Sequel: Smile for Me
Status: Finished :)

Give Me a Smile

Hello There!

The Joker skipped through all my classmates to crouch in front of me, chuckling softly. “Look, look at you! Aren’t you just the most beautiful, broken thing I’ve ever seen! Lovely scars, lovely, I’m jealous! Haha!”

He ran gloved fingers across my lips, then threw his head back and cackled. “Hey! Hey! I’ll, ha!, show you mine since you showed me yours.” He tapped the knife on his scars and grinned at me. I was so scared I thought I might vomit.

Up close The Joker was younger than I thought, the makeup cracking at the corners of his eyes. He smelled like smoke. He kept talking, running fingers along my scars the whole time. “What’s your NAME?”

I opened my mouth, trying to force the words out. “Q-Quinn.” The Joker thrust his face near mine, so close our noses bumped. “Hoo boy! Nice to meet you, Quinn. I’m, haha, JOKER. Maybe you’ve, eh, heard of me?” I nodded, feeling even sicker. The scent of blood was starting to fill the room.

He jumped up and grabbed my arm, making me stand with him. “Sorry to end the show so early, but I’ve got better things to, ha, do now.” The Joker tossed a playing card into the room and strode from the door. “Tell that....night rodent I say hello!”

The hallway was quiet, the only noises our footsteps and his occasional cackle. “But, please....” I couldn’t get the words out before he stopped me. “No buts! I would hate to, aha!, have to add more scars to a face like that!” I shut up quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope I got his way of speaking right :)