Sequel: Smile for Me
Status: Finished :)

Give Me a Smile

Clay

When we got back home someone was waiting for us. He’d gotten into the house and was sitting on the table, tapping his fingers against the wood. The guy was small and skinny with dark hair. He wore a trench coat.
Joker tensed, hand going to his pocket. The man smiled and hopped up. “Joker! You’re finally here. I’ve been waiting for such a long time.” Joker relaxed and ushered me upstairs. “It’s alright, Quinn. He’s a friend.” He turned to the guy.
“So, Clay, what brings you here?” “You released me, eh? I came here to thank you.” “Sure you did. Just remember you owe me. I’m gonna need you soon. You can’t stay disguised forever.” Clay laughed and...melted, is the only way I can describe it. His skin bubbled and dripped off, and he grew to at least seven feet.
In a matter of seconds the pleasant young man had turned into a monster. Joker didn’t seem to mind, though, so I tried to compose myself. “I won’t be disguised at all,” Clay rumbled, spitting mud onto the floor. “Quinn, this is Clayface. Clayface, Quinn,” Joker said, dumping himself onto a chair.

“Quinn? Eh? Never heard of you. What’re you doing with a girl, Joker? How’d you get one to be with you?” Joker chuckled and patted my head. There was still blood on his hands, but I gulped and tried to ignore it. “You’ve been in Arkham for a long time, huh? Had her for a few months now. Kidnapped her.” They laughed together.
“Now, tell me the real reason you’re here, Clay.” He shrugged sloppily. “Figured out where you live. Thought I might have a visit, ask what you wanted me for.” “Figured out where I live?” Joker turned to me. “Quinn. Get the suitcase. We’re moving again.” I grabbed the suitcase and returned to his side, careful not to touch Clayface.
“Anyway, Clay, I don’t need you right now. When I do, I’ll find you. Until then...” Clayface smiled and melted again, right through the floorboards. I could hear him oozing away. Joker grabbed my shoulder and led me from the attic.

We stopped at a dingy apartment. Joker tossed the suitcase aside and sprawled on the couch. I sat beside him. It had been a long day and a lot of walking. The room, of course, already had a TV. It seemed he was addicted to watching the news, even when he wasn’t on it. I curled farther into his side, feeling brave.

I had been thinking a lot, lately. Mostly about what Poison Ivy had said when I was eavesdropping-‘Why haven’t you fucked her yet?’ Weird thing to think about, but I had been wondering. And wanting.
“Joker. Why haven’t you fucked me yet?” He raised an eyebrow and looked down at me. “Would you like me to?” “Sure.” “Alright.” He rolled over on top of me and laughed the whole time. Fuckin’ A.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Harley slowly rises out of an oversized cream pie]
Harley Quinn: [singing] Happy anniversary, Mr. J / You're really swell and okay / It's seven years to the day-hey / Take the night off, let's play...
[the Joker watches, gobsmacked]
The Joker: Harley...
Harley Quinn: Wanna try some of my pie?
The Joker: Harley.
Harley Quinn: I'm sure you'll want seconds.