Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Kisa

"And the Russian Revolutions were in what years, Gwen?" she asked turning to me.
"1905 and 1917" I answered.
"Awesome," Evangeline pointed at me.

Evangeline was our history teacher. In this class everyone called her by first name. She did the same with us which was unlike my other teachers who referred to me as Miss Bright. I let her call me Gwen because, hell, no one seems to like my full name. Evangeline had a cool aura. She wasn't peppy but more of a realist. I like that about her. She seemed refreshingly genuine. This school sucks, but people like her makes it suck less.

"And who was the current Czar at the time, Mary?" Evangeline continued.
"Nicholas the second," Mary said it more like a question.
"Nice," Evangeline smiled which made Mary smile too.
"Ruling dynasty at the the time, Jessica?" Evangeline turned to her.

Jessica who had been to busy flirting with Mike who sat beside her continued to babble away. Mike, noticing that Evangeline was speaking to Jessica, turned his head away to act as if he wasn't having a conversation with her. This, of course, made Jessica speak more rapidly and loudly.

"Jess! Jess! JESSICA!" Evangeline tried to get her attention.
"Hnm?" Jessica came to.
"Dynasty?" Evangeline asked.
"China?" Jessica said not really understanding what was going on.
"C'mon Jessica, books not boys!" Evangeline gave her an exasperated look, "You've got your whole life ahead of you for that but high-school is now."

The bell rang.

"Okay guys, class dismissed. Remember your reading assignment on page 119," Evangeline dismissed us.

"See ya Ev," a lot of students said while passing her on the way out of class. The openness was refreshing and new to me.

"Bye Ev," Mary said waving with me at her heels.
"Mary, Gwen wait," Evangeline stopped us.

She was a pretty lady with brown skin and ebony hair in a long pony tail. Her eyes were a cool chestnut and her nose was straight. Her full lips were bare with the exception of a light pink lip-stain that almost seemed like her natural shade.

I like her style. It was simple like mine. No make up except her lip stain and a touch of eye-liner. A simple crucifix around her neck. Navy work pants, a light blue button down shirt and flats.

I went a bit more extravagant than yesterday today. I wore a black, cotton blouse that hugged my body and had short sleeves, a pair of red hipster jeans and low, red sandal wedges with ankle straps. For the life of me I hated these shoes, but all day yesterday I was being mistaken for a boy. Looking back at it, my attire was rather masculine.

"Yeah," Mary said.
"I just wanted to introduce myself properly to Gwen here," Evangeline smiled.
"Gwendelyn Bright," I said.
"Evangeline Glenn," she smiled as she shook my hand, "But call me Ev, all the students call me that."
"She's my friend," Mary beamed, unable to hold it in any longer.
"That's very good Mary!" Ev smiled, "Have you been managing well?"
"I'm fine," Mary said.

"If I may ask you Gwen, where did you get that bruise on your cheek?" Ev asked
"That's new," I muttered.
"Excuse me?" she said.
"I'm used to people asking me about my eyes, that's why," I replied.

"Well, I actually had a friend whose eyes where the exact shade as yours. She worked at the local super-market in the small town that I grew up in. Everyone avoided her because she was strange. But I liked her. She wasn't in town for very long and I was young so I don't really recall her name. I just remember that it was very pretty. Just like her eyes. Since then I searched it up. Alexandria's Genesis, right?" she explained.

"Yes," I said.
"well then be off with you! I don't want to make you later than you already are!" Ev smiled.
"Right," Mary and I nodded.
"I'm also the guidance counselor here," Ev called out to me, "so if you have any problems, I'm here!"
"Thanks!" I said back from the hall.

"Physics," I said hopefully to Mary.
"Calculus," Mary groaned.
"Ah, so close," I sighed, "So I'll see you later today?"
"Yeah, I'll try my very best," she smiled. Sweet girl.
"See you," I waved.
"See you," she said going in the opposite direction as me.

Now, time to deal with my head-ache.

*************************

I didn't see her until the end of the day. Alice was waiting beside me in the school parking lot and I was on the phone talking to my sister.

"Sorry, I won't be over today," I said to her.
"Are you going somewhere?" Nandaleah asked.
"No, I'm having some friends over," I replied.
"Friends? As in the plural? Thank goodness. I'm glad that you have more friends," I could hear the smile in her voice.
"Well, if you need me to come over there, I'll rush straight over," I assured her.
"Don't worry about me, I'm fine. So, who are your friends?"
"Alice, Carlisle's daughter, and a girl named Mary Cattle, we have a lot of classes together,"
"Oh, I see. It's nice to know that you're getting along with others more,"

Alice held out her hand with a smile.
"Hold on, Alice wants to talk to you," I said to Nandaleah.
"Okay," I barely heard Nandaleah say as the Blackberry left my ear.
"Hi, its Alice. Can I say it's such an HONOUR to speak to Gwen's exclusive little sister that she idolizes so much?" Alice gave me a teasing look and I heard Nandaleah laugh over the phone.
I stuck my tongue out at Alice and she giggled girlishly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" a voice called out to me.
"Mary," I said, "who did that to you?"

She had a black eye and her lip was swollen and split. The crimson was almost the same colour as mine before it healed. Her arms had bruises, I knew some were not from yesterday because these were purple.

"Oh, I fell," she said.
"You're lying, Mary," I said, "a fall couldn't give you a black eye. I suppose you ran into someone's fist as you fell too?"
"I-um I-I," Mary stammered.
"Who?" I urged her.
"Was it Lauren?" Alice asked covering the receiver, but with my sister's advanced ears, Nandaleah picked it the words anyways.
"No, not you sweetie. Here, talk to Gwen," Alice handed me the phone. Alice walked closer to Mary who had tears streaming down her face. I stepped away from them. She would probably be more comfortable speaking with Alice instead of me. The natural hostility I have was scary, especially when someone denies me of something I want to know.

"What happened?" Nandaleah asked.
"It's nothing you need worry about," I replied.
"Who's Lauren?" she continued.
"A girl here, she's a bitc - um - a bully," I didn't want here to learn to use such bad words so I often edited many of the thing she heard and listened to.
"Don't go picking fights with this Lauren girl, okay? I don't want you to get in trouble," she said.
"Lauren isn't even worth my time," I chuckled.

"Not worth your time, eh?" I heard a voice say. It was Lauren.
"I have to go," I said to Nandaleah. She picked up the sudden change in my voice.
"What is it? Who is that?" Nanadaleah asked, anxious.
"It's fine. I'll see you soon. I love you," I said calmly.
"I love you too, Sister," Nanadaleah said.
"Bye bye," I hung up.

" 'It's fine. I'll see you soon. I love you,' " Lauren mimicked my voice, "who was that, your boyfriend?"
"As if she could get one!" Jessica snorted.
"Like you should talk, last time I checked, your little crush was interested in me," I smiled cockily.
Jessica took a step back and had a hard time forming a poker face as the tears welled up in her eyes and she puffed out her cheeks.

Low blow. I know that was kinda bitchy of me, but remember that head-ache I mentioned earlier? Yeah, that's setting in pretty well now.

"You dirty little," Jessica started getting angry now, "I HATE YOU!"
"Are you so special for me to care? I think not," I said.
"Quit crying," Lauren scoffed at Jessica, "It's not like it's your fault he's fallen for this queer,"
"You have a funny way of caring for your friend," I smirked at Lauren, "Well that is, if you had a heart to care for someone."
"Bitch, get outta my face!" Lauren screamed at me.
"Like I said, not worth my time," I scoffed and turned to walk away.

"Get back here!" Lauren walked after me, "I'm not done talking to you!"
"I'm I that interesting?" I said.
"You think your so cute, huh?" She threw her fist at me which I dodged. I turned to slap her in the face then held myself back, remembering my promise to my sister.
"Scared to do it?" Lauren looked at me.
"Don't look down on me," I said, "I just think it's probably a sin to make your face any uglier than it already is."
"Why you...!" she growled, "Speaking of faces, how the fuck is your face all better?"
"I'm a demon," I said seriously, even though I was joking. Funny, because I saw that Lauren half-believed it.
"Don't lie to me," She said nervously as she took a step back.
"It's not a lie, leave me be, if not, I'll send my army of hell-hounds after your family," I walked away to my jag, not bothering to see how serious Lauren took that comment.

"I'm back," I said to Alice and Mary.
"Let's go!" Mary smiled. She was feeling better, but the tear stains were more that obviously.
"You okay?" Alice whispered close to me.
"You saw what just happened?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said
"I'm fine, what about Mary?" I whispered.
"Looks like Lauren sent some of her exes after her,"
"Damn that slut," I said more to myself, "Do you think it's because of my new found friendship with her?"
"Hate to say it, but probably true,"
"Well, damn it all to hell, looks like I'm messing up more than my life here," I sighed.

"What's with all the whispering you two?" Mary smiled merrily, "I call shot-gun!"
"Not on your life!" Alice ran cheerily to my Jag.
"You two are such children," I smiled and hid it by shaking my head

*******************

"So cool!" Mary said as she jumped out of the car, "You live here?"
"Yeah," I said, rubbing my head. I just prayed to God I stocked up on aspirin.
"It's like a scene from a Disney movie!" Mary squealed, running up to the front door.
"You know, I live near here," Alice said, keeping my slow pace with me. Mary at the door couldn't hear us. "I live deeper in the forest, past the lake,"
"Right, next thing I find out about you is that you and your entire family are fairies," I said half-serious, "You all are pretty and mysterious enough to pass for creatures like that."
"No, not fairies," Alice said cryptically, "But maybe you can visit us sometime,"
"Sure thing,"

"Um, Gwen," Mary said, "I thought you lived alone,"
"Ah, Christ," I sighed, "I didn't think she'd come again"
"Who?" Alice asked as the door bust open almost sending Mary to the floor.

"Oh Gwendelyn, it's just you and your friends," Annette said breathlessly with a knife in her hand, (WTF -__-') "I heard voices outside so I came running. You scared me,"
"Annette Piper, why are you here?" I said.
"I was cooking dinner for you, but I didn't know you'd have FRIENDS!" She beamed.
"Is there something so peculiar in me having friends?" I narrowed my eyes at her.
"It's a MIRACLE!" she squealed then ran over and hugged me so tight, I saw my soul leave my body.
"Let go of me!" I managed to say while gasping for air.

"Oh, I'm being rude," Annette released her death-grip on me and dust of herself, "Hi, I'm Annette Piper! Gwendelyn aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"
"You didn't give me a chance! I mean, you did run out here with a knife then tackled me with that far too tight hug of yours!" I yelled at her, the headache speaking more than my common sense.
"Well, what was I suppose to do? I heard voices and I was scared!" She said taking the role of a damsel in distress, "I think I was very brave to have tried to protect myself and YOUR house from thieves or something."
"That wasn't brave that was just plain stupid! First of all, look through the goddamn window! Then if it was thieves, call the frigging police, don't come busting through the door with a knife! And what if they had guns, your little knife would look hella cute to their pistols! And who the hell would think of a house being on the edge of the forest!" I growled, "Admit it, you knew it had to be more and you just wanted to look brave! Guess what? didn't work, you just made yourself look like a fool!"

She stared at me with steely eyes and I looked at her in disgust. The tension was thick in the air.

"You shouldn't really talk to your mum like that," Mary said in a small voice.
"She is not my mother," I hissed, still looking on Annette.
"Sorry, your nanny then?" Mary still asked.
"NO," Annette glared at Mary.
"She's my Assanum," I spat.
"Oh me, oh my!" Annette skipped over to Mary when she noticed her black eye and split lip, "Who did this to you?"
"Um- someone at school," Mary said shyly as Annette stared at her far too much.
"Was it Gwendelyn?" Annette whispered loudly.
Alice who was silent gave Annette a side glace with an unbelieving face, as if to wonder if someone could be so dunce.
"N-no!" Mary said taking a step closer to the door.
"You don't have to be afraid! Gwendelyn may act tough on the out-side, but she's really a little marshmallow!" Annette said in a little sing-song voice, "What's your name sweetie?"
"Mary Cattle," Mary.

"And yours?" she said turning to Alice.
"Alice Cullen," Alice said.
"Well aren't you girls just the prettiest things that ever walked the face of the earth!" Annette beamed, a total 180 from before.
"Thank you," Alice and Mary said politely.
"You girls could teach Gwendelyn a thing or two about being a girl!" Annette laughed, "I mean, she's a pretty girl but she need to learn how to dress like a girl. And pink, pink, pink! All she wears is black, black, red!"
"You little, that's the last time I try to dress nice!" I grumbled to myself, walking to the door.

I was greeting by the smell of something burning.
"Ah! My pie!" Annette ran in knocking me flat on my face then not even stopping to apologize.
"She did that on purpose," Alice said and she and Mary help me up.
"Thanks," I said, "Just put your stuff on the couch."

"Well my pie is not burnt, you girls can have that for dinner," Annette came in and started undressing. (she was wearing an old shirt and worn out skirt, probably because she was cooking, contrary to her sophisticated work suit she was supposed to be wearing)

"Gwendelyn, I lost weight didn't I?" Annette said hopefully when she was took off her shirt.
"Yes, Annette," I rolled my eyes.
"Yippee!" She did a nose crinkling smile.
"But your not fat at all," Mary said.
"Oh you think so!" Annette said breathless, "You're so sweet, I could just put you in an apple tart!"
"Um, thanks," Mary said.

An it was true. She wasn't fat. Annette has been bitching about her weight since she gave birth last month. This thing is, she was skinner that a good about of girls at school. She wasn't fat, she was just curvy and had abnormally big boobs and a fat ass that would put Nicki Minaj to shame.

She was pretty. I could never tell her height because she practically lived in her high-heels. She had a handsome face, but it was a shame that she hide it with a much too heavy amount of bright eyeshadow and blush so many times she looked like a clown.

Her hair was a nice golden brown colour, but I just wished she would stop putting so much gel and hair spay in it. I swear it looked like a can a day for her. And she always has this ridiculously high bun.

"Well, see you girls!" Annette giggled as she skipped out of the house and when into her RAV 4 2006.

"Pie for dinner?" Alice asked.
"It's probably one of her vomit inducing kidney pies," I scoffed. And yeah, I was right.
"Don't worry guys, I'll order us a pizza," I sighed. Oh God, please let there be aspirin
"We can't exactly let this food go to waste though," Mary said.
"Don't worry about it," I dialed Domino's because I don't ship Pizza Hut.

**********************

For a while I did manage to get a good amount of studying done. It was Wednesday, so the day felt long. I had written off the French and Chemistry notes and I was going over the Chemistry one last time.

Alice and Mary were watching some crap reality show on MTV. Mary was guzzling down her second glass of Pepsi when I slammed the book down on the coffee table.

"Giving up?" Alice smirked.
"I have enough memorized," I sighed and plopped down on the soft, white, plush carpet between the two.
"What show is that?" I asked.
"16 and pregnant," Mary said.
"What the hell?" I replied, "Who in their right mind would make a show about that?"
"The girls get really famous," Mary shrugged.
"I don't care how famous they are, if they're sixteen and pregnant, they're slut," I crossed my arms.
"People make mistakes," Mary tried to reason.
"No, people are stupid," I said

"Enough of the hate!" Alice said, smiling and running bare-foot to my stereo-system, "Let's see what music Gwen has!"
"Alice wait!" I called out to her, "I think the music might be too lou-!"
Too late.
'Na Na Na' by My Chemical Romance was already causing noise pollution, well not for me.

I was more worried about Mary and Alice's reaction to my music. Although the album, Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, is My Chem's more 'colourful' album, I guess a girl my age would be more listening to Beyonce, Bieber, Katy Perry and others. I wasn't a hater of these people, but I was just interested in a different genre. Rock and roll, punk pop, alternative, Gothic alternative and at times, a touch of screamo, those are me.

I will also like the more 'older' music. I'm a fan of the Beatles, Abba, Madonna and a few others.

To my great surprise though, Alice stared singing along.

"Na na na na na na na na," Alice sang.
"You know MCR?" I smiled shocked.
"In the Army," Alice danced to the sweet sound of My Chemical Romance.
"Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs," I sang walking toward Alice.
"I don't need it!" She sang along, "But I'll sell what you got take the cash and I'll keep it."

Alice Cullen = NOT HUMAN.

"Um, who - who are these guys?" Mary asked, a little awkwardly.
"My Chemical Romance," I said.
"Well, do you have any, Bieber?" She asked.
"Nope,"
"Rihanna?"
"Uh-uh,"
"Alicia Keys?"
"Oh damn, I'd really had to search long and hard for her,"
"Cody Simpson?"
"Who?"
"Okay then, Miley Cyrus?"
"I am disappointed in you,"
"What about Evanescence?"
"Ah, common ground," I smiled, "Alice, put on some Evanescence!"

"Shut up and sing it with me!" Alice sang. It was a part of the song, yet somehow I felt that it was directed at me.
"Alice!" I shouted.
No reply.
"I know damn well she hears me," I muttered to myself.
"Standing in, a 'V' formation!" she sang closing her eyes.
"Ha," I said taking out the C.D.
"Gwen, I was getting to the best part!" She whined.
"Yes, yes," I nodded, putting in a personal mix that I like to call 'Soft Tunes.' It had my more calmer piano-y music. The first song was Missing by Evanescence.
"Oh, it's Evanescence!" Alice waved her hand, "Why did you tell me earlier?"
"You like Evanescence too?" Mary and I asked.
"Oh sure," Alice said, matter of factly, "Evanescence, Muse, MCR, BVB, Panic! At the Disco. Emmet, Rose and I love those bands."

Ah, I have found my people.

"Well I don't know who most of these people are," Mary said sheepishly, "But I like Evanescence and I've heard of Muse."
"Well, you probably wouldn't like them anyways. They don't seem like your style," I said.
"Got that right," Mary smiled.

"Alice, what's wrong?" Mary asked concerned.
"Huh?" I turned to Alice, who had stopped singing and stared gravely at the door.
"Alice?" Mary said a bit louder.
"Hey Alice!" I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. The instant I touched her I felt something. It was as if something was there. I gazed at the same spot on the door Alice was staring at. Instead of serious intentness, my gaze was more sincere curiosity.

"Do you....sense something?" Alice turned her head to look at me.
"I - I think so," I said softly, "as if, something is out there."
"Should we look?" Alice said gravely.
"Yes, I feel as if something calls me," I trailed off.
"What on earth are you girls talking about?" Mary walked over to us.
"Lets go," I said to Alice.
"Let us see what awaits us," she smiled, amused.

We walked over to open the door, Mary, driven by worry and interest, was steps behind us. I was the one who swung open the door causing the creature to jump back and growl softly. The creature glared at us with cold angry eyes, first me, then Alice.

"Kisa!" I sighed, "Don't worry, guys, just Kisa."
"What a cute little cat!" Mary walked closer about to pick it up when Alice says :
"Actually, it's a baby mountain lion,"
"Don't worry Mary, I thought the same thing too when I first saw her," I leaned against the door frame.
"How did you ever come up with the name Kisa?" Mary asked.
"It just came to me," I shrugged my shoulders, "Hey did you throw out the kidney pie?"
"No I didn't. Should I get it to feed her?"
"Thanks," I said, "That would be nice."

I chuckled when Mary skipped of too the kitchen. She was the purest girl I ever saw, second only to my sister.

Suddenly, I felt alert, my eyes popped open and stared into the forest beside me. I found myself staring into large yellow luminous eyes. This wasn't Kisa's mother, the eyes were much too large to be a mountain lion's. Moreover, Kisa had found herself on my leg. Alice sniffed the air lightly and wrinkled her nose, she made a sound of disgust.

As for me, I didn't know what to do, how to feel. It was like, I was crippled and had complete power all at once. I could kind of understand this feeling. It was similar to the feeling of when I first met Edward and Jasper. Alertness, yet knowing that no harm could come to you. The only difference is that I knew I can't control Edward and Jasper, but this beast, this whatever it is, I could control, I am in control.

"I am in control," I whispered, calmly to myself. Alice gave me a peculiar look.
"Do you know what's out there?" she asked gravely.
"Do you?" I asked with no traces of friendliness.
"Yeah," she said.
"Will you tell me?" I asked in the same tone.
"Not now," she said with a dark chuckle.
"Why?" I continued.
She walked up to me, our faces inches apart. Her smile mysterious and the sadness in her eyes, illuminated by the cold moonlight.
"It's.... a ~secret~"

"I back with the pie!" Mary giggled, with the scent of the meat of the meat in the air, causing Kisa to get excited.

When I looked back, all I saw was the creature's tail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys hate me for not updating for such along while? Sorry! BUT, I was overloaded with work and then on top of that, I got sick, AND my December exams are coming up soon a soon so I really REALLY have to study. May not update until I get Christmas break. SORRY!

XOXO Kanon-sama ( ̄ー ̄ )ノ