Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Dangerous Encourters

Sure, I woke up late. Early enough to have a shower but not enough time to make breakfast. Yeah, I did wake up to the sound of crashing rain but my morning mind didn't register that as I ran out side than back to grab my umbrella. Yeah, my blood was pumping as I thought that I would be late for my first class and I did forget to put on music cause the rain was more than enough noise to keep me happy. Even when I got to school and the gates were closed, I wasn't confused, the fact that the gate was close didn't seem to register in my mind, when it did however, I was baffled.

So I'm there, sitting in my Jag, in the pouring rain, the AC chilling me to the bone, wondering if I missed some sort of announcement. So I wait awhile, classes started about half an hour ago, I'm sure it wasn't daylight savings or something like that. Everything became a bit more clear when my phone vibrated, an email.

'PARENT ALERT FROM FORKS HIGH -------> This is just a reminder that due to the freak storm, school will be closed until further notice. Stay safe and God bless'

Oh so I did miss an announcement. I sighed in frustration and slight anger. I threw my phone in the cup-holder and weighed my options. I thought about going home, idling, studying, reading, maybe even practicing my violin, I picked up learning it last summer and was actually pretty good at it.

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of lightning that illuminated the whole car, I could tell that it was probably from La Push, the reservation here. The lightning was followed by a massive roll of thunder which made me get goosebumps.

I made my way quickly toward the hospital, Nandaleah hated thunder. The sound was horrid against her ears and the suddenness of it always shocks her.Me on the other hand loves the sound of storms. The crashing rain, the howling wind, the bright flash of lightning succeeded by a magnificent CRASH BOOM of thunder that shakes me to the core. OH~! It was like a beautiful orchestra!

I was ready for my sisters tears and the looks of nurses who couldn't calm her down. I was wrong. I stopped at her door where I heard laughter and talking instead of tears and hushing.

I opened the door to find Emmet, Rosalie and Alice around Nandaleah's bed as Alice and Rosalie braided her hair and decorated it with small flowers. I dropped my bag in shock and my eye began twitching. And you know what? It was like no one even noticed me. I suddenly felt far away, like I was drifting to another world.

I had to clear my throat for someone to notice me.

"Hey, look at that! It's Gwen!" Emmet said loudly.
"Sister!" Nandaleah smiled.
"Nandaleah, I trust you have been well," I said.
"Yes, everyone has been really nice to me," she said, "does my hair look nice?"
"Of course it does!" Alice beamed obviously proud of her work.
"And I helped, so naturally, it's beautiful," Rosalie flipped her hair and smiled cockily.
I chuckled.

"Alice, Rosalie and Emmet want to take you out," Nandaleah said.
"Me?" I pointed at myself, somewhat stupidly.
"Who else?" Alice jumped up, "I did promise you a date one day!"
"No you didn't," I shook my head at her.
"Yes I did!" Alice said in a sing-song voice and skipped over to me. "Anyways, I heard your birthday was a few days ago, I need to buy you something."
"I - I couldn't accept that," I stuttered.
"Aw c'mom!" Rosalie said.
"Yeah! Why the hell not?! We're filthy stinkin' rich, we got money to burn!" Emmet added.
"Language," I mouthed to Emmet.
"Oops!" he smiled and put his finger on his lips.

"Come Sister," Nandaleah said seriously, "you must enjoy yourself once in a while."
"B-but, I didn't spend time with you yesterday and you may get lonely, a-and it's raining and I know that you hate the thunder and I didn't get to read to you a-and..." I tripped over my words. It's not that I didn't want to go, it was more like I didn't have any experience with something like that, I didn't want to make a faux pas.

"You worry too much," Carlisle said walking through the door with Jasper and, ugh, Edward. I don't know what it was with him, but to me, Edward was just one of those people that when I saw him, it was like, hate at first sight.

"You'll give yourself grey hairs," Carlisle messed up my already messed up bed head.
"Yo!" Jasper flicked my forehead as he walked past me then grabbed Alice in a hug.
"Good morning," Edward smiled courteously, this gave me the sudden childish urge to stick out my tongue at him.
"Morning," I said stiffly.

I looked on Nandaleah. She and Jasper were playing some sort of odd hand game where they walked on each others fingers with their own fingers. Everyone was watching the game with a certain calm smile on their face, I was rather anxious and slightly jealous.

"I win!" Nandaleah said.
"Ah! Thats four times in a row," Jasper said, "I bow to you, princess."
Nandaleah giggled.
I groaned out loud, not knowing what to do.
"What? You're still here? I thought you'd be half-way to Port Angeles by now," Nandaleah frowned sarcastically.
I groaned again and turned to Carlisle.
"Anything to report?" I said.
"Not a thing," he replied.
"She getting her vitamins, minerals, breathing is fine?" I urged.
"Uh-huh. This looks like it'll be one of her better days,"
I groaned again.

"Go," Edward rolled his eyes.
"If there's anything to report, you'll be the first to know," Carlisle winked.
"There will be NOTHING to report cause I'm going to be perfectly FINE," Nandaleah insisted.
"Oh alright," I groaned, submitting to her.
"Yes!" Alice and Rosalie said grabbing me by the arms.
"Finally!" Emmet jumped and joined us, "Whose car are we taking?"
"My Jag," I said.
"No way, we're taking the Ferrari," Emmet said.
"Then why'd you ask?" I retaliated.
"Ah who cares?" Alice and Rosalie dragged me off.
"No, no wait!" I said taking out my phone.
"Nope!" Emmet said.
But I was just in time to get the perfect picture of Nandaleah, smiling, her hair up in that fancy french braid and small white flowers in different parts of her hair making her look all fairy tale like.

**********************

"What language is this?" I asked.
"Korean," Rosalie answered.
"Why would they be playing this?" I asked again.
" 'Cause it's a decent song," Alice sipped her water.
"Yes, but WHY in Sub-way?" I said
"This is America, we do the weirdest shit here," Emmet said.
"No," I said, "the weirdest shit happens in Japan."
"True, true," They all said in agreement.

We were in Sub-way at the mall in Port Angeles. We cam here only when they found out that I hadn't eaten breakfast. According to them, Alice, Rosalie and I were going on a massive shopping spree. Alice saw my wardrobe yesterday and her mouth actually fell open. I though stuff like that only happened in books and movies. So she says to me, "Gwen! Did you get these from Salvation Army?! I have never in my years seen such a distressed closet!" So I guess, that's how I got here. As for Emmet, I guess he just decided to tag along.

"Enough eating, time to get down to business!" Alice says throwing away my sandwich wrapper.
"Thanks for the food," I said taking out my wallet, "how much do I owe you guys?"
"Don't worry about that," Rosalie DRAGGED me out by the arm.
"It was our treat after all," Alice said.
"Okay," I said, feeling a bit uneasy, "where we heading?"
"Where? Looking for handbags first," Rosalie said, releasing me as we entered in a fancy room with AC and gold and navy designs.

"Alice, Rosalie!" a lady with red lips and a tight expression walked up to us, "So nice to see you again!"
"Hello, Margret," Alice and Rosalie smiled graciously.
"Emmet," Margret said walking past me, "Looking handsome as ever,"
"Aww, you think so?" he said.
Margret chuckled softly and then turned to me.
"Who's your friend?" her eyes ran me up and down and her voice lost enthusiasm, "but your eyes are darling, dear."

I didn't like her, she was obviously well over fifty, yet she dyed her hair, got botox, which I have to say didn't look as bad as some others I saw, and had this fake looking appearance.

What really pissed me of was the way she was looking at me. Yes bitch, my hair is messy and cut short, I AM wearing, gasp, a red and black PLAID shirt, stone washed jeans and probably the most ugliest shoes I have, a pair of white keds that looked like nurses shoes. There is no need to be looking on me with that rich bitch look as if you just stepped in a pile of dog shit in your brand new pumps.

"This is Gwendelyn," Rosalie put her hand on my shoulder, sensing my building fury, "She's a friend from school."
"We're giving her a complete make over day!" Alice bounced joyfully.
"Yes, yes, much needed," Margret said then chuckled friendlily to try to make her words seem not so bad. I felt Rosalie's grip on my shoulder tighten as my anger grew.
"And I'm just tagging along for something to do," Emmet raised his hand.

"Ha ha," Margret fake laughed then swept her arm out, "Yes well, Gwendolyn, we have a large varieties of purses by the worlds top designers, many of which I'm sure you wouldn't have heard of. This isn't, after all, JCPenny's or Walmart."
"Bitch, do you wanna go?!" I said mentally, expressing my anger on the inside while saying a more civil reply.
"My name is not Gwendolyn, my mother named me Gwendelyn. Get it right or don't say it at all," I said in controlled anger, "And who is to say that I am ignorant of the types of overly priced purses."

In truth and fact, I did know about purses a bit. Living with Rachel, I picked up some things about girly stuff like that.

Emmet and Rosalie were suppressing smiles and Alice was shaking her head ever so slightly.

"Yes, well," Margret clasped her hands, "just a mispronunciation. Odd of your mother to make such a little change like that,"
"Yes, odd indeed," I said as cold as Rosalie's hand on my shoulder.
"So what purses interest you?" Margret's lip formed a hard line.
"I expect the store where Alice and Rosalie shops at to at least have Versache," I smirked cockily.

In the end, we got two Micheal Kors, one Givenchy, four Versaches, one Fendi, made from mink, and each of us got a Juicy Couture. One of the Kors was mine, the other was Rosalie's, the Givenchy was Esme's, who I have yet to meet, and so was one of the Versaches and the other three shared was between us girls.

Alice and Rosalie had a long stare down trying to determine who would get the mink Fendi. Alice argues saying that Rosalie had nothing to match with it while Rosalie retaliated by pointing out the large bag would look better with herself because Alice had such a small stature. At one point, Emmet suggested I get it, but then realized I had the same small stature as Alice. In the end, it was decided that a cousin from Alaska would get it. I was wondering why they didn't just NOT buy it. But, if it makes them happy.

"Thank you," I said blushing and looking on the ground, "for all the bags."
"What do you mean all the bags?" Alice said.
"Yeah, we just got you three," Rosalie said.
"But they were so expensive and - "

Suddenly the air got thick with the presence of something. Alice, Emmet and Rosalie wrinkled their nose and make small, disgusted sounds. Me, I was alert as we walked. My eyes darted left, right, behind, even above for a brief moment. It was that feeling again, that feeling from last night. I mean, there couldn't be a giant wolf monster in the mall without tons of people screaming, right?

Boom! It hit me. Almost knocked my glasses straight of my face and sent me backward, almost falling to the ground if Emmet wasn't holding me up. I was too busy looking for an attacker that I wasn't watching where I was going.

"So sorry about that Miss!" a tall brown skin fellow with short cut, coarse black hair said. His cheek-bones were high and his ebony eyes were set deep in his face. He was with a boy who was younger than him, a bit older than me maybe. He had the same coarse hair and russet skin and wore a hard expression.

"Are your eyes useless holes in your head, mutt?" Rosalie said coldly staring at the man.
The boy growled at Rosalie, then the man who knocked me down swung an arm out in front him as if to stop some sort of attack, "Let us not waste time here," he said.

"You," the man approached me, "who are you?"
"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW, DOG?!" Emmet exploded.
"CAN IT LEECH!" The ill- tempered boy said, "The Alpha isn't speaking to you!"
"As if we care about the echelons you mongrels have devised," Alice scoffed and waved her hand in a disdainful manner.
"I will END you!" he growled.
"Brave words coming from a flea bag such as yourself," Rosalie glared.

"You, girl," the man insisted, "what are you and what is your name?"
"What business do you have with me?" I glared at him.
"That is what I'm trying to figure out," He stared back confused.
"Tch, don't waste my time with your unimportant drivel," I scoffed.
"What are you doing with the likes of these people?" he made up his face.

Even here, with people not from school, the Cullens are still victims of prejudice.

"They are my friends," I growled, "I don't see why I have to disclose any information to the clumsy oaf who almost knocked me down."
"Friends?" the man smiled unbelieving then laughed, "Princess, as if soulless monsters like them could even care for anyone other that themselves!"
"Monsters?" I asked, "Soulless?"
"She doesn't know, Sam," the boy crossed his arms and smirked.
"It would appear so Paul," Sam, the man, said, "you call them friends and yet you don't really know a thing about them do you?"
"They can't even trust you with all their secrets," Paul said.

"You ass, you know we can't reveal that," Rosalie sneered.
"And neither can you," Emmet added.
"Why the fuck not?" Paul put his hands out before him in a questioning manner.
"She's obviously not human," Sam rolled his eyes, "I don't see the harm in telling her."
"Keep your trap closed!" Emmet shouted, "No one wants to smell the goddamn kibble on your doggy breath!"
"What was that leech?!" Paul growled.
"Are you deaf?" Rosalie snarled, "He said to keep your frigging mouth shut!"

"Look, we wasted more that enough time here," Sam rolled his eyes again, "Girl, you will come with us,"
Sam reached for my shoulder. I shrugged off his hand then slapped him in the face. I guess the slap was harder than I thought because I sent him on his knees as he held his cheek.

"Alpha!" Paul ran over to him then looked up at me, "Bitch! What did you do?!"
I glared down my hardest at him and made him cringe instantly.

"I don't know who you are and what you want with me," I started, "I don't even care if the Cullens have some secret that I don't know about, that's fine, we all have our own secrets that we do not wish to be entered in the light, even I have some things I'd rather not recall."

Sam still groaned in pain while everyone else watched me with intrigued and slightly fearful eyes. I bent down toward Sam.
"Look," I said silently yet vehemently, "I really don't understand what's going on here between you and the Cullens, and quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit, but since you don't know me too well, I'll tell you from now. I don't like being demanded, so get this through your thick skull : YOU DON'T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO, got it?"

I stood up and looked at the two bodies crouched at my feet. I turned to the Cullens, "Let's go," I said.

When we were a little away from Sam and Paul we started talking again.
"The nerve of those guys, telling you to come with them like that," Alice scoffed.
"Dog will be Dogs," Rosalie sighed airily.
"But you sure showed them," Emmet chuckled.
"Hell yeah! That was one hell of a bitch-slap!" Rosalie giggled.
"Gwen you okay? You seem a little out of it." Alice said.
"I just realized something," I said.
"What is it?" Alice asked.
"They've seen me before," I said.
"Why do you say that?" Rosalie said seriously.
"My eyes, they didn't ask about my eyes," I answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Managed to squeeze this one in. Hope you like it. Comment me pwease!!!!!

XOXO Kanon- sama {=D