Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Fly On The Wall

I had just finished the final note of the Birthday song on my violin. Nandaleah clapped me.
"Happy Birthday, my love," I smiled at her.
"Thanks! You played beautifully!" She replied.
"You have me to thank for that," Rosalie flipped her hair cockily, "Gwen is such a stubborn student!"
I made a face at Rosalie.
"I wish Edward could be here though," Nandaleah sighed. I don't know why, but for some reason she thinks of Edward as a big brother. Please, she doesn't need that guy, she has me.
"He sends his love," Alice said, "And he should be back tomorrow with your present."
"But hey, forget him," Jasper said, "Look at you! You're ten!"
"Finally made it into the double digits eh kiddo?" Emmet ruffled her hair.

"Stop it!" Rosalie slapped his hand away, "Alice and I worked hard on that!"
"At least your little sister has more appreciation for beauty than you Gwen," Alice made a face at me and at this everyone laughed.

"I have cake!" Esme said walking in with Carlisle.
"I bet Gwen made that," Nandaleah said with an air of certainty.
"Monopolized my kitchen that's what she did," Esme said quietly but loud enough for Nandaleah to hear.
"I expected as much," Nandaleah turned to me.

"Father called you right?" I said with an indifferent air although I was burning to know if he did and what you gave her.
"Yeah he did,"
"And what did he give you?"
"He sent his love,"
"I see,"

Ha you bastard. My present dominates yours this year!

********************************

"You can't keep treating her like that," Alice said one day to Edward.
"I'm not treating her anyway," Edward said childishly.
"Oh please," I scoffed, " 'Hi good morning Bella' 'Don't come near me!' 'How are you doing today?' 'Stay away!' 'So, you're chief Swan's daughter?' 'I can't be friends with you. I'm dangerous' "
"Exactly, what the flip is up with that?" Alice said.
"The poor girl's gonna think your bipolar!" I said.
"Since when do you care?" Edward sneered at me.
"I still don't. I just love watching you squirm!" I replied.
"Oh you sadist!" He scoffed.
"Are you sure it isn't masochism," I grinned at him, "hidden behind a mask of a sadist?"
His face contorted strangely as he tried to come up with a retort.

"See that's the thing with you," he pointed a finger at me, "you say these things that just - just- get into people's minds and just confuse the hell out of them!"
"You mad?" I made a troll face.
"Still not as good as Jasper," Edward shook his head.
"Yes, I am king," Jasper said punching the air.

"I just don't see the point," Rosalie scoffed as she walked up to us with Emmet, "in watching her, this Bella."
"Aw c'mon Ro," Emmet put a hand around Rosalie, "she might be fun."
"Fun or not, she's still a danger," then Rosalie added, "And she's so plain."
"At least someone agrees with me," I grumbled.
"Will you quit saying tha - !" Edward started then was distracted by the screech of car wheels. A car headed straight towards Bella, who was obliviously reading.
"N-!" was all Rosalie managed to say before Edward jumped in front of the SUV and stop it with his bare hand.
"You dumb fuck," Rosalie said barely audible to my ears, but i knew Edward heard it loud and clear.

Bella stared at Edward before he moved to fast for her eyes to follow, the she stared ahead at us with a curious and questioning eye. There was a crowd gathering. The driver, Tyler, had a huge bloody gash on his face; Bella was unharmed, of course.

"This is bad," Alice said looking on Jasper who looked like he was about to lose it. The laugh that was stuck in my throat since Edward jumped off died.
"Let's get him out of here," Rosalie said, "That's a lot of blood coming out of Tyler's head."
"Let's go Jazz," Alice said kindly, Jasper nodded tensely. He and Alice disappeared
"In that case I should probably be off too," Emmet said somewhat sheepish, "I skipped out on the hunt the other night. There was the movie I really wanted to see."
"So that's were you went," Rosalie rolled her eyes, "Alright Em, let's go. See you in a bit, Gwen." She and Emmet also took off to quick for my eyes to follow.

There were the sounds of sirens. An ambulance took Tyler in a gurney and a medic help Bella, who was no doubt just dazed, into the ambulance.

"They're headed to the hospital," I said to myself, "Edward will be there too, no doubt. Well then, I'll take this chance to visit my sister."

At the hospital, Carlisle was giving Bella a little check up. Shining light into her eyes, testing her reflexes and such.
"Okay Isabella," Carlisle smiled putting his equipment up, "I don't see anything wrong. Just have a good rest when you get home. I have to go check on Tyler now."
"Oh thank God!" Chief Swan sighed gripping Bella's hand tightly.
"Edward was amazing," Bella said looking up at Edward who was standing next to where Bella was sitting. Me, I was just a fly on the wall, Not really caring for acknowledgement.

"He jumped right in front of the car and saved my with his bare hands," Bella said.
Carlisle took one quick glance at Edward who looked on Bella, "I didn't do that," He smiled, "I was no where near you.'
"You did," Bella nodded, sure of herself, "Don't be modest, right Gwende - er - Gwen? He was there wasn't he?"
"No I wasn't," Edward looked to me for support. Ha, you're my bitch now, Cullen!
"Who's to say?" I shrugged my shoulders, "He was with me and his siblings up until the car came, then a teacher can up and asked him to run a small errand."
"But you had a perfect view," Bella said persistently, "Surely, you must have seen something."
"Bella," I said patiently, "Even if Edward did jump in and try to save you, he'd be crushed. There's no way that it's humanly possible for him to stop a SUV going that fast with just his hands alone."
"Not humanly possible" Bella said thoughtfully to herself, I could almost see the gears working in her mind.

I smiled at the mischief I caused. Alice had already confined in me that Bella was to find out. I'd been plotting and scheming on how to take advantage of this information and Edward's position and look! A fine opportunity just presented itself.

"Gwendelyn," the chief said to me, "I heard that you're the one who called the ambulance."
"Then you heard wrong, chief," I ran my fingers through my hair which hand grown longer, but still not passing my neck.
"Aw come on now, don't be shy," he said, "Edward told me." Edward gave me a side-ward smirk and a looked at me tauntingly.
"Chief Swan, don't listen to a word out of this boy's mouth!" I said passionately, pointing at Edward, "He's a pathological liar and a disgusting pervert who steals girls' panties!"
"He is?!" Bella said looking bewildered but not completely convinced.
"Oh she's the one you should watch out for," Edward scoffed, "with her lies, she'll send you straight to jail."
"Edward's a good boy," the chief said to Bella, "you don't need to worry about him."
"Alright, Dad," Bella said.

"Gwendelyn," the chief started again, "I really owe you though. I'd be happy if you'd be Bella's friend."
"Dad, don't go making friends for me like that," Bella said.
"Chief," I tried to explain again.
"Call me Charlie!" He beamed up at me.
"Oh look at that, you made another friend," Edward said mockingly.
"Oh, stuff it Cullen," I replied.
"You two are really, close aren't you? Kinda like, siblings," Bella said. Although her words were something close to gentle, in her eyes I could make out a burning emotion. The emotion of jealousy. Interesting.
"Get along with this guy?" I stuck my thumb in Edward's direction, "As if. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to check with my real sibling.'
"You're sister?" Charlie said when I was out the room.
"How do you know that?" I glared at him.
"wow, you really are protective!" He chuckled, "I'm the chief, darling! Nothing happens here and I don't Know about it!"
"Sure chief," I gave a tiny salute.

But do you know, I thought to myself, that they're vampires living in this very town? No? So then, I guess not everything, just some things.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually wasn't going to write today, but I saw a comment by reezy and I was like 'HELL YEAH! I'M GONNA ADD A CHAPTER!' so you guys have her to thank! ROCK ON TO ALL MY READERS! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

xoxo Kanon - sama ( ̄ω ̄)