Sequel: Smile for Me
Status: Finished :)

Give Me a Smile

Be Afraid

I had a nightmare that night. It was kind of to be expected, considering my situation. But it wasn’t Joker I dreamed about. It was Scarecrow, and the faces of people around me as they all lost their minds. I woke up to The Joker’s cackling.

He was leaning over the edge of the bed, laughing at me. “You, ah, you’re entertaining when you, ha, DREAM!” Then his expression darkened. “But you woke me up, so....” He produced a knife out of nowhere. “Give me your arm.”

I wanted to run away, heart pounding as he watched me with glittering eyes. “Please...” I begged. “Aw, Quinn, I’m only doing this to protect you,” he promised softly, giving me a smile that was almost normal. “But....”

“If you, uh, annoy me too much, what if I snap? I don’t, ha, want to kill something like you.” He kept his hand on my face, and I didn’t even notice him take my wrist until he let out a loud cackle that made me jump. I couldn’t get away after that.

The Joker rolled on top of me and stopped my kicking. “Let’s see...oh, I could’ve slept about...six more hours. Stay still, Quinn!” I closed my eyes and let myself off into my head. I almost didn’t feel the six cuts, until he licked a tear off my face again. “Ah, Quinn. Your, ha, tears are the best.” The Joker climbed off me and started getting ready for his day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. I'm using quotes from the Nolan movie. They work so well though..... The Joker: Are you the real Batman? Brian: No. The Joker: No? Then why do you dress like him? Brian: He's a symbol... that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you. The Joker: Yeah, you do, Brian. You *really* do!