Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Confession

"Damn it Paige," she said fanning the smoke away from her face, "quit it already!"
"You'll NEVER take me alive," Paige dug into her turkey sandwich.
The waitress sighed and walked away.

Cayden grabbed Paige's cigarette and snuffed it.
"Dude!" Paige said with her mouth full
"Yes little sister?" he said laughing.
"Worst big bro ever!" Paige stuck out her tongue at Cayden.

They weren't related, Paige and Cayden, but they were close enough to be. Cayden knew Paige since childhood and they hung out together all the time. He has long, think ebony hair that was longer than mine and stunning green eyes. He was taller than Edward but shorter than Emmet.

"Quit bitching," Jamie said applying his third coat of lip-gloss.
"Shut up you goddamn transvestite!" Paige said, "I need my cigarette fix."
"Don't be a hater Neon 'cause a prettier than you," Jamie said flipping his blonde wig over his shoulder.
"You should listen to them Paige," I said resting my elbows on the table, "those are really bad for you."
"Aw c'mon R.S, even you?" Paige said.
"I said to quit calling me 'R.S'," I said.
"Well, 'Gwen'," Paige said putting emphasis on my name, "if you don't got a Killjoy name, I have to give you one. But for now you are R.S"

Cayden beside me chuckled, "Ah, MCR isn't all that, you guys should get into Muse."
"Ready," Paige said to me.
"Yup," I said. We both stuck our middle fingers out to Cayden, "Fuck you!" we said simultaneously.
"MCR is perfection," Paige said, "I ain't listening to Muse."
"Damn you three and your scary music," Jamie scoffed, "When I saw you in a dress, Gwen, I thought you'd be a little normal."
"Yeah, what was up with that get up of yours?" Paige said.
"That was the power of Alice," I sighed, "and on top of that, she hid some of my old clothes."
"Wow," Cayden said.
"I know right," I said.
"Well I gotta hand it to Alice Cullen," Jamie said showing of his red nails, "the girl's got STYLE!"
Cayden and I chuckled.
"She's a weird chick, so flighty," Paige chewed unladylike, "I like that."

"Speaking of them," Cayden turned to me, "where are the Cullens?"
"Dunno," I shrugged my shoulders.
"Those guys are never here when it's nice out," Jamie scoffed.
"It is nice isn't it?" I looked out the window and let the sun warm my face.
"I hear they go camping when it's all warm and sunny," Paige munched, "if I tried that with my parents they'd whip my ass."
"There pale and avoid the sun," Cayden chuckled darkly, "sounds like vampires to me."

"Bitch please, the real vampires at Forks High are Lauren and her mindless zombies," Jamie said.
"Hey hey, don't be insulting my vampires and zombies by comparing them with Lauren," Paige said.
"Don't talk with your mouth full sis," Cayden joked.
"Anyways, do you know that that air-head Blaire had the audacity, to come all up in my face and be all like, 'can you ask those friends of yours if they're coming to the Cullen's party?' and I was all like 'why?' and she said, 'oh, just curious.' and I'm standing there like, bitch what the fuck?" Jamie said, "Now tell me if something ain't going on."
"Sure, sure," I said, "well don't mind them, are you going?"
"Hell yes!" Jame said, "It's an open invitation, I'm getting up there and shaking my ass!"
"What about you Neon?" I laughed.
"Of course," she swallowed, "I just finished my Killjoy outfit and I've been itching for an excuse to wear it. You going bro?"
"I-I dunno, the music might not be my style," Cayden said as he messed up his dark hair, "you going Gwen?"
"Yeah," I said, "somehow I ended up in assisting with the party. Don't worry though, the music will be decent."
"Alright, I'll definitely be there," he smiled.
"Cool," I smiled back.

"Let's go bitches," Jamie got up and fixed his skirt, "lunch is over we'll be late for school. Not that I care with that bastard teacher next."
"I know right," Paige said swallowing the last bit of food and getting up, "fuck Mr. Kent."

"Hey you checking with your sister today?" Cayden said to me when we were at school.
"Yeah," I said getting my stuff out of my locker.
"Can I come?"
"Why?" I slammed my locker.
"Is it a problem?"
"I don't think my sister will mind but - "
"Then it's cool, right?"
"I guess so," I shrugged.
"Nice, see you in history," he waved.
"Yeah, see you," I said to his back.

****************************

"Hey you," I said in my phone.
"Hi sis," Nandaleah said back.
"I'm bringing someone over today, is that fine?"
"A new friend! Great! No problem whatsoever!"
"Is Carlisle over there?" I asked.
"Actually no," she replied, "I wonder why. It's feels so nice and warm today."
"Hnm, well anyways, I heading to the parking lot now, see you in a few."
"Gwen," she said.
"Yeah?"
"I'm really glad,"
"Why?" I smiled.
"You seem so much more happier since we got here. You made friends and you just seem to be more cheerful," she said. God I love her. She always cares more about others, she's so selfless.
"Well that's because I have a wonderful little sister who's getting better each and everyday," I laughed.
"Ha ha, very funny," she said sarcastic.
"Love you, bye,"
"Love you too sis, later," I hung up.

"Who was that?" Cayden said popping out of nowhere.
"My sister," I said.
"Oh," he said a bit sheepish and blushing slightly.
"So you set?" he said.
"Yeah, ready," I slid into my Jag.
"Please no MCR," he said hopping in the passenger seat.
"Aw c'mon," I switched to radio, "do you hate them that much?"
"I don't dislike them," he said flipping through channels,"I just think Muse is better."
"I've listened to a few songs, didn't like them that much," I shook my head.
"Check out Starlight, that one is one of my faves," he said settling on a channel, "hey BVB! Nice."
"You listen to Black Veil Brides too?" I smiled.
"Only when I'm not listening to Muse," he chuckled.
"You left me with these broken lies," I sang.
"And I let you," he sang, "I got no more time for your goodbyes, so God bless you."

"Damn, you sound just like Andy Biersack," I said.
"And you almost sound like Amy Lee," he said.
"Evanescence!" I said.
"The one and only," he smirked.

The rest of the short ride was spent talking about the music we listened to and making jokes about people on the road we didn't know, and laughing. I like him, he's a friend. I feel safe with him, I feel warm.

"Is this her room?" Cayden said when I stopped in front of a door.
"Yeah," I knocked.
"Come in," a nurse said.
"Hey, Nandaleah, Julie," I said when I walked in.
"Gwen," Nandaleah said through a mask, I was over her side in an instant.
"You're sick," I said rubbing her head.
"Just a little fever," the nurse smiled, "well since you're here I'll take my leave."
"Yeah," I said absent-minded, still rubbing my sister's head.

"You said that you brought a friend?" Nandaleah said.
"Oh silly me," I shook my head, "Cayden, did I forget you?"
"Yes you did," he said in a sing-song voice as he skipped over.
"Oh," Nandaleah said in a more serious tone, "you didn't tell me it was a boy."
"Huh?" I said.
"Hi, nice to meet you," Cayden held Nandaleah's small hand between his two large ones, "I'm Cayden Silver."

Nandaleah looked afraid and confused for a split second, then she returned to her sweet demeanour.
"I'm Nandaleah Bright," she said.
"Gwen talks about you all the time," Cayden said kindly, "you're even cuter in person."
"Oh stop," Nandaleah said bashfully,"so are you, my sister's b-boyfriend?"
"N-no!" I felt the heat rush to my cheeks, "n-n-nothing l-like t-that!"
"Hnnnmm," she said sneakily, "are you sure?"
"Positive!" My blush got deeper, "S-s-s-say something Cayden!"
"I-I-I I really dunno what to say," he rubbed his hair vigorously, he was pink too.
"Oh I get it," I could just tell that my sister was smirking underneath that mask, "you want my sister don't you Cayden?"
"I don't know what to say," he scratched his head.
"Oh so you dislike her," Nandaleah said.
"I don't!" Cayden said suddenly.
"Ah so you do love her!" Nandaleah said pleasantly.
"She's a cool girl and all -" Cayden started.
"I was right!" Nandaleah clapped her hands, pleased, "Don't break my sister's heart Cayden, I won't forgive you if you do!"
"Yeah," he said absently, staring at me with a confused expression and pink cheeks. Aw, dammit, why does he have to stare at me with those eyes, those bright green innocent looking eyes.
"Nandaleah, you're so mean!" I said childishly, blushing madly.

****ALICE'S P.O.V*****

I sat on a rock in deep concentration. The sunlight caused my skin to act like a thousand diamonds. Sunlight, yeah, this sunlight foiled my plans to tell her. The party is the day after tomorrow, Saturday. Tomorrow will be sunny too, but more cloudy than today, we won't be able to go to school. Should I tell her at the party? Or should I discuss it with my family first?

She has a right to know, at least, I think so. Rosalie and the others think we should just continue silently observing her. Emmet, like me, thinks we should tell her that we're vampires, of course we didn't say this to each other, I couldn't have Edward digging around in both of our brains. It was hard enough for me to not think about it when Edward is around.

Gwen is so lucky. Edward can't snoop around in her brain. And I can't see her. That's no fun. I'll try again to see her. I crossed my legs and closed my eyes. I went into full concentration mode.

Images flashed in my brain. The colours moved to fast, the people were speaking too low, the music was too high. What song is that? It sounds like Muse. I don't know this song. Who's that boy with Gwen? His hair is white and he has green eyes. I think he's from school. I think this is the party, something's going to happen. Something very important. A flash of purple light in my mind's eye shocked me and sent falling over the rock.

"Dang," I groaned, "it happened again." This always happen when I'm trying to peek into Gwen's future. It almost feels like some sort of security system.

"Okay," I sighed, "let's try this again."
"Try what again?" he was here two second although he was miles and miles away.
"Oh you're so lucky Jazz," I said.
"How so?" he pinched my cheek playfully.
"You're the only one who can control Gwen,"
"Yeah, to a point," he put his arm around me, "I can barely calm her down and she can control herself if I don't concentrate."
"Oh, what I would give for another peek into her future!" I tapped the rock anxiously, make holes with my finger, "By the way, where's Edward?"
"He, Carlisle and Esme went to visit the Denalis,"
"And Rosalie and Emmet are in their little house in Canada," I mused, "which means it's just the two of us here."
"Wanna have some fun?" he kissed my neck.
"Sure," I smiled.

*****GWENDELYN'S P.O.V********

"Damn you all!" I said angrily, "This is so unfair! Why do I have to dress up like this!"
"Quit complaining!" Rosalie said, ruffling my hair as she walked by with a box of decorations.
"What? Don't you like the dress?" Alice said looking on her creation.
"It's not that!" I said.
"Then what?" Edward asked, sitting beside me.
"Why do I have to dress up as a medieval peasant! Esme's a candy striper, Carlisle looks badass in his renaissance outfit, Rosalie is in a red angry bird shirt and Emmet is in a green pig shirt and ears, you and Jasper are dressing up as Barney and Betty Rubble and Edward -!" I turned to Edward, "by the way, what ARE you dressing up as?"
"A police-officer," he smiled teasingly.
"Oh that is so sexy," I rolled my eyes.
"Well get over it," he elbowed me playfully. I growled a little.

"You're so hard to please. Tell me what would make you happy?" Alice said.
"Well let me go as I am and make Edward go as a prostitute, that'll make me smile," I said.
"I am not going as a gigolo," Edward scoffed.
"Who said anything about a gigolo," I looked at him, "I want to see you in bras and panties."
"Ha Ha Ha," Edward said sarcastic as Alice snickered, "very funny."

"Here you go dear," Esme said putting a banana split in front of me.
"Ah, Thank you! I love you Esme! You're the best!" I smiled.
"You're welcome dear," she smiled sweetly, "I'm off to help the others prepare for the party."
"Sure! I'll be there soon!" I said.
"Favouritsm," Edward scoffed.

Today's Saturday. Oh joy. The big party. I hated parties, too much happy-go-lucky people. Too much dancing, I can't dance. Too much socializing, I hate people. Sigh. This is so bothersome. Can't we all just sleep. That's peaceful. That's not too loud. No bright lights in your eyes. No people to annoy you. Yeah, the world would be much better if we all just took a few hours and slept. That would be nice.

I finished the treat and went to the kitchen to wash the dish. I let my mind stray. Everyone's so nice. It really doesn't feel real. It almost feels like a mask on the whole town of Forks. Sigh. I feel lazy, like I didn't sleep in a thousand years. Everything feels like a blur. I sighed.

"What's with all the sighing?" Alice popped up behind me, "Get crazy! It's a party!"
I sighed, "I dunno why I feel so tired."
"You'll be pumped up once the music starts playing!" Alice jumped on the counter.
"No Bubblegum pop?" I asked.
"As if I'll let that shit into this house!" Emmet said from the window.

"Hey, take off this necklace; it doesn't suit the costume," Alice said reaching for the pendant. When her hand was close, her fingers suddenly shrunk back as if she just got shocked. He looked down on her hand in confusion.
"Um, this was actually a gift from my Mum," I said holding the pendant dearly, "biological, that is. I really don't take if off, at all."
"Understandable," she said absently, still looking on her hand in confusion.
I sighed, God, I feel so tired and pissed 'cause I don't fucking know WHY I feel so freakin' tired.

And so the Party. I sat, all by myself, in a little chair, in a little corner, watching all the idiots and and hypocrites from school dance and act like pathetic imbeciles in their dumb ass costumes. Lauren and her posse dressed up as devils, (how fitting) Angela was a retarded looking witch, Ben was an anime character, I respect that, Mike was a ninja and, perhaps the most idiotic costume I saw at this party, was worn by Eric, who dress up as a fucking worm. Dumb ass.

"Why are you sitting all by yourself?" Carlisle put his hand on my shoulder, "Why don't you dance and have fun?"
"Don't wanna," I sipped my Sprite.
"Good evening Mr. Cullen!" A much too peppy voice said, "I must say that this is a lovely home!"
"You fucking hypocrite," I said under my breath.
"Hello Lauren," Carlisle said politely, "Are you enjoying yourself?"
"Yes I am," she smiled falsely, "This is a wonderful party!"
"Well I'm glad you like it," he said, "The kids put a lot of effort into this."

"What about you Wendy," Lauren said making herself eye-level with me, calling me by that dirty name, "you having a good time?"
"Get out of my sight," my voice trembled with anger, " And never call me that, you goddamn bitch."
"Hnm," She stood up straight and made confused eyes at me, she looked to Carlisle for a reaction that would never come, "well bye you two!" Lauren walked off.

"How is it that you know that spawn of Satan?" I asked Carlisle, still grimacing in Lauren's direction, "did you hear about her from Emmet and Rosalie?"
"Her aunt works at the hospital as a nurse. Not anyone you know though," Carlisle answered.
"I see," I said relaxing my face, "Well please keep that person away from my sister."
"You know," Carlisle started, "Emmet and Rosalie told me what Lauren did."
"Did they?" I said uncaring.
"Yeah, and in my opinion," He spun the chair around so I could face him, "she is a big bitch."

I smiled because I would never imagine Carlisle saying anything close to a swear word.
"Doctor," I playfully raised and eyebrow at him, "is that you?"
He smiled back at me then went to help Esme.

I sat in my own personal silence for a while until someone's hands slid under my glasses and covered my eyes, "Guess who?"
"Um...... Andy Biersack?" I said purposely.
"Ha ha ha," Cayden said uncovering my eyes.
"Duuude!" I smiled astonished, "You look insane!"
"You like?" he spun around girlishly.
"Daamn! Jack Skellington is my idol" I admired his costume, "Such detail! How do you plan to go to school like that!"
"What this?" he put a lock of his white hair between his fingers, "This should be out by Wednesday, Thursday."
"And what about Monday, Tuesday?" I asked smiling.
"Like I never played hookey before," he smiled back.

His costume was really impressive though. Not just his hair, but his gloves looked really skeletal, he painted around his eyes black to give off a skeletal look, on his lips stretching on both sides if his cheeks were what looked like stitches and the rest of his face was painted as white as his hair. Damn he looked good!

"What's up BITCHES!" Paige jumped out of nowhere in her Killjoy outfit which I barely had time to review because after she saw Esme serving food and ran after her.

"Such a crazy little sister," Cayden smiled fondly.
"Yeah," I said just as fond as my own sister came to mind.

We didn't see Paige for most of the party and Jamie couldn't make it because is boyfriend from out of town surprised him with a visit. It was fine though, Cayden and I had more than enough fun together. Singing to songs we knew, mocking the lyrics to the songs we didn't. Discussing books and movies and foods we liked and all the places we've been, (him more than me on the last one.) We even sneaked out of the house a few times to see if anyone would notice. Once, we went as far as my house and got snacks. We stood on the porch and star gazed. It was really fun and before I knew it, the party was coming to a close.

"Everyone having a good time!" Edward said in the mike, looking ridiculous as fuck in his police outfit.
"YEAH!" The party-goers responded.
"Alright!" Edward said, "This will be our last song of the night and it'll be a slow song so guys, pick a lucky girl!"
"Keh!" I smiled cockily, "That bastard has no one to dance with does he!"
"You're so mean!" Cayden ruffled my hair playfully.
Everyone started pairing off. Rosalie was making out with Emmet in a corner. I felt embarrassed so I turned around. Cayden held his hand out to me.

"May I have this dance m'lady?" He said all gentleman-like.
"Certainly," I took his hand smiling.
The music started.
"I know this song," Cayden said as he put his arms around my waist.
"Do you? Is it Muse?" I put my arms around his neck.
"Yeah," he moved me in circular motions and started singing, "You could be my unintended, choice to live my life extended. You could be the one I'll always love,"

His voice melted melodiously with the singer. The way his eyes pierced mine it almost felt as if he were singing to me. He craned his neck and pressed his forehead against mine. My eyes widened and there was a flood of heat in my cheeks.

"You could be the one who listens to my deepest inquisitions. You could be the one I'll always love," he closed his eyes and sang what seemed to be the chorus, "I'll be there as soon as I can, but I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before."

I stared at the black where his eyes were as if they'd open. And slowly, they did. He leant in close to my face then pulled back, smiling somewhat sadly. I was confused. What just happened? He started humming the song and I joined in.

Then, the song was over. Carlisle wished everyone a safe night and a Happy Halloween. Paige finally found us, Cayden was her ride home, and showed off her outfit to me. They couldn't stay long because it was already past Paige's curfew.

"Bye guys," I said to them at the door.
"See you," Cayden said, then swiftly kissed me on the cheek making me blush. At first I was confused, then I smiled in a giving up manner.
"Bye bye," I said softly and waved.

"Clean up is the worst part!" Emmet exclaimed setting the couch back the way it was after the last car drove off.

I closed my eyes and giggled girlishly, touching my cheek. What an odd flighty feeling indeed! It left me curious and close to what I think calm would feel like.
"Someone's in a good mood," Rosalie rested her elbow on my head.
"Yeah and that someone could help out too!" Emmet said.
"Coming!" I smiled yet made no attempt to move.

"Alice," Edward said sternly, "what are you thinking?"
"Huh?" I turned my attention to Alice who was deep in thought. Not only I, but all of the Cullens were looking on Alice.

Jasper, who looked as if he just realized to something, shook his head at Alice. She smiled, apologetically.
"Why are you apologizing! You don't need to be apologizing because you won't say anything!" Edward said angrily.
"She - Gwen - has a right to know," Alice said silently.
"No she doesn't Alice," Esme said calmly.
"What's going on?" I said all sense of flightiness gone.
"Something that doesn't really need to be said," Carlisle said calmly walking over to me, "c'mon dear, I'll take you home."
"No," I stepped back, looking at the Cullens curiously.

"Oh just tell her already!" Emmet sighed, "we were planning to anyways!"
"Emmet that's not exactly something you just tell someone with no warning!" Edward growled angrily.
"Tell me," I said controlling my annoyance.
"Alice NO-!" Edward shouted. But it was too late. She had already said it.

"Gwen, we're vampires,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for making you all wait so long!!!! Well anyways, WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT! DUN! DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN!

xoxo Kanon-sama (ノ≧┏Д┓≦)ノ