Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Promises of A big sister

"Oh! So do you like me better now," He said as he helped me with my bag.
"Don't get cocky. I still don't like you, Edward Cullen," I said taking my bag from him and walking to the door. He followed me.
"But you just - "
"That means nothing," We just walked out the door when a strong arm warped around my neck.
"Hello Miss Dragon SLAYAH!" someone said.

the person was an Asian boy with high cheek bones and sullen cheeks. He had dark hair that was to his shoulders and very light brown eyes that looked strange against his almost brown-seeming complexion.

"And you are?" I said regaining my lost composure.
"Oh," He said taking his arm off my neck and violently and unceremoniously shaking my hand, "Nice to meet ya. The name's Eric Yorkie. And you're, um, Alexandria was it?"
"No. My name is Gwendelyn Bright. Alexandria's Genesis is the name of the mutation. Honestly, I -"
"See! I told you her name was Gwendelyn." a small faced girl with long black hair in a messy pony-tail and wearing dark blue framed glasses said.
"Don't mind this guy, he's a geek," she said smiling and pointing to Eric.
"Hurt!" Eric said to her giving her a look of mock-pain and holding his hand to his heart.
"You seem rather mousy yourself, Miss," I said.
"Oh ho! Oh ho ho ho ha!" Eric laughed and the girl's smile fell, "I think you just became my new best friend Gwendelyn."

Did I do something wrong? All I did was say what was true.

"Whatever," the girl rolled her eyes at Eric, "Anyways, do you want to have lunch with us today? A few others will join us. Since you're new and all, we can show you around and stuff if you want,"
I was about to deny her offer, Because Eric and her alone would be too much for me to tolerate when she interrupted my train of though and said.

"Oh and don't call me 'Miss.' I'm Angela Webber. My big sis is the Miss in our family,"
'Crap,' I thought to myself, 'I promised my sister I would make friends at school. Tsk! These people probably already find me strange. Wait, no! They invited me to lunch. I don't really like them though. They seem like the happy-go-luck type of people who smile too much and run at the first sign of emotion. Classic examples of American stereo-types. Well I promised my sister, I would have to do it.'

"Fine. I accept your invitation to lunch," I said. I then realized that I haven't seen Edward.
"Nice, so see ya," Eric said.
"Oh are you looking for someone?" Angela inquired.
"Yes, I am. Edward Cullen. He was walking with me but we seemed to have gotten separated," I explained. Their faces look troubled when I said his name. They looked on each other for a brief moment then looked back at me.

"We don't really hang with the Cullens," Angela said with a forced and worried expression.
"Why? Is there something wrong with them?" It wasn't a worried question. It was more of a question daring her to find something wrong with Edward. He's a little strange, but then again, aren't we all? I hate people like these two. People who judge others by their differences.

"Well it's not that there's anything wrong with them," Eric looked as if he was trying to find the words to say, "It's just that - "
"They're strange and different somehow. I-I can't really place it but," Angela interrupted, "If I were you I'd stay away from Edward. He acts as if he's too good for everyone here. If you fall for him he'll probably just rip your heart an' eat - "

Eric elbowed Angela as a warning. Obviously Edward was coming. Honestly, I truly hate people like that. Who only talk behind peolpe's backs and judging by how they're desperately trying to make a proper face, when Edward gets here, they'll probably act friendly.

"So we'll see you at lunch?" Angela smiled a big smile.
I nodded.
"Cool," Eric said. Then Edward came. "Edward! Bro! How's it hanging?"
"Hi Eric, Angela," Edward said in the most polite voice I've ever heard. He wore a smile that looked gentle and sincere. "I'm fine."
"Well that's good to know!" Angela said giving him thumbs up and putting emphasis on the good. "Um, I like your shirt!" She continued.
"Thank you, my sister bought it for me,"
"Rosalie?"
"No, Alice,"
"How is Alice?" Eric said with twice as much false peppines as Angela.
"She's fine. Thanks for asking,"
"Well anyways, we have that hard ass Art teacher Mr Kent to deal with now. And to top it off were late! Yikes!" Angela said to me, "Ah well you'll meet him soon enough."
"Actually no, I took that course in Sociology instead of Art," I said.
"Well let's go," Edward smiled grabbing my arm and walking of with me, "We can't have our new student late twice."
I made that 'tsk' sound again and scowled at his back. I turned to wave at Angela and Eric and I noticed they shot me a warning look.

"Honestly, you're almost as boorish as that teacher earlier," I said this, but got no reply. He just kept on walking with me.

"Would you please let go of my arm, you're cold," I continued, he stilled made no response, and did not release my arm "How childish of you. Are you jealous of them? We'll don't be. Those people don't have a redeeming quality in them."

"Could it be that you're trying to cheer me up?" he said finally and turned to me and smiled, "How sweet, have you fallen for me?"
"Don't get arrogant. I don't like arrogant people," I narrowed my eyes at him.
"I though you didn't like me so there should be much difference there should there?" replied he.
"Correct, but I dislike arrogant people more,"

I realized that we were at our classroom door so I went in. I was prepared to apologize but the teacher wasn't there yet. Everyone was talking and sitting on desks and paper air-planes zoomed through the sky. A few persons were tweeting and a group was watching something on someone's phone.

"Honesty, what a bunch of people who don't know the stress of life," I sighed as I tried to make my way in.
"In what way am I arrogant?" Edward asked as he trudged with me.
"Isn't that conversation dead?" I said.
"Did you kill it?" asked he.
"Yes, with a dagger soaked in poison," was my reply although I knew he was joking.
"Well I have fed it the antidote and it lives once more,"
"Impossible. There is no antidote,"
"I made one,"
"The poison acts quickly and you are too late,"
"I knew of your unlawful deed before you performed it, therefore, I cannot be late,"
"Then why does it lay dead?"
"Our conversation feigns death, while it only lies dormant, waiting to erupt once more,"
"Which is exactly why I don't want you to be arrogant,"
"I'm not following you,"
"I'll explain soon enough, but as for now I'm not sure,"
"You're not sure of what?"
"Honestly, are you going to make me repeat myself? I said I would explain soon enough,"
"Ah, here our seats," he pointed.

There were two empty seat beside someone who wasn't taking part in the 'merriment.' I looked and there was a boy. He had pale skin like Edward's and golden eyes. His hair was blond and in what I think they called, a mop-head. He seemed to have a strained look on his face, like he was constipated and in pain at the same time or something similar.

When I approached him he put on a little smirk. It was the same smirk that Edward had. I clenched my fist and began to feel pissed of again. Then mop-head's smirk fell. Good. And I was taken by a sudden calm. I sighed and sat down beside him. (Edward had sat in the chair beside mine to ensure that I was sitting beside this person. Honestly, I haven't experienced him for a day and he's already causing me trouble.)

I turned to the boy and tapped him on the shoulder. Why was I doing this though? I usually don't do these sort of things. It was bad enough that I paired with the Mischievous Edward and those two clowns Eric and Angela, but I'm approaching mop-head too? Honestly, my sister must have put a spell on me to ensure that I meet someone I like.

"Yes," mop-head said. He had a Southern Accent, Texas maybe.
"Excuse me, but may I ask what's wrong with you?" I said in my natural cold seeming tone.
"I beg your pardon?" he said confused.
"You look like you're in pain. Try Pepto-Bismal. Personally I've never had the problem of constipation myself, however, the commercial said that it is good. Then again, thinking logically, the commercials are -"
"Woah, woah, woah, woah! Back up," He said making circles in the air and knitting his brows at me, "Who said anything about me being constipated!"
"Your face says it all," I said simply. Edward who had been suppressing laughs finally let out a snort.
The boy took a deep sigh and face-palmed, "Finally Edward gets a girlfriend and brings her to meet me, and the first thing she does is insult me,"
"Watch it Jasper! As if!" Edward said scoffing.
"I'm I that repulsive?" I said without looking at him.
"Wait- what? No! I-I didn't mean it that way- and I- no ! You're," he struggled to find words. I looked at him through my peripheral vision. He looked completely to flustered. Perfectly flustered. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. It felt too real and fake at the same time. Jasper was the same. He didn't give me that edgy feeling Edward gave me, but still I feel unsafe around them. Yet I feel like they couldn't hurt me even if they wanted to.

"Oh, would you look at that, I started a fight," Jasper said mischievously, "Could this be the couple's first fight!" I didn't pay much mind to him. I was chiding myself for having such a foolish feeling.
"Fine! Fine! You're cute okay! You're very cute," Edward told me.
"Hnm" I sounded.
"What?" he asked, "been a while since you've been called cute?"
"No. Well yes, but that's not the reason," I told him, "And please don't call me cute."
"Well then, what's the reason?" Jasper said finally being a little serious.
"It's been a while since I've teased someone," I said.
"We're you-?" Edward stammered, "You little!'
"Jasper, was your name, correct?" I asked Jasper completely ignoring Edward just for the fun of it.
"Yes ma'am, Jasper Cullen, and I am the best looking of my brothers if I do say so myself," he smiled big.
"You do say so yourself," Edward scoffed.
"Jasper is a nice name," I said.
"Why thank you kindly," Jasper replied.
"And Edward isn't?" Edward asked looking rather upset.
"No. It's such a dirty common name isn't it? Nowhere as classy and unique as Jasper! Right?" Jasper said to me with a huge smile on his face.
"Precisely, it's just as Jasper said." I nodded.
"Oh!" Edward fumed at Jasper.
"You mad bro?" Jasper said pulling one of the best troll-faces I've ever seen.
"May I ask something?" I said.
"Shoot," They both said at the same time.
"Are one of you adopted? Although you both are VERY pale, and you both have golden eyes, your physical features are very different," I inquired.
"Actually we all are adopted," this was Edward speaking, "our parent's names are Esme and Carlisle, they adopted us all." Carlisle, why does that name ring a bell?
"Us all?," This was me talking, "Oh yes, you did mention sisters."
"That's right, Alice and Rosalie. And we have another brother, Emmet. He and Rose are a grade above us," Jasper explained.

"Gwendelyn, do you have any siblings?" Edward asked. I'm not sure what word to use to describe his voice, except 'on purpose.' He seemed to ask that because he knew that I had a sister or at least suspected it.

"Yes, I have a younger sister, Nandaleah. She's nine," I said.
"What a pretty name," Jasper crooned.
"Yes, quite unique," Edward said with a smart looking smile.
"You jelly, Eddie?" Jasper jibbed with that extraordinary troll-face.
Edward picked up a book and threw it in Jasper's direction, missing me by an inch. Jasper caught it and with that same quick motion he threw it back in Edward's direction. The speed at which the book was moving caused it to open and slap Edward squarely in the his face.

It was so funny, I had to chuckle.
"Look! I made her laugh!" Jasper said.
"So did your face crack?" Edward teased.
"As if anything like that could happen!" I said embarrassed, "Honestly, when is the teacher going to be here? This class is so boisterous!"
"Ah! Don't be such a stick in the mud!" Jasper smiled, "so tell us about yourself, where ya from? How old are you? What are ya hobbies? What do you want to be in life?"
"New York, I turned sixteen yesterday, I like to read and listen to music and I want to be a paediactric psychiatrist and author," I said remembering his order.
"My comments to that in order are," his shook his head from side to side, "A city girl! Wow, you're young, and Happy Belated Birthday! Same here plus the Internet and swimming. Good goals, you could teach Emmet a thing or two about determination."
"I'm telling him you said that," Edward joked in a child-like voice.
"Oh no! What ever shall I do?" Jasper said in mock fear, "Please, I could take him any day."
"I would like to meet your family. They seem like an interesting bunch," I smiled.

"LOOK SHE'S SMILING AGAIN!" Edward pointed out.
"Excellent! NEW ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!" Jasper punched the air, "and just for that, you can have lunch with us today!"
"She can't she has a lunch date with Angela and Eric's friends," Edward noted. I looked on him quickly. I didn't mention that to him. If he heard that himself, then that means, he heard the rest that followed. He heard them insult him and his family and he just took it like that. Ha! I was unsure before but I'm sure now.

"Yes?" Edward's face questioned why I turned to him. I simply shook my head and grinned. It was my turn for a all-knowing smirk.
"Not yet. I'm waiting for a perfect time for a dramatic announcement," I smirked.
Edward's eyes narrowed slightly. The he rolled them. "Come, come. Stop being so cryptic."
"Could this be a code between our two lovers?" Jasper said to no one in particular.
"Isn't that conversation dead?" Edward quoted me.
"Did you kill it?" Jasper smiled, "well you can come after school if you want, Gwendelyn."
"I promised my sister I would visit her today. She's in the hospital here," I said going back to my monotonous voice.
"Oh my god!" Edward exclaimed looking actually shocked.
"Is she sick?" Jasper said concerned.
"The bones in her legs are very weak and brittle. Most of the time she has to stay in bed because they get broken somehow. She can't even stand on her own even with crutches because they shake her leg too much. Sometimes, when her legs aren't broken, she goes in a wheel-chair. She also has a weak immune system and had to breathe filtered air for a while. The doctors are honestly puzzled, they don't know what to think. She's blind too, but that psychosomatic. She witnessed her mother's death and ever since she's locked off her sight. But it's improved her hearing though," Even I heard the emotion in my voice. The emotion crying for my precious little sister.

"Oh my God," They both said breathlessly. They looked as if they couldn't find the words to say.
"I'm so sorry," Edward looked genuinely sorry for me.
"That's just - that's just so sad, I can't -" Sympathy for me flooded in Jasper's eyes as he tried to find someway to express his emotion, "I mean wow, I honestly don't know what to say other than I'm sorry you and your sister are going through this. You seem to love her a lot."
"I do!" I exclaimed a little too quick, "she's like all I have now." I said that part more to myself.
"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that," Jasper said.
"It's nothing. Never-mind," I turned my head away from him.

"Wait - before did you say 'her mother'?" Edward questioned.
"Huh?" I replied not knowing what he was talking about.
"Your sister, you said she had psychosomatic blindness because she witnessed her mother's death," He explained.
"Yes. Her mother was mugged and shot in broad day light. Nandaleah fainted because of shock and when she woke up again, she was blind." I in turn said.
"What dirty people we live with in this world," Jasper scoffed.
"Yes, I quite agree with you," I sighed.
"No no, that's not what I meant," Edward slightly frustrated because I was straying from his point, "What I mean is, you don't share the same mother?"
"That's correct, I'm adopted. I share no blood with Nandaleah or her family. But she will always be my little sister," I noticed how Jasper and Edward seemed to smile at my last sentence.

"You're a sentimental one aren't you," Jasper smiled while messing up my short, dark brown hair. His hand felt cool and sent electric through my body. It was like it was warning me to get away. I ignored it. Honestly, what is with me today?
"You act all tough but you really are a kind person," Edward gave me that same all-knowing look he gave me in our prior class.
"Be quiet, you're annoying me," I said coldly to Edward.
"How precious!" Jasper and Edward said simultaneously and very on purpose because they wanted to upset me. Honestly, I just met them today and they already now how to get under my skin.

I looked down and got a little serious, "I have a question. Do you guys view me in a different light now? Do you find me pitiable?"
"Why would we do that?" Jasper blinked. I opened my mouth a little. I was expecting an answer like that but still, I could help to be but shocked.
"It's not that what's going on in your family isn't sad, but just knowing that doesn't change the fact that you are the same girl we met earlier today," Edward said in a simple manner. I had to take a small gasp and my eyes opened up a little. A strange emotion filled me. It was like love, I think.

"Really," I said in a small voice as Jasper said a word of agreement to Edward. My head snapped up to look at them. If God had made me more sensitive, I probably would have been crying. I felt the muscles in my face relax a little.

"Yes, really," The both smiled and looked at me very friendly.
"And my sister's name isn't strange?" I smiled small.
"Didn't we go through this already?" edward chuckled.
"Ah, he's just jealous that he doesn't have pretty name," Jasper mock-punched him.
"Well then I've decided," I chuckled, "I was uncertain about Edward and didn't know what to think about Jasper, but I now know that the both of you have passed. Yes, I'm quite certain."
"Passed? Passed what?" Jasper looked puzzled. Naturally he would.
"Is this what you were talking about? That 'you'll find out in time thing'?" Edward said in a 'just-get-on-with-it voice.
"Excatlly," I smiled and closed my eyes as I put my elbows on the desk and rested my chin on my interlocked fingers. I was not about to let Edward ruin my dramatic moment.
"So what did we pass?" Jasper sounded intrigued.
I crossed my legs and set myself in an aristocratic frame of mind and body, "Edward Cullen and Jasper Cullen, I have determined that you are in fact, not human!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Did ya like it! Comment pweese! xoxo Kanon-sama