Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Switching Roles

Rosalie was right about the teacher. He was total putty in her able hands, and he was a pervert too. He kept on touching girls shoulders and leaning too close to them. He was immediately taken by my eyes. He said that he found them fascinating.
' "But theses bruises!," ' he had said holding my chin and putting his face close to mine, ' "Now who would mess up that pretty face. Come to me if you have any problems sweety," '

The sick thing was that he was married. Disgusting man. Using naive teenagers to fulfill his twisted wants. Honestly, what a world we live in.

"Class dismissed," Mr. Odin said over the bell. The desk were already shuffling. There was a chatter going on which I picked up my name, Rosalie's and Lauren. I was right with what I said about the winner. Rosalie did indeed win a higher place in the hierarchy. I heard comment that I would have never heard on a normal day here.

"Man, I just heard how Rosalie handled Lauren,"
"Me too! A friend just tweeted me,"
"Same here. That fight was all over Twitter. Damn Rosalie's badass,"
"Serves Lauren right, trying to come on to Emmet,"
"Wasn't it that Lauren was beating him up,"
"Are you retarded?! Look at Emmet and look at that stick Lauren,"
"Then who was Lauren beating up?"
"See that girl over there? The one with the eyes,"
"Yeah,"
"Her, name's Gwendelyn Bright"
"But why would Rosalie protect someone like her?"
" 'Cause Rosalie is kick-ass and kind,"

"You going to the Halloween party?"
"At the Cullen?"
"Where else?"
"Only if Rosalie is there,"
"Yeah, she would make it a rocking party!"

"I'm so eating lunch with the Cullens tomorrow,"
"Yeah! Me too!"
"Don't forget me!"

"Liars and hypocrites," I thought aloud. I was still in awe as to how quick news moves at this place.

"Wait!" Mr Odin said grabbing my hand before I could make it out the door.
"Excuse me sir, I have a class," I said as graciously as I could mange. My head ache was kicking in a bit earlier that expected and it was making me irritable. Add that to the fact that the guy was a creep.
"Well Gwendelyn, this is a matter of your education," He said not releasing my hand.
"How so?" I said.
"Well, even though you just missed a month out of the school year, and the first month when things are kinda slow, you still missed a good amount of important notes and you'd have a missing grade seeing as the class did do a graded classwork," He said caressing my hand.
"What are you suggesting?" I said coldly and removing my hand from his.
"I was thinking that after school today or tomorrow, you could come to my office, get the notes and if you're confident enough, you can do the test there too," He smiled smug.

"Um, I can give you the note, if you want," a small voice said.
"Mary," I turned around to face her.
"I'll give her the notes sir, so it's fine," Mary looked down on her fingers, "And I heard that your other classes didn't have that classwork, so I think her grades will be fine,"
"You should stay out of things that doesn't concern you," Mr. Odin scowled.
"If she wants," Mary said in a small voice.
"And who are you to know what she wants?" He spat at her.
"I? I'm no one," Mary looked down letting her carroty hair cover her sallow face.
"Don't say that," I said semi-smiling, "Or are you denying our friendship?"
"Friendship?" She echoed, trying not to sound hopeful.
"That's right, you're my friend," I said to her. She smiled a bright smile that brought a little colour to her sunken cheeks.

"And what would you know what I want," I said turning to the teacher, "I didn't want to come to your office alone in the first place. Are you stupid? I don't trust you so why would I do something like that so soon after my arrival here? Foolish man, do you know how strange that would look and how suspicious that would seem on your part? More importantly, if something like that were to turn into a rumour and circulate the school, my pride would be in jeopardy. That would be unforgivable! As for the grade, I don't care if you give me zero, I'll make up for it later. Just never put me in a position where I have to see your disgusting face other than in class."

His mouth fell open and he made an incredulous laugh. I could feel Mary's unbelieving stare piercing in my back.
"How the hell did a friend of the Cullens, make friend of Mousy little Mary?" He smiled, "I just can't figure that out."
"Because you lack the intelligence to," I glared at him, "You made me late."
"Let's go," I said to Mary, in a much kinder voice. Her arms were still full of bruises but I noticed some pink stripes on her wrist. They were the same as my beautiful pink stripe, although, these seemed to lack class, style, grace and it was not as lovely as mine.
"Yeah," she nodded as we both walked through the door.

"Thank you for getting me out of that," I smiled at her.
"S-sure," She stuttered, "Did you really mean what you said back then?"
"About?"
"About us being friends. Why would you want to be friends with someone like me?" sh asked in a down voice.
"Why wouldn't I?" I said, "I hope we can be good friends, Mary."
"Thank you!" she hugged me from behind almost throwing us both to the ground. She nestled her chin on my shoulder and leaned her head on my neck.

"Thank you so much," she teared up and her nose was starting to run.
"There, there," I patted her head, "you'll cause a scene,"
"Sorry," she jumped back and wiped her tears, "Was I too forward? Did I scare you? I did didn't I? I'm sorry."
"It's fine," I held her hand, "I have a friend like that."
"Alice Cullen?" she asked.
"Yes,"
"I - um- kinda saw how she hugged you yesterday. I was watching you since I heard that you picked up for me," she explained hesitantly, "You see, I've wanted to be your friend, so when I found out we had a lot of classes together, I was really happy. And then you said that you want to be my friend too..."

Mary broke into more soft sobs. I tried to keep her walking as she cried and calmed her as we moved. She was a sweet girl, I could sense her pain and her scars, both physical and emotional, were evident to anyone who had a heart. Her soul was very kind and gentle, I could tell. Seeing her happy like this made me feel calm. Like a burden was lifted. She seemed like an old friend from a dream in a happier past that was long forgotten in the flow of time.

"What class do you have now?" I asked when she was a little calmer.
"History, with Evangeline," Mary sniffed as she wiped away the last of her tears.
"I have that class now too, but," I said.
"But what, Gwendelyn?" she asked.
"Surely you mean Miss Glenn," I said.
"No, she's on first name bases with all her students . She's one of the guidance counselors here," Mary said, "And the other is Mr. Odin."
"That man?!" I exclaimed.
"I know, it's gross," Mary laughed.
"He ought to be arrested," I scoffed.
Mary giggled.
"Come on, a girls' bathroom isn't far from the classroom, your face is a mess!" I joked.
"You should talk, look at all those bruises!" She teased.

*****************

She was lying. The bruises have gotten better. The one on my chin was gone completely as with the one on my forehead. The big one on my left cheek was shrunken considerable and my swollen lip was not noticeable although it was still crimson.

"Will you still give me the chem notes, or was that a bluff?" I asked.
"You can get them if you want them," Mary splashed her face with water.
"I do. And do you think you could come over my house today with them? Alice is bring her French notes too today so I figure it'll be easier," I said.
"Oh no, I couldn't do that! I mean, you and Alice planned this, I don't want to be a third wheel," She said slightly flustered.
"It's fine, no worries at all," I reassured her.
"I'll have to tell my dad though," she said, "But I can't believe it though. You barely know me and you're inviting me to your house already?"
"Déjà vu," I whispered to myself, "the roles have switched though."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wanted to post something so I took a chapter and split it in two. This is what I like to call a 'Filler Chapter' not really needed in the story but it helps build it up. Hope you liked it.
xoxo Kanon - sama n_n