Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Who is who in this mad world?

*****EDWARD'S P.O.V*****

I didn't know what she meant by that, 'not human' thing. She didn't mean that we were vampires, Jasper and I, or at least I didn't think so. Her mind ran at an amazing speed to me. I could barely pick up words on our first encounter. That's why my eyes were closed in Biology before. She is definitely the first person to shock me. Especially what happened with her sister. Her change in emotion was very unexpected. This was a feeling that I had no idea to understand. For once I felt a lot less 'all-knowing.' I'm not sure where I picked that up from.

And it wasn't just her mind. It was just about everything about her. Her strange purple eyes that seem so inviting. Her cold voice that repelled everyone one. The hardness of her stare. The rigidity in her face that seemed so soft. Her flawless pale skin was so warm. I loved the way how she viewed the world. Like it was disgusting and lacked everything good. Like it was full of false smiles and hypocrites. And people who only stayed with someone for beneficial purposes. I had a strange feeling for her. It was like I wanted to see her every emotion. Pain, rage, frustration, anger, joy, love, happiness, sadness, grief. What was wrong with me? It was like she was a toy to me, a game. I don't know why, but it seems like it would be fun to fuck around with her.

'Did she find out?' Jasper thought.
I shook my head so fast that only he, a vampire would see.
'Then what did she mean by that?' he continued to ask me more of what I wasn't sure about.
"Not sure," I said softly. Only his ears would pick it up.
'What do you mean you're not sure?!' he was getting anxious.

I honestly meant what I said. I was not sure. I was not sure? These words seem so strange to me. What was Gwendelyn really? She looked human enough and yet, I can't hear her heart-beating it's more like a gentle hum that you have to really strain your ears to hear. Her scent was like an off-scent. I can't really place it. It would be like what humans think water would smell like if it had a scent. It was like she blended in. Like she wasn't even there. But she was. It's so interesting.

*****JASPER'S P.O.V*****

What was it with this girl? Her views, her face, her eyes, her small frame, her attitude, her scent, her very existence, her emotions. It was like no human's I've ever encountered. It was different, she was different. She wasn't boring like others. She looked and she saw the world in her own way. She seemed to be able to keep her emotion in check. Her emotion which was so odd in a way.

It was like she was an entity. A separate being to us all. She saw things humans didn't see. She was like me in a way. It was like she could read people and their reactions. I'm not sure what to make of what she said though. She was smart, she seemed to sense something different about Edward and my self. Edward assured me that she didn't know about our secret. But he said that he wasn't sure what she meant by what she said. That was the only sign I needed. The only sign I needed to know that there was something off about her.

I didn't really needed him to tell me that though. All that proved to do was add to my suspicion. Her scent was so strange. I couldn't even hear her heart, but I felt the warmth radiate from her body. Humans are such weak things, but she seemed like she could take us on.

Maybe I was losing it, but there was something about the cold look in her eyes that hid a fury and pain that frightened me and twisted me up inside. She was hiding something, I felt it. Like a great pain which relived again would just break her apart. In the same frame of mind, I sensed a great strength and powerful presence coming from her fragile looking body. I can't really place her, I can't really describe her. She was too contradictory to make sense.

A strong heart that doesn't beat. A cold stare hiding pain. A fury raging under the eye of the storm. A human stronger than a vampire. A beautiful blood-bath. These were the words that described her. This little human, who was so different, I think she'll be fun to have around.

Edward raised an eyebrow at me. I ignored it. Damn him for entering my thoughts like that.

"What do you mean by that?" I chuckled at Gwendelyn. It would appear that she's back to how she was before.
"Think me childish if you may," she started, "but, I truly hate humans. I've never considered myself one. But I've come to realize that amongst the weed flowers grow."
"You're losing me here Gwendelyn," Edward spoke.
"I classify people under two categories, humans and non-humans," She explained in her cold tone, "Humans are those who lie, cheat, are hypocrites, are judgmental. Humans are those who pick on the weak and causes pain to others. How disgusting of it to want to hurt someone, to want to cause pain to another, to shun others because of their differences," she scoffed at this point, "It's so disgusting,"

This disgust in her voice was evident. There was anger deep within her. Anger and mistrust. Her body slightly shook. All the rage and pain bottle up in her just waiting to erupt.

"Now, now," Edward tried to placate her and put his hand on her tiny shoulder, "humans aren't all that bad. Some of them are actually good people."
"Them," she sounded calm, "I liked ho you didn't group yourself with humans. I know some people are good, that's why I've classified you and Jasper as non-humans."

'She's all I have now.' I remembered her words. For her sake, I acted like I didn't hear them, but what kind of pain she's through to make her feel alone like that. Did she have friends back in New York? Maybe she was bullied because of her eyes. But the big question was, 'why was she adopted?' Did she grow up an orphan? Did her parents die when she was younger? What if she was a run-away? Does that mean she was abused at home, or something similar? Why was I worrying so much about her? Huh.

"I don't know Edward, I have to agree with her," I finally spoke, "this world is full of a bunch of scum-bags and low-lives. The world would be a much better place without a good amount of those people.
"Don't go putting ideas in her head!" Was his response.
"Honestly, stop treating me like a child. I'm capable enough to make sensible decisions," Gwendely scoffed.

"I'm so so sorry I'm late class!" a peppy voice walked in. It was our English teacher, "Well then, shall we get started?"

*****GWENDELYN'S P.O.V*****

Our teacher finally walked in. I expected the class would rush to fix themselves properly but instead, they slowly made their way to their seat. A lot of people were grumbling. From this I can deduce that the teacher is the type of person you can walk over, or she really just doesn't care.

She was taller than me but shorter than Edward. She had long bronze hair like his, but hers was lighter. She had glasses too. Big one's like in the Harry Potter movies. She was around forty but had the vibe of a teenager. She sat at he desk and held he small face in her hands.

"Ohhh," she said in a lazy smiling voice, "it looks like we have a new student in our midst. Young man, why don't you stand up and introduce yourself to the class."

Irritation trickled in my features. Edward snickered and Jasper just looked away. I stood up slamming my hands on the desk. Again with this foolishness. Honestly, the people here are so intolerable.
"I'm not any less of a girl," I started, "because I don't treat my face like a colouring-book or have long hair stretching down my back!"
"You forgot your flat-chest and your lesbian appearance!" I looked in the direction where the voice was coming from. It was a girl from Biology. I recognized her because she was one of the suck ups that didn't stand up. I ignored her. She wasn't worth my time.

"Now, now, let's all be friends here," the teacher continued with her expression unchanged, "sorry for the mix-up, Miss.....um?"
"Bright, Gwedelyn Bright," I said.
"Bright, now everyone take out your Romeo and Juliet," she smiled, "I'm Mrs Jetters
"Excuse me, Miss, but wasn't A Tale of Two Cities this semester?" I inquired.
"No no no," she still smiled her small smile,"That was only recommended reading. Don't worry though, I'm sure Mr Cullen or Mr Cullen two would be willing to share with you."
"Thank you," I was about to sit down when she asked me something.

"Miss Bright, are you familiar with the text however?" She looked expecting. She smiled still.
"Yes," I answered.
"Very familiar?" she pried.
"Yes, I would say so myself,"
"Ho?" she leaned back in her chair, "you think you are familiar with it?"
"Yes, I believe I am familiar with it," I said without emotion, "May I sit down now Miss?"
She stood up and pointed dramatically at me, "So familiar, if I gave you a test at this very moment, would you be able to respond correctly, and quote a line word for word in the unabridged version?"
"Yes, I'm quite confident," I said simply, "Honestly, why do you pester me with questions like that?"
"Act one scene one, Romeo's first appearance, Romeo speaks to whom?'
"Benvolio," I answered.
"What is Romeo's relation with Benvolio?"
"They are cousins, Lord Montague's nephew."
"Who was Juliet's cousin?"
"Tybalt,"
"What was the name of the girl Romeo was in love with at the start of the play?"
"Rosaline,"
"Who was Juliet to marry in accordance to her father's wishes?"
"County Paris,"
"What is the name of Juliet's nurse's child?"
"Susan,"
"Is Susan an important character in this play? Explain your answer."
"No she is not. She died before the time-setting of the play began."

There was a silence as the class watched. Some were awe while the majority rolled their eyes and scoffed. The girl who insulted me was one of them. Mrs Jetters smiled in an amused way, like she found a question that couldn't be answered. She spoke with determination and dropped her smiled.

"In the entire play of Romeo and Juliet, what was Romeo's seventh line?" was her question.
I heard some persons in the class chuckling. Our teacher smiled, thinking she has got me in a corner. I took a deep breath.

" 'Why, such is love's transgressions: griefs of mine own lie heavy in my breast, which thou wilt propagate to have it press'd with more of thine; this love that thou hast shown doth add more grief to too much of mine own. Love is a smoke made with the fumes of sighs, being purg'd a fire sparkling in lover's eyes, being vex'd, a sea nourish'd with loving tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall, and a preserving sweet. Farewell, my coz,' " I quoted.

Mrs Jetters had been following in her copy. She looked slightly surprised, then when back to her smile. She flopped herself in her chair and her hair flew up and gently went back down.
"Very good, Gwendelyn," I didn't know what to make of her calling me by my first name.
"Thank you," I said.
"Clap, clap, clap," she clapped her hands each time she said 'clap', "You may sit. Now, everyone, turn to Act three, scene five. Perhaps Miss Bright with the pretty purple eyes would like to be our Juliet in this scene."
"No, thank you," I said as I sat down.

Jasper and Edward looked on me as if I his a secret from them.
"I have good memory," I said.
"Yah! You have a photographic memory or something," Jasper said.
"Wow, you must really like the play!" Edward noted.
"Actually I hate it," I confessed.
"I can say that's the first time I've heard of someone hating Romeo and Juliet," Jasper said.
"But then, why do you know so much about it?" Edward asked.
"Think a little, you can't hate something you don't know," I said, "it's simple really."
"Man, you have some pretty deep meanings to things," Jasper said.
"It the same as loving. You can't love something you're a stranger to," I continued, "People are often taken away by appearances and never really look deep in to something. It's the same with some women. They look and see a rich handsome man and immediately thinks that she is her Knight in Shining Armour. Then next thing you know he's abusive or a bigot, well you get the idea."
"Are you speaking from experience?" Jasper asked, it was an honest question, not one meant to insult.
"Me? Oh no, God no!"

*************************

The rest of class proved to be uneventful. The bell for lunch rang and Mrs Jetters reminded us about an assignment. I picked up my bag, looked down and sighed.
"What has you upset?" Jasper asked, offering me an orange Tic-Tac.
"I really shouldn't be saying this behind their backs, but," I started.
"But what?"
"I have those clowns to deal with now," I sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I am soo soo sorry for such a crappy chapter! Comment and if you see mistakes I wrote this late at night so yep! Love yah! xoxo Kanon-sama ^_^