The 10 Clues To Frank's Survival

Clue 1

The rain splattered against the window like small stones falling from the sky, making it impossible to concentrate on anything especially homework. Gerard ran his fingers through his greasy jet black hair as he stared at the blank page on the computer screen, unable to type a single word for his essay that was due the next day. It was a pretty easy task if you could think correctly, but the dreary attention seeking rain kept interrupting the regular workings of his mind. That wasn't the only thing that was keeping him from his work though. He was also terribly worried about his boyfriend, Frank, the boy had not been in school today and usually Frank calls the other man after school hours to reassure him he is fine but his call never coming gave Gerard an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach. Gerard couldn't call his boyfriend's home in fear his parents would pick up and find out about their secret relationship and keep them from seeing each other and going over to the house would be even worse, yet he was on the verge of going mad and doing the thing that could set them apart for life or until Frank's eighteen.

Gerard kept his eyes on the blinking cursor on the white screen until he couldn't take the torture any longer. Possibilities of what what wrong with Frank spread like a wildfire throughout his mind. Could his parents have beaten him? Found out about their relationship? Thrown out of his home? He jumped up from his spiny chair at his long wooden desk where he had been sitting for hours and stomped down the stairs grabbing his Misfits hoodie on the rack near the front door before the 17 year old was off. He didn't bother informing his parents on his whereabouts, he just needed to check on his love that was all that matter at that moment. Gerard slid into his shiny Silver Subaru XT and slammed the door behind him, quickly turning the key in the ignition and backing out into the stormy night. He sped along the street, road after road, until he at last got to Frank's small home. Gerard parked in his usual spot, hidden behind a large tree that grew in their front yard so at first glance it didn't look like there was anything there.

The man popped out of the car and ran through the soaking rain toward his boyfriend's bedroom window on the side of the house. The lights in the room were off and he could see or hear no one through the glass with his own ears. Cautiously, he climbed the rope that hung from the edge for his special use whenever he came over. Once he had gotten up successfully, he opened the window and jumped in feet first and scanned the darkened room, the only light available coming from the street and the occasional zap of lighting that filled the sky. Everything in the tiny bedroom looked just like it had the last time he came over yesterday. clothing was strew across the floor, CDs and movies were lined up on the one long shelf on the wall, the bed unoccupied and unmade.

Gerard wondered where Frank could be, maybe he went to the bathroom? He waited in the boy's room for what seemed like hours but he never came. Again, he could be overreacting and making a big deal over nothing but it wasn't like Frank to just disappear like that and not tell him. He remembers even when he was in the emergency room he found a way to call him just to make sure his boyfriend didn't worry. After sitting there for a few more minutes he concluded Frank wasn't home and decided to leave. He jumped out the window landing on his feet from months of practice and headed for his car, still worried sick about Frank. As he approached his car he spotted a white little paper glued to his windshield with the rain and carefully removed it so it wouldn't rip, amazingly the handwriting was still legible,

Gerard,
I have your little boyfriend Frank, want him to live? Come find him if he;s really worth your time. There will be 10 clues leading you around the city that will eventually lead you to him. The first clue is: What is Frank's favorite band? You have 24 hours, the timer is set. Have fun!

His jaw dropped and his heart stopped, the whole world around him was spinning. Who the fuck would do this to his poor little Frankie? This dude was sick. He didn't have time to think long about it though,or about anything for that matter. As fast as the lighting in the sky he jumped into his car and headed to where he assumed the second clue was.

Frank LOVED the Misfits, he saved up for all of their merch and records and was always blasting them in his room. Gerard remembered for Frank's birthday he got the boy Misfits tickets and he was so excited he was bouncing off the walls kissing Gerard to death and would not shut up about it even when the concert was months away. When the day finally came, Frank couldn't stop smiling he looked like the happiest boy in the world as he sung along to every song as loud as his vocal chords could manage, he never wanted that smile to fade from his face.

Gerard needed to get to Lodi, New Jersey where the band had formed.

The clock was ticking.

He wasn't going to let Frank die, not on his watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy the first chapter of this, as I said updates will be slow for now.

Okay, So I might end up making this more than 10 chapters, not a lot more maybe 5 or 6 more than expected (that's a lot more in story world Lauren) Fuck it, the chapter amount doesn't matter.

Oh and please leave a comment answering this, should I make a few chapters where it's looking in on Frank or should I save his appearance until the end?