Status: its my first fanfic so sorry for the shit-ness! updates may be slow because of college, sorry :c

The Dilemma

This contagious chemistry is killing me.

Max and I made the journey away from the tour buses and the field next to them in an awkward silence. My head was too busy overflowing with unanswered questions and strange emotions for me to talk. I wondered what thoughts were going through Max's mind, and if he was thinking about the same shit I was. If this kept up, I'd be too distracted whilst onstage later! Oh fuck. Later. Headlining the first day of the Warped Tour 2012. This was one of our biggest shows yet and here's me who can't even think straight anymore. We needed to find the rest of the guys soon if I had any chance of relaxing.

"Hurry up bro, we need to find the guys and sort out the setlist for tonight!" I turned to Max to find him staring at his feet. "Max? Max. MAX!"

"Wh-what!?" He looked up, eyes wide with panic which then turned to embarrassment when he realised he had been caught zoning out. "I'm so sorry dude, what did ya say?"

"I said we need to hurry to find the guys. We have to decide on a setlist for tonight."

"Oh right. Yeah, tonight. Setlist." He frowned and looked distracted.

Fuck me, I'm not the only one who's gonna have trouble concentrating tonight. At least I thought I was doing a better job at hiding my feelings right now. I snapped my fingers in Max's face.
"Max! Jesus fucking Christ dude!"

"Sorry, sorry! Yes, we'll go find the guys now!" He rushed off, leaving me shaking my head. There was definitely something going on with him, and I could bet my life that it had something to do with whatever was going on between us.

*

"There you are! Jeez we thought you guys had got lost or some shit like that" Chris seemed slightly panicky when Max and I found them in one of the many outside bars that were set up behind the huge stages surrounding the Tour site. Hidden from the view of where the fans would soon be, band members from nearly every band you could think of were arriving, the openers getting ready for their soundcheck before the gates were opened and the fuckload of people were let in.

"Yeah, or maybe you two were too busy boning each other up the arse to realise the time!" Dan winked and Chris and Matt burst out laughing at his remark.

I froze. Did they know anything?! I was pretty sure I had never given off any hints around the guys. I took a sneaky look at Max. His face had gone bright red and he was staring at his shoes, kicking the ground.

My eyes widened for a split second as more thoughts erupted in my mind. Does Max feel the same?! Noo, he's never showed any interest in guys. Neither have I though?! Oh shittttt. Oh Jesus. Do we both like the other? We must do, he would have laughed it off if it was any other guy.

My insides turned to jelly as my mind registered what I had just thought. There was no other explanation for it! Whatever had happened between me and Max outside on the field wasn't just a joke or him taking the piss. There was a strange connection between us, and that meant only one thing; Max and I had feelings for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
So chapter 3, hope you enjoy! College starts in 4 days, so I'm really sorry if updates become slower.. :c