Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Be Careful

We were on my bed. Cayden lay on my lap with his guitar as he strum and sang looking up at me.

"I open my lungs, dear," he sang, "I sing this song at funerals, no rush. These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush."

On the word 'plush' I joined in with my violin and sang, "A baby boy you've held so tightly. This pain it visits almost nightly. Missing hotel beds, I feel your touch."

"I will await dear," he smiled as he sang, "A patience of eternity, my crush."

"A universal still, no rust," I smiled too.

"No dust will even grow on this frame,"

"A million years, I will say your name,"

"I love you more than I can ever scream,"

"Booked our flight those years ago I said I love you as I left you," we sang together, "Regrets still haunt my hollow head, but I promise you, I will see you again. Again."

"I sit here and smile dear," I looked in his calm green eyes, "I smile because I think of you, I blush."

"These bleeding hollow dials, this fuss," his voice was so amazing, "Fuss is made of miles and travel, when roadways are but stones and gravel. A bleeding heart can conquer any crutch."

Our voices and instruments melted together in perfect harmony a we continued with the rest of the song.

"Booked our flight those years ago, you said you loved me as you left me. Regrets still haunt your saddened head but I promised you I will see you. Booked our flight those years ago, I said I loved you and I left you. Regrets no longer in my head, but I promised you and now I'm home again, again, again, again, again, again. I'm home again."

~The Mortician's Daughter, Black Veil Brides~

He stroked my hair, then kissed me tenderly.

"Love birds, song birds!" Paige popped in my room, "Let's get our asses out of here!"
Kisa crawled up to Paige's leg and looked up on her curiously.
"God Gwen, you are so badass," Paige picked up Kisa, "A pet mountain lion. Damn, you're cool."
"Well look who's finally ready," Cayden sat up, "took you long enough."
"Yes well," Paige said airily, running her fingers through her hair which took on a burnt orange colour and was longer than before, "I was told to act more like a feminine creature by my mother dearest."
"You still look the same, right Gwen?" Cayden said, "Babe?"

"Huh?" I really wasn't paying them much attention. I was too busy texting Carlisle.

10:48am

Hey, Carlisle, I'm going out later this evening, call me if anything happens. As a matter a fact, I won't even go if you say I should stay in Forks.

Jesus, you worry WAY too much for a 16yr old. Go out and enjoy yourself. Nothing will happen.

Are you sure?

Positive!

If you say so......

3:31pm

Carlisle, remember I'm going out later today. Is she alright? Should I stay? Does she need me? It's fine if I stay, you know.

Gwendelyn Bright, you will go out today and you will enjoy yourself.

But Carlisle, I think I should really be in Forks! What if something happens?!

NOTHING AT ALL WILL HAPPEN! Where are you heading? Seattle?

No not that far. Port Angeles.

If I know you, I know that you can drive back here fast if you need to. But you won't. STOP STRESSING!

If you say so......

4:52pm

Carlisle, I'm heading out now. Are you sure it's alright?

4:57pm

Carlisle? Answer me.

"He's not replying," I said aloud.
"Who?" Cayden tilted his head slightly.
"Carlisle," I said, staring at the phone.
"The doc?" Paige asked.
"jeez, are you getting all worked up again?" Cayden asked me.
"N-" I began to say, but then Cayden and Paige gave me a 'You're not fooling anybody' look.
"He replied!" I brightened up.

5:01

PERFECTLY FINE!

what took you so long?

did I worry you? :)

yes.... -_-'

Keep in mind, I am a doctor, I do have a lot of patients.

Well, is she alright? No cold, no sudden drop or rise in temperature, no strange infection or rash, nothing right?

She's doing wonderfully. Still complaining about the I.V and still smiling.

Oh man, I don't know why I'm so stressed. God! Why can't everything be easy?!

There there, no need to worry. Nandaleah is in more than capable hands

If you say so......

"Back with us yet R.S?" Paige smiled.
"Not yet," Cayden looked on me, "She still has that spaced out look."
"Huh?" I said somewhat absently as I dialed her number.

"Hello? Miss Gwen?" A nurse answered Nandaleah's phone.
"Yeah," I said quickly, "lemme talk to my sister."
"Sis?" Nandaleah's voice rang out and made me feel more at ease, "You left yet?"
"No, hon not yet." I said, not really knowing why I called her.
"Oh don't tell me you decided not to go," She knew me well, "I'll be FIIIIIINE! STOP GIVING YOURSELF GREY HAIR!"
"But-but," I stammered.
"Gwen, if you are really thinking about me that much, think about me in Port Angeles and buy me a new book," She chuckled.
"I don't know what I'd do if something happened and I wasn't -!" I felt myself getting worked up then Cayden took the phone out of my hand.

"Don't worry Nan," He said using his shoulders to hold the phone to his ear. His hands were preoccupied trying to keep me from getting the phone back. "We'll make sure she has fun."
"That's right!" Paige swiped the phone, "She'll have a good time. I'll even buy you a bag of candy, kid."
There was a slight pause.

"Oh hey doc!" Paige said in a new peppy tone, "Hah ha, you heard that candy thing. Gwen? Oh here she is."
"Thank you!" I grabbed the phone from her hand, "Doc - I mean - Carlisle. Are you SUUUUREE!"
"Look," Carlisle sighed, "I'm going to hang up and you and Cayden and Paige are going to have a wonderful time in Port Angeles this evening. Okay?"
"Carlisle! Tell her bye for me!"
CLICK!

*******************

"Are you sure that you're fine?" Cayden asked rubbing Paige's back. She was coughing really badly.
"Naw dude," she coughed, "It's just the scent of the perfume in this damn place." A woman who was walking near us made a very loud and deliberate sound of disgust. In response, Paige gave the woman the finger.

"Damn," cough, "snooty" cough "bitch ass" cough "Barbie doll!" cough cough cough.
"Cash or credit?" the cashier looked at Paige rather worriedly.
"Cash," Paige cleared her throat and took out her wallet, "Been saving ever since school stared for this dress."
The cashier looked at my eyes an a mystical way and airily asked, "Cash or credit?"
"Debit," I held my debit card with two fingers.
She asked the same question to Cayden. I realized that she thought that he was the most normal looking one of us. Then she noticed his eyeliner and diamond studs.
"Credit," Cayden answered.

Paige was still coughing violently. I noticed that it may have just been a little forced because the same woman was one person behind Cayden.
"You feel a bit warm," i touched her forehead, "I have some Advil in the car if you want."
"Don't wanna sleep through the movie," she coughed.

"Man, I'm gonna look so excellent in this suit at prom," Cayden smiled his arm around my shoulder, "Standing next to my girlfriend who's gonna look 100 times better than everyone in the room!"
"Yes yes," Paige coughed walking towards the door. But not before saying very loudly, "Oh man! Some people should really learn that you spray perfume, not fucking BATHE in it!"
"Christ," Cayden and I rolled our eyes playfully and followed Paige outside.

"AHHH! Fresh air!" She stretched.
"Lets get these in the car," Cayden helped me put the dresses and his grey Armani suit in the car.
"C'mom, c'mom c'mom!" Paige slid in the back seat, very mindful of the clothes, "Movie! Movie! Movie!"
"God, you're such a child," Cayden smiled sliding in the driver seat. He always wanted to drive a Jaguar and was the only person I trusted with my Jag.
I smiled fondly at the two of them didn't realize when we were at the theater.

"Still a bit early for the movie," Cayden absently checked his watch. I checked mine too. It was 7:45. We still had fifteen more minutes. I looked across the street and saw a book store. Remembering my what my sister had said, I told them I was heading to the book store.
"Okay," Cayden said, "We'll buy the tickets." He looked on Paige and she nodded in approval.

"What can I do for you?" A man's gruff voice rang out.
"I'm fine, thanks," I said flatly, not bothering to look on the man.

This wasn't a book store. Oh, no, this was an occult shop. Yes there were books, but there was also strange artifacts and pictures. The room was dusty and and dark. It was very hard to see and breathe. I found a book that looked interesting, but I hand a feeling that it wasn't child friendly. 'CHAUS' was the book's name.

"That means chaos," I said aloud. I looked at the cover. It was a girl with long black jet hair, She was knelling, planting flowers in the earth that was so dry that it was broken. She was in a long white dress that covered her knees and a white parasol was in her hand although the sky was silver with lack of sun.

"What happens when the demon-fox Aleanora joins Heaven in pursuit to find and eliminate a certain someone?" I read from the back of the book. I decided to buy it.
"Here," The man handed me the change, barely looking up from his newspaper.
"Gwendelyn," Bella's plain voice sounded, "Evening."
"Evening," I said back, slightly shocked to see her, "what are you doing here?"
"I was looking for dresses with -um- Jessica," She said Jessica's name with shame, "I've been itching for a new book and I just ended up here."
"Sure," I nodded unbelieving.
I was barely out the room when I heard, "I'd like to see a book on Quileute legends," Bella hesitated before saying, "And vampires."
I smiled.

"Yo!" I joined back with Paige and Cayden.
"Oh R.S!" Paige groaned, "This line is so long that it's criminal!"
"Is that Isabella? The new girl?" Cayden pointed to Bella who was now walking out the door.
"Yeah, Cay," I said looking on her, my mind warning me of something that was to come. Where the hell is that human walking off to? Doesn't she know that it's dangerous at night.
"Hey," Paige coughed, "look at that dude."
"He has a few friends," Cayden said, worry sliding in his voice.
"Something bad is going to happen," I said barely audiable.

Like clockwork, the six men surrounded Bella. She looked like he was trying to put on a brave front but she was obviously overestimating herself. One of the men reached for her chest.

"Oh shit!" All three of us said at once. Cayden and Paige jumped out of the line to joined me in running to help Bella.
My foot was just on the road when Cayden grabbed me backwards yelling, "Watch out!"
His grab was full of so much force that the two of us ended up on the sidewalk. "Ow," I tried to groan not so loud for Cayden to hear.
"You fine baby?" He helped me get up.
"Yeah," I stood next to him.
"Motherfucker," Paige looked in awe at the Volvo that almost ran me over in its epic swerve.
"THAT GUY!" I growled under my breath.
"Is that Cullen?" Paige coughed as Edward jumped out of the Volvo and punched the guy who reached for Bella chest. Then he grabbed her arm and basically threw her in the passenger seat.

The men tried to stop edward from leaving. They picked up bottles and some even took out knives. I knew it took Edward just about every ounce of concentration that he had with him to not kill any of them.

"Bitches!" Paige smiled and nodded in approval at the fight.
"Shouldn't we help him?" Cayden looked on me questioningly.
"That guy is fine," I turned my back on the fight, standing akimbo. Then something occurred to me. He's gonna have to take her home. They're gonna have to have contact. No fucking way I was going to miss that.

"Can we follow them please?!" I turned to Cayden and Paige.
"What d'you mean?" Paige coughed. Edward had just finished beating the last guy senseless, without shedding one drop of blood. "Them?"
"Yeah!" Something really interesting is gonna happen!" I smiled.
"Man," Paige coughed,"I was really looking forward to this movie."
"We haven't bought the tickets yet," I reasoned, "And your coughing is horrid. You really should rest."
"If it's anything we can come next week," Cayden took my side.
"Nah," Paige sighed, "I got something to do for my old man."
"Then the other week then!" I said quickly, "That movie with Milla Jovovich is coming out."
"The one with Nicolas Cage and Denzel Washinton?!" Paige said excitedly.
"Yes yes!" I rushed her. Edward and Bella still haven't driven off yet. They were chatting with confused faces.
"Okay!" she smiled.
"Fine by me," Cayden shrugged.
"Brilliant!" I grinned wide as I open the car door, "Cay lemme drive this time!"

****************

"She seems to be having fun," Paige snickered looking at me in the passenger seat.
"What are we looking at exactly?" Cayden asked from the back seat, bored out of his skull.
" 'Your hand is so cold,' " I strained to read Bella's lips, "aw look at him, completely and absolutely baffled!"
"Hey what's that commotion?" Cayden pointed.
"Police lights," Paige mused.
"We should check it out," Cayden said with slight interest.
"Suuuure," I said realizing that Edward and Bella where heading the same way.

"Bella!" Charlie grabbed his daughter in a hug. He and his police friends were in front the precinct listening to the police radio. "I was so worried when you didn't pick up your phone!"
"Edward...." Bella said, "took care of me."
"Good night chief," Edward said in politeness. Charlie responded in a grunt and nod.
"But where's Jessica?" he asked.

"Charlie!" I called out to him, making my trio known and saving Bella from an awkward explanation.
"Gwen?" Charlie began stuttering, "But - but where are you kids coming from?"
"I hope not Seattle!" One of the officers called out.
"No sir!" Paige yelled.
"We were in Port Angeles Chief Swan," Cayden said with politeness. He grunted as he looked on him and Paige in dissatisfaction.
"You were in the book store with me," Bella said to me, "Did you see, what happened after?"
"Huh?" I said feigning ignorance, hoping my companions would follow suit, "What are you talking about?"
"What happened afterwards?" Charlie said sternly.
"It's nothing Char- Dad," Bella said, "I told you already, Edward took care of me."

"So Chief Swan, what's happening here?" Cayden asked friendly, trying to do Edward, who was observing silently, a favour.
Charlie looked on Cayden with perfect scrutiny. Looking on his ebony hair that had gotten a little longer than his shoulders, his dark liquid eyeliner, his naturally pink lips, then finally glaring at his diamond studs.

Charlie then turned to Paige. He looked at her not as long as he looked at Cayden. He glanced at her orange hair, purple lip stick and black nails. His eyes looked at the red choker Paige had around her neck in disdain.

"Well if you must know," Charlie said in a sneering voice that his face barely showed, "There was some freaky murder near Seattle."
"Another one?" I asked.
"Yes," Charlie said a bit more kinder, "But this one is closer than the last one. What's really frightening is that there was literally no evidence."
"Oh come now Chief," Edward spoke for the first time, "There must be at least something."
"Nope!" Charlie shook his head and furrowed his brow that was wet with sweat despite the early February being so cold, "No fingerprints, no sign of physical injury or poison, no eye witnesses. And there freaky part is, victims were drained of blood. Gives me the chills just thinking about it."
That's so-!" Paige said then caught herself. I knew she was going to say something inappropriate, her love for the supernatural and all.

"That is scary," I folded my arms, trying to cover up what Paige said, "That sounds like some sort of Satan worship. Maybe the police up there should check out all suspected cults and stuff." Yes, after all, I did have experience with cults in the past.
"That's pretty smart of you," Charlie winked at me, "I'll send up that info. In the meantime, you kids should head home, it's getting late."
"And I am feeling a bit tired," Paige yawned, "That's weird for me, so I must really need to get home!"
"Sure," I smiled at her.

"Well then Bella," Edward started reaching for her hand.
"Eh eh eh!" Charlie took Bella's shoulders, "I got this."
"Dad," Bella sighed and rolled her eyes.
"No, it's perfectly fine," Edward said graciously.

******************

I tried to smother myself with my pillow. It was 2 in the morning. why was he here? Did he come to torment me? Is this revenge for all the time I pushed him away? All I wanted to do in that moment was disappear. But still he kept on talking, making me relive last night's events to which I was apathetic to. Why won't he stop talking? Why?

"All the dirty thoughts they were thinking!" Edward exploded and walked around my room, "God! Humans are the WORST!"
"She's a human too you know," I took my face from the pillow.
"Yes but she's different," Edward waved his hand as if shooing a fly.
"I was there you know!" I blurted out, "You don't need to fucking remind me of every detail of her almost rape, and you stalking her and -!"
"YOU WERE THERE?!" Edward growled, "AND DIDN'T TRY TO HELP HER!"
"You motherfucker," I snarled, "Hell yeah I ran out to help her! And I soon as my foot touched the asphalt, you're silver Volvo almost ran me the hell over!"
"Really?" he said innocently.
"The fuck! Are you honestly telling me that you don't remember almost making me road-kill!"
"No," He said sheepish.
"Goodnight Edward," I shook my head at him.

"No!" he protested, "Stay up and talk with me!"
"Don't you have sisters!" I was getting irritable, "Don't you have brothers! And a mother and father! Leave me the hell alone! I need sleep, THEY DON'T!
"Yeah but," edward said, kinda sad," They're all busy."
"Sex." I rolled my eyes
Edward smiled in response.
"You're really lonely aren't you," I said, "So you have to find people you can talk to freely. That person is me isn't it?"
He said nothing.
"Fine, you can talk to me as much as you want," I laid my head on my pillow, "but I won't guarantee a response."
"Thanks." I could tell he was smiling.
"Hey, Edward,"
"Yes,"
"I really hope that, you and Bella can get together," I said then drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. I wish that you guys would comment more. No matter how much I beg. Nothing. Love ya still

xoxo Kanon-sama (*ノ・ω・)