Sequel: Smile for Me
Status: Finished :)

Give Me a Smile

Questions

The Joker led me through tunnel after alley after sewer, until I was panting. His grip never loosened from my wrist. I’m not a small girl, at about 5’5 and 130 pounds, but I had a feeling The Joker could easily lift me or push me over.

He muttered to himself the whole time, letting out a soft laugh at whatever he found funny. I knew I was in trouble, but tears and shaking hadn’t come yet. I just felt numb.

The Joker stopped so suddenly that I bumped into him, making us both stumble forward. I jumped away, but he backhanded me across the face so hard I felt my neck crack. He stared at me for a moment, something even stranger than usual in his eyes.

“Why so serious?” He demanded suddenly, making me jump. “What?” “Give me a smile, let me see those SCARS stretch!” He cackled again, then picked me up and held me against the wall, a knife to my throat.

“SMILE for me, girl!” he growled. I did, feeling tears fall down my face as I did so. The weight of him against me made it hard to breathe, and the knife was cutting into my skin. He looked at me smile and calmed down again.

“Aw, now you’re crying? Not funny at all, is it?” he asked, leaning forward to lick a tear from my scars. I froze and tried to send my mind off to a different place, any place. I’m very good at that. The Joker set me down though, slipping the knife away and grabbing my wrist again.

“Hoo boy! Well, that was fun, but we have, ha, places to be, people to mutilate!” He set off at a faster pace and dragged me along, laughing hysterically whenever I tripped.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Joker: Well, hello, beautiful. You must be Harvey's squeeze. And you *are* beautiful. [he walks around her] The Joker: Oh, you look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got 'em?