstairs, finding Fred going through boxes scattered throughout the store. I tapped him on the shoulder.
‘’Hey,’’ he smiled, kissing me on the cheek, ‘’sleep well?’’
‘’I did, thanks,’’ I blushed, twiddling my thumbs, ‘’just thought I’d say goodbye before I headed home. Last night was really wonderful.’’
He frowned a bit. ‘’You’re leaving already?’’
‘’Well yeah, I didn’t want to intrude or anything,’’ I said shyly.
‘’Not at all, in fact I was hoping you’d stay a bit longer,’’ he said, digging through a box of something called ‘’Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder’’.
‘’Oh? Why is that?’’ I inquired.
‘’I wanted to show you around the shop,’’ he smiled, taking my hand and kissing it. ‘’Do you have a bit of time?’’
‘’I’d like that, I have off today luckily,’’ I grinned, squeezing his hand gently.
And not too long after that I quit my job at the Ministry to work with Fred and George, a place where I was much happier. Fred and I began going steady and a few years later we had twin girls, Ruby and Rosie.
A wise man once said, ‘’Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times,’’ and while times for me weren’t dark, they were dull and in need of a change. My change began at the most unlikely of places; Fred Weasley, my polar opposite but in the end, my other half.