Sequel: Smile for Me
Status: Finished :)

Give Me a Smile

History

He did. We stopped at an apartment that was slightly nicer than the last one, but that’s not saying much. At least it had a bedroom. Joker left his suitcase on the bed and spun around, smiling. “Look at this, Quinnie. We’ve upgraded.”

I grinned and nodded. “I gotta get some stuff, but I’ll be back.” He said, leaving quickly. He didn’t bother handcuffing me, and when I checked, the door wasn’t locked. Freedom was waiting right there for me. I stood there trying to decide with my hand shaking on the door knob.

Then I sighed and let go of the door so I could sit on the couch. It was too late now. I couldn’t leave him. I didn’t want to leave him. Joker had changed me so that I was his, body and soul. I scared me even more than Scarecrow, that I had come to need him.

I’d never cared that much about anyone to even like them, really, and here was this guy, this kidnapper, that I would do anything for. He enchanted me. I was lost in my thoughts when he came back. He was swinging a plastic bag full of necessities.

Joker didn’t mention that I could have escaped, but there was a slight smirk on his face. “Got stuff,” he told me, dumping out the bag. There was another horror novel in it. He sprawled himself out on the couch, one leg jittering restlessly. “Gonna watch TV,” he said. I curled up to watch with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Similarly in abusive relationships, if the woman has a history of abuse by father, stepfather, or former husbands and healing did not occur, she is likely to be attracted to abusive men. As long as she associates love with violence she will not be attracted to non-abusive men.