Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

The Cullen Kids.

"So I said 'No! that is my dog!' and we all just bust up laughing," she said, "Gwendelyn, you okay? You haven't said anything yet?"
"I'm fine,' I responded.

The person talking was Jessica Stanley. She was one of the persons Angela said would be joining us. She is a girl who just doesn't know when to be quiet. She just keeps talking on and on and on about trivial matters no one really cares about. She was pretty enough though. She has dark brown hair and blue eyes. Her skin is light with small freckles. Apparently, her family moved to Forks when she was younger. They were originally from Texas but she didn't have a heavy southern accent like Jasper.

Speaking of the Cullens, I met Edward and Jasper's older brother Emmet. I don't care how brief the encounter was, it was still an encounter.

I met him as we walked out of English class. He towards them saying that their sister, Alice, needed help with something. He didn't even notice me. He told them that it was urgent and literally grabbed their arms and walked with them. When he took a second look, he noticed me, gave me a confused look and waved to me very stupidly and confused. I waved back.

He was very muscular. He has dark brown hair that is cut short. He was extremely tall. One of the tallest persons I've ever met. He was also good-looking. Not like his brothers, but in his own unique way. He was different in the way that he had the innocent look of a child. His dimples only added to that look. Funny enough, he was pale and had golden eyes as well.

"What's on your mind, purple," Eric said to me.
"I was wondering why you called me a dragon slayer when we first met," I lied.
"Oh that's because you totally slayed that wicked teacher Mr. Blone in Bio today," Angela chimed in, "Everyone calls him a dragon, even the teachers. You guys should have seen it, Gwendelyn literally stopped the guy in his tracks with that glare of hers."

Ben, who was sitting on the other side of the bench, finally looked up from his comic book and said, "No way,"
"Oh, dude you so had to be there," Eric said.
"I can NOT believe that!" Jessica laughed goofy, "the new girl slayed the dragon of Forks High! Wow!"

"You're like a hero," Ben looked astounded. He was a quiet boy from what I could tell so far. He didn't really speak unless someone spoke directly to him and the only time I've heard him speak hitherto, was when Angela introduced me to him. Then of course the natural question of my eyes.

Ben seems like your class A geek. (What an ugly term. I couldn't find another description.) He wore big glasses and has light brown hair and eyes that looked strange against his ruddy skin. His nose was a bit big and looked like it was broken at least twice. His lips were thin and pink and his ears were small and red. He was too disassociated at the time for me to place him. The others at this table were obviously human, but he was too quiet right now.

"Oh here come the others," Jessica said, looking to her left (Yes, we were expecting more -.-') "Lauren! Tyler! MIKE! Hi guys! We're over here!"

To my great dislike, I recognized two of the faces. One was the boy who called me a boy earlier in the day. He had brown skin, black hair and brown eyes set deep in their sockets. He has strong features and looked barely muscular compared to Emmet. Upon seeing me, his face looked frustrated which caused wrinkles to form on his large forehead.

The other face was the my class mate in Biology and Literature. The girl who insulted my appearance. She didn't notice me yet. Her little nose that seemed to disdain everything was in a book titled 'The Knight and the Pauper's Advocate.' She was pretty, I'm not going to deny it. Her long light blonde hair stretched down to the small of her back. Her dark green eyes and slender face were focused on her silly looking pink book. She was slender but this was eclipsed by her large chest and plump thighs. I noticed that she seems to wear clothes that accented these features.

I didn't really notice the other face much. I was too busy examining the faces I knew. But when I finally came to him, I saw that his eyes were locked on to me. He was an awkward looking boy with a 'thin' looking appearance and a dumb look on his face. Thin dark blue eyes, thin limbs, thin weak-looking body and a thin nose. The only thing thick about him was his very dark brown hair. On his forehead, was a consolation of red pimples which were highlighted more by the paleness of his skin.

I couldn't figure out the meaning by the dumb look he was giving me. Jessica however, seeing that look, glanced quickly at me, then back at the second boy. "Miiike, hi," Jessica said in a slow and preppy voice.
"Hey, um Jessica, w-who's your friend," Mike (the thin one) said, sitting beside Ben and in front of me.
Jessica's smile quickly dropped and Angela chimed, "Oh this is Gwendelyn Bright. We met her earlier today. She's new."

The other girl, Lauren, seemed to have picked up my name and looked up. She made a disgusted sound. "What are you doing here?"
"You two have met?" Eric asked with an 'oh no' voice, that went ignored.
"I was invited to lunch and I accepted. Surely I can make my own decisions," I replied with a polite and teasing voice just to upset her.
"Whatever," Lauren flipped her hair, rolled her eyes, put up her book and grabbed out her black-berry, which I couldn't help but notice that it was bedazzled pink and white. She sat beside Mike.

Tyler didn't even say anything. He just took his place in front of Eric and beside Ben. Angela was looking on Jessica in anxious expectancy. Jessica in turn was looking on Mike with controlled fury, Mike who was looking on me with that same dumb look didn't really see, but I was too interested in trying to figure out Ben's attitude to pay much mind to him. Ben who was either too deep in thought or his comic book wasn't paying attention to any of us. Eric played with his thumbs in the silence. Lauren was similar to Ben in the way that she was unaware of the current state of the lunch table.

Jessica's eyes went to my lunch tray. "You don't eat much do you?" Jessica said curtly to me. This was a complete transformation from her hyped up voice earlier.
Lauren looked up from her phone and a little smile went on her face when she saw my half-eaten chicken sandwich.
"Anorexic much?" Lauren smirked.
"That thin look ain't gonna help you more like a boy," Tyler spoke for the first time. At his comment Lauren and Jessica laughed, Angela and Mike looked away and suppressed their laughter and Ben didn't seem to hear despite him sitting next to Tyler.
"C'mon now guys," Mike rolled his eyes, which were hitherto intensely on me. I figured it was because of the colour of my eyes, but he didn't say anything. "I don't think she looks like a boy. I actually think she's kinda cute."

I raised an eyebrow at him. He winked at me. I raised both eyebrows at him. He smiled. In the meantime, everyone's eyes, including Ben's, were on Jessica who began tapping her finger and looking in the the ceiling as a means to calm herself. Her lips were pursed together and formed a hard line and her nostrils were slightly flared.

I see now. She liked Mike but Mike like me. How displeasing. Not only for Jessica but for me as well. To be stuck in a situation like this. Sigh.

There was another awkward silence as Jessica tried to calm herself. Then an unimportant girl in a light pink shirt and pants came running up to us. She only addressed Lauren though.
"Hey Lauren, did you hear?" she said in an excited voice like she has been through something terrible.
"What hon?" Lauren replied in a barely polite voice.
"The Halloween dance is cancelled!" She moaned.
"What?" Everyone except Ben and myself spun around and looked on the girl as if she was the most important thing in the world.

The sudden attention seemed to take some toll on her and she was lost for words.
"I-um- I s-s-said tha-that the um-" she mumbled.
"Come on alreday! Talk! Talk! Talk!" Lauren said irritated.
"Sorry Lauren," She seemed to have found her voice again. "I said the dance was cancelled. Someone beat up the son of the guy who was donating a lot of money to the school. So because of that he's pulling out his son of Forks High along with all his money. So now the school can't afford an expensive dance like that."
"Wait, how do you know all of this?" Jessica said unbelieving and recovering from her earlier rage.
"Um-I was in a relationship with him," she played with her fingers and I noticed that her eyes were getting watery, "we were kinda getting serious. But-but now he's leaving."

I don't know if it was the amount of contact with people I've had today, or just because I pitied the girl, but I wanted to comfort her. I was about to say something when Lauren interrupted me.

"Oooo, how sad! You lost your little boyfriend! Now get lost! I have somethings to say to these guys," she mocked the girl and sent her off running with tears in her eyes. Lauren, Jessica and Tyler laughed. Angela and Eric didn't say anything but you could see disapproval in their eyes. Ben most likely didn't even notice given the speed his eyes moved while reading his comic book.

"I don't see the joke in that," I said.
"What?" Lauren raise her eyebrows at me. Time seemed to slow down as everyone around the table, with the exception of Ben, gave me an incredulous look.
"I said 'I don't see the joke in that.' How cruel and disgusting of you to mock her like that! A girl who took the time out to tell you that some stupid dance was cancelled. You should be grateful, but I doubt that you are humane enough to be capable of something as kind as that," I said not boldly, but bluntly.
"What the hell is your problem?" Lauren scrounged up her face at me.
"Do my big words confuse you," I taunted her.
"Bitch!" was her response.
"Calling me that just proves your limited vocabulary,"

"Hey, stop provoking her," Angela whispered to me.
"Why? I am merely expressing my opinion on things. I should be free to do even that," I said aloud so everyone at the table could hear.
"Let's be honest here guys," Mike turned to Lauren, "that was pretty mean of you."
"Oh shut up Mike," Lauren said, "if you weren't so head-over-heels for this flat-chested pancake here and wanted to impress her, you'd probably be laughing the hardest out of all of us!"
Mike blushed. I honestly made no reaction to this. Why should I?
"HE IS NOT HEAD OVER HEELS!" Jessica flared up.
"Calm down Jess," Eric tried to placate her.
"SHUT UP!" Jessica shouted so loud that a few students began looking our way. In her fury, Jessica threw her open carton of milk at Eric. Instinctively, he hit the carton away where it landed on Mike causing it to open and spill over his shirt and pants. Mike got up in shock and held his hand out in front of him and he inspected the damage.

"Christ," Lauren said as she took out her black-berry again.
"Jessica! This shirt was new!" Mike yelled.
"Oh my God! Mike I am SO SO sorry," Jessica had her hand over her mouth and tears welled up in her, "I'll buy you a new one Mike! but I am soo sorry!"
"Forget it okay, just don't worry about it," He said but it was more that obvious that he was still upset. "I have another set of clothes in my locker, so don't sweat it. I'm off to go get it now," Mike said then left.

"Look at what you caused! Now Mike hates me now!" Jessica cried allowing the tears to come freely.
"How in the name of all that is good and pure in God's green earth, is this my fault?" I said honestly wanting an explanation.
"Um yeah it is kinda your fault," Angela said as if I were being foolish, "if you hadn't upset Lauren this would have happened. And I did warn you."
"Exactly you little troll," Lauren said to her phone while her fingers worked away.
"UHHGG! I hate you! I wish I hadn't met you, you FREAK!" Jessica wailed.

"Hey speaking of freaks," Tyler who was laughing hitherto, pointed over my shoulder, "here comes another set."
"How dare you even call someone that," I sneered without even knowing who they were talking about.
"Figures a weirdo like you would pick up for people like them," Jessica wiped her red puffy eyes.
"And she doesn't even know them yet!" Tyler guffawed.
"Oh no, she does know them. She, Edward and Jasper seemed to have really hit it off during English today," Lauren said with little emotion as most of her energy went straight to concentrating on her phone.
"Jasper too?!" Angela and Eric exclaimed.
"Uh-huh," was the reply.
"Wait, you mean the Cullens?" I said to Tyler.
"I'm sorry was I talking to you?" He said. But I hat already turned around in childish interest to look at them.

Edward, Jasper and Emmet walked together with two girls I haven't met before. Even from where I was, I could see their beauty. I could also see that they too had extremely pale skin and amber eyes.

One of the girls in their family was around my build and structure. We both had elfin faces. Her hair was dark brown like mine too. But that's where the similarities end. She was much more beautiful than I. Her lips were the perfect balance of thin and full and they wore a light pink lip-gloss. Her hair was in a tousled pixie cut with a little pink dye on the tips. Her nose was straight and her cheek-bones high. Her eyes seemed to be perfectly drawn on her small face and her eyelashes were black and caressed her cheeks when she blinked. I could help but notice that her eyebrows were not thinned out or penciled in like most girls nowadays. They weren't thick, but they had a natural look against her supernatural beauty.

Her sister was almost a 360 to her. Her hair look like it was spun from gold and flowed perfectly down her back. Her eyes were a darker gold that the others but still had a mysterious beauty about them. If there was one one to describe her radiance, I myself would have to create it. But for now, lithe would have to do. Her limbs were supple and her movements graceful. Her skin was flawless with the exception of a beauty mark on her left cheek. Her lips were full and was coloured red. She was perhaps the most beautiful person I've seen in my life. The model type who spun heads when she walked through the door. They type that all the girls talk about behind her back out of pure envy and the object of attraction in the eyes of lustful men. Graceful and tall. These were words that defined her. She seemed to almost give off an air of disdain. Her head was held high because she was certain of her glorious appearance.

So this was them huh? The Cullen Kids, all assembled in one room is a very dangerous thing. Their looks could take a serious toll on a person's self esteem.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it and I'm sorry but I may not be updating in a while. (sad face ) ='( BUT I'LL TRY MY VERY BEST! (face of determination) (・`ω´・)
xoxo Kanon-sama