Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Oh now I remember.

"I think they're waving to you," Ben said to me as his put down his comic book which he apparently finished.

I got up to go to them, the Cullens, but Angela grabbed my hand and gave me a long warning look which was much more intense than the one before. When it seemed like she wasn't going to let go, I shrugged her off.

To my great surprise, they were even more beautiful up close. I had to gasp. The blonde girl looked at me and I felt a chill run through my body. Almost instinctively, I stepped back and felt very defensive and aware.

"Hi!" the pixie hair girl chimed. Her voice sounded like the ring of a thousand silver bells. "You're Edward and Jasper's friend right? Gwendelyn? I'm Alice."
"Gwendelyn Bright," I said. I stretched my hand out for her to shake it, but to my surprise she gave me a big hug. My eyes opened in shock and I gasped a little because of how cold she is. I patted her on the back as my of hugging her back. Rosalie, (by default if this was Alice, then the blonde girl must be Rosalie) looked on our hug in disapproval. The boys, Jasper, Emmet and Edward just laughed. And I think, I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I'm almost certain, Alice sniffed my hair.

When our hug finally broke, I had regained my self and mange to form a face that wasn't rude.
"I have a feeling that we'll be great friends Gwendelyn," Alice smiled and motioned me toward their lunch table "come meet everyone."
I nodded slowly and followed.
"I think you scared her Alice," Emmet smiled.
"Oh did I?" Alice turned to me and looked a little worried, "sorry, my siblings always say that I come on too strong."
"Um, no that's fine," I said not wanting to hurt her feelings, "that just shows how much you care for people."

Alice seemed to take this in for a bit, then she returned to her pleasant smile and motioned me to sit. I sat between her and Rosalie who introduce herself to me with just her name and without a smile or handshake. She seemed angry or irritated.

"Wow! So your eyes really are purple!" Emmet said.
I nodded and asked if Edward or Jasper explained to them.
"Yeah," Emmet replied, "sorry to hear about your sister. That's so depressing"
"Yea," I said looking on my lap. I didn't expect Edward and Jasper to say that much.

"Um, if I may ask," I turned to Alice because quite frankly, Rosalie scared me a bit. She gave me that cold and uneasy feeling. They all did, but her aura was a bit more tense. "What was the big emergency earlier?"
"Oh! That!" Alice moaned, "it's just that the Halloween dance is cancelled."
"-_-' That's it?" I said expecting something more dramatic.
"Don't give me that look! I was looking forward to that dance. And we were only three weeks away too!" Alice pouted childishly. She seemed like the type of person who was too innocent to hate. I like her though which was a shock to me. I rarely like people on first encounters. As a matter of fact, I rarely liked people at all.
"I see," I said.
"But it's fine!" Alice chirruped, "Because Carlisle said we could host the party at our house! We'd love for you to come!"
"Really?" I looked on her then a quick side-ways glance at Rosalie, "you barely know me and you're inviting me to your house already?"
"Sure!" Emmet grabbed my hand. Rosalie looked on our interlocked hands and I swore it started to burn. "Any friend of Jasper and Edward, is a friend of the Cullens!"
"She could be a nice match for Edward. Right Emmet?" Rosalie said putting great emphasis on Edward's name. Emmet slowly broke away from my hand and Alice was chuckling.

"I don't like Edward," I said.
"It's cause he has a stupid name," Jasper smiled.
"Oh shut up," Edward glared at him then looked at me, "Alice is just as plain a name as Edward right?"
Alice made a face at him.
"No, Alice a sweet and classy name," I said.
"HA!" Alice and Jasper said at the same time.
"And Rosalie is a nice name as well," I turned to Rosalie. It would be awkward if her siblings liked me and she didn't, "Very beautiful and unique nowadays."
"I know it is," Rosalie flipped her hair.

I looked down on my watch.
"The bell will ring soon," Alice said. A few seconds after the bell rang and we all got up.
Lauren and Jessica were giving me hateful looks and I look straight back at them but very politely.
"Just ignore them," Jasper said to me.
"Don't worry, I don't think I'd like to associate with people like them," I said.
He smiled at me.
"Humans," I scoffed softly.

**********************************

My next class was Sociology. Alice was with me in this class and by a chance of luck, we sat together. We exchange numbers and insisted that she took me shopping the next time she went to Port Angeles. She looked at me in distress over my clothes. She had a very cute, preppy and peppy style while mine was a lazy style. A white button down shirt, faded blue jeans and black converse.

We bonded quickly or at least as quick as anyone could bond with me. She was a very kind person with a cute attitude. And from what I can tell, she was the most favoured out of her siblings. Still shunned by some, others seemed to like her to like her and some were just to intimidated to approach her.

Alice quickly spread the news about where the Halloween Dance would now be in light of its cancellation. I expected that not much would pay her mind. I was wrong however and it appears that curiosity got the better of them and a lot of people agreed to the party. Some were interested, some were looking for gossip to tell Lauren, who I discovered to be the most popular girl here, and the rest probably had nothing better to do. The girl in the pink shirt was there too. She said she would come but seemed very shy and afraid.

After Sociology, I had many other uneventful subjects. I wondered if it was uneventful because I didn't meet anymore of the Cullens in my classes. I didn't want to be too attached to them, I felt like something bad would happen. And yet, they seemed to be my only solace right now, in this strange little rainy town of Forks.

The last class of the day was P.E. Oh joy. Yeah right. On my way the official announcement that the dance was cancelled was announced. By then, every cell-phone was buzzing and every lips were in motion because it became quick news that Alice was hosting the Halloween dance.

To my great discomfort, Jessica and Lauren were in my P.E class. And to add to that, dodge-ball was today's game.

"So I heard your little freak friends are having a party?" Lauren walked up to me, flanked by Jessica.
"I'm sorry, I don't know who you're referring to?" I said plainly.
"You know who!" Jessica glared, "Those yellow` eyed weirdos!"
"You're disgusting both of you," I looked at them in contempt, "Don't call them freaks of weirdos, how unbecoming it is to use such labels on them."
"Would you rather we call you that then," Lauren blinked.
"I'd rather you don't use words like that at all. I don't know why I bother, people like you are thick-headed and hard to reason with. Just like mules," I said plainly.
"You think you're so cool just because they like you! Watch, you just watch! They'll kick you to the curb! They only care about themselves! They'll forget all about you!" Jessica said hysterical.

Lauren and I looked at Jessica in disgust. Lauren, because she was embarrassing her in front of the mini-crowd that gathered and I, because she was acting disgraceful.

"I won't listen to your gossip. I will form my own opinion of them myself," I narrowed my eyes at Jessica and Lauren and they in turn at me.

When class started, they gave me a bad time. Jessica and Lauren expelled their anger to me using this barbaric game of dodge-ball as a medium. I wasn't very physically active, but I could hold my own in a fight. I manged to dodge most of the balls but the ones that hit hurt. Lauren was the one who hit me the most. Her throws were more precise and half of the time she anticipated where I would go to dodge. This was in great contrast to Jessica who looked as if she was throwing blindly.

I noticed that the girl in the pink shirt was in this P.E class too. Her name was Mary Cattle and unlike me she could barely dodge any of the balls. After class, I manged to escape with three bruises on my legs and a small one on my right cheek. They were much more prominent because of my pale skin. Mary on the other hand actually got a swollen lip and black eye in addition to all the bruises over her arm. The result of when she gave up and tried to shield herself.

I was about to follow her to the nurse if she wanted but she ran out crying even before the teacher dismissed us. I followed her but to no avail. She disappeared.

I sighed and changed out of my gym clothes. I didn't even want to take a shower judging on how nasty the showers looked. On my way to the parking lot, I contemplated whether to go to the hospital now or take a shower and go later in the afternoon. In the end I decided to see my sister first telling myself I wasn't that sweaty.

"What's a girl like you doing with a sweet car like this," Edward said looking up from his Romeo and Juliet.
"Get off," I told him. He was sitting on the hood of my Jag.
"This is a very, very nice Jaguar," Emmet said caressing the door of my Jag. MY. JAG. Although I've only got it for a week now, I've grown very attached to my beautiful black Jag.
"Very nice, very sleek," Emmet concentrated on the the rims and and ran his finger slowly on MY JAG. I felt a little fire inside of me.

"I think she want you to stop," Jasper smiled as he walk up to us.
"Hey, how was Algebra?" Edward asked Jasper.
Jasper returned Edward's question with a 'Are you really asking me that?' look.
"Right," Emmet said in response to Jasper's previous warning. "Hey this is the latest model right?" Emmet continued without looking up from MY JAG.
"That's right, jealous?" I said proudly.
"As a matter of fact I am!" Emmet laughed rubbing MY JAG with his whole hand now. The fire grew.

"Em, she wants you to stop," Jasper said seriously.
I saw Rosalie walked down towards us. When she saw my Jag she almost went in to a sprint.
"Daaaamn," she said softly kneeling and joining Emmet, "this is a very nice car." Before she finished her sentence, Alice was already near us.
"What are we all looking at?" She asked. But before anyone had a chance to answer her, she spotted MY JAG. Alice whistled in delight and went to join her brother and sister in feeling up my car. My eye twitched slightly.

"Guys, I'm being really serious here, stop touching up Gwen's car," Jasper said very grave. Gwen? Ah, whatever, I was too irritated right now to care.
"Is this your car?" Rosalie and Alice said at the same time, finally looking me in the eye.
"Yes it is," I said showing anger, "Now stop harassing my Jag, she doesn't like it!"
"Edward, Edward look," Jasper said pointing to me.
"What?" Edward said.
"Emotion," was the reply and at this they looked on each other and smiled.
"New achievement unlocked?" Jasper asked.
"My brother I just think we won the game!" Edward hi-fived Jasper.
"You numb-skulls didn't do anything!" I glared at them a little, while the others looked confused. Well all except Emmet who couldn't keep his hands of MY JAG.

"Let me see your car," I asked Emmet a little irritated. He got up and pointed to a red Ferrari not too far from my Jag.
"That's Rose's car, my jeep is at home," he said.
I looked in awe at the beautiful red car. In my opinion it was in no way superior to my Jag, but breath-taking still.
"And that there is Edward's," Emmet pointed to a silver Volvo that had a classy and smart look about it.
The two cars were both so beautiful and shiny I just wanted to run to them. I've recently gain an affection for pretty cars.
"Well I'd love to gaze longer but, I'm off to the hospital now," I said sliding in my Jag. The sweet scent of vanilla welcomed me.
"Your sister?" Alice asked looking a slightly upset.
"Yeah," was my reply.
"Well see ya," Alice looked sad and waved.
"Bye," Everyone waved and said. Even Rosalie gave me a side-glance and a little wave.
I closed my door, turned on the AC and zoomed off.

I played one of my favourite songs in my Jag. 'Our Lady of Sorrows' by My Chemical Romance. I sang along for a while then though about today. The Cullens huh? They were fun. They made me see a side of me that I thought was long dead. I side that those people took from me. Those people deprived me of my happiness. The wicked things they did to me, will always be a deep and unhealing wound in my soul.

It still surprised me though, that they made me smile so quickly. Nandaleah would be happy though, that I found friends. Yes, I think they called me friends. The thought made me smile a little. It's been a while since I had friends. But did I ever have friends? I really don't remember, the way how my past is stained with bad thoughts. I think I like them. They were all special in their own unique way. Friends huh? A new experience.

*****ALICE'S P.O.V*****

"So no scent huh?" Emmet asked me.
"None, not even the scent of her shampoo," I sighed.
"Maybe we should kill her," Rosalie made a step forward.
"NO!" the rest of us said simultaneously.
"She doesn't like an immediate threat to us," I bit my thumb nail.
"You're the one who was alarmed. You were scared half to death when you lost Edward and Jasper!" Rosalie hissed at me.
"Oh be quiet, you're just cranky because you're getting thirsty," I made a face at her and she glared at me.

I did lose Edward and Jasper for a while. Their futures disappeared. And not just them, us too. My future, Rosalie's, Emmet. It seems like she was the cause of it. It wouldn't surprise me though if she was the cause of it. Gwendelyn had no scent, no heart-beat and if I really concentrated, with absolute silence, I could see bits and pieces of her future or any future with her in it.

"And why are YOU so eager for her survival, Emmet!" Rose turned to Emmet looking for another way to vent her anger.
"Babe, it's not like that," Emmet held her hands, "but don't you feel it? That strange aura around her. It's so inviting."
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?" Rosalie exploded.
"I get what you're saying," Edward stepped forward, "it's like she send off an energy of, I don't even know what to call it. It is a true je ne sais quoi that invites others to play around with her."
"I felt it too," Rosalie allowed herself to say.

I didn't really feel it as much as the others did. Jasper felt it but he said he sensed something about Gwen that didn't seem human. Like she seemed dangerous to us.

"I have to kinda agree with Rose on this one," Jasper said taking a step forward.
"How can you say that?" I stood on the very tip of my toes and I still had to lift my head to look him the eye.
"She's our friend we can't do that!" I continued trying to ignore the sadness and desperation in his features.
"I get that," Jasper said holding my face in his hand, "I already care for her but right know the safety of our family matters the most. And the safety of you, Alice. Can you imagine what I would have to go through if you weren't right beside me?"
"Don't say such sad things," I said a little calmer, "But she isn't hurting anyone now! And what about her little sister? From what you and Edward told me Nandaleah has been through enough already! Don't give her another bad memory!"
Jasper twitched a little. He realized my point.

"Let's not be rash here," Edward started.
"You mean you don't care what happens to our family?" Rosalie said angrily.
"Damn you can act such a way when you're thirsty," Edward said, "You KNOW that's not what I meant. Before we go off killing people, we should at least find out about her more."
"He's right," Emmet said to Rosalie. She sighed.
"I'll call Carlisle and see if he knows anything about people like her," Edward said taking out his phone.

Gwendelyn Bright, what are you? A play toy for vampires, or, a deadly weapon.

*****Gwendelyn's P.O.V*****

"Hi Gwen!" Patrice said to me from around her table. I was at the hospital now. It the short week I've been here, I've visited my sister so much that most of the members of staff like Patrice, and even a few of the patients know me.
"Afternoon," I said as I signed my name in the visitor's book.

When I got to my sister's room I was in for a shock. I opened her door without knocking.

"It was not until the next Friday that Marilla heard the story of the flower-wreathed hat. She came home from Mrs. Lynde's and called Anne to account," I heard a cool calm voice said. He was sitting by my sister's bed and was in a white coat. He was a doctor.

I recognized the characters from the book he was reading from. It was 'Anne of Green Gables.' But more importantly, it was the book I was reading to Nandaleah a few days before. She wanted to read it you see, but because of her blindness, she wanted me to read it to her. ME. Only me, she made it VERY clear to her nurses and those who attended to her, that I was the one to read that book to her.

So who is this man? Who can he be that Nandaleah found him worthy enough to read to her? This doctor who she most likely barely knows. She probably just met him, and he's already reading to her. No. Absolutely not. Unacceptable. I won't allow it.

I walked over to them. He still reading to her. The fire that I had before rekindled in me even stronger than before. She was MY sister. I don't want to share her.

"Who are you?" I said sternly to the man. Up close he was very handsome. And pale. He seemed like he was carved from stone how perfect he was. Light blonde hair and a straight nose. He seemed too young for a doctor. Mistrust of him swelled up within me.

"Sister!" Nandaleah exclaimed. She made me smile and extinguished all the hate in me. This little girl was my paradise. If I'm around her, I don't feel sad anymore. She's like a drug to me. I could never understand how she can be so happy when I'm here. Like a child on Christmas morning.

"Hello," The man stood up and extended his hand that I refused to shake, "I'm Carlisle Cullen. I'll be Nandaleah's doctor now."

Carlisle Cullen. Memories of today flashed in my mind. Cullen ' "FINE! You can take a seat next to Mr Jon or Mr Cullen! Just hurry up so I can start my class!" He groaned rubbing his head and collapsing in his chair. For some reason, the name Cullen seemed familiar to me.' Carlisle. ' "our parent's names are Esme and Carlisle, they adopted us all." Carlisle, why does that name ring a bell?' Oh shit.

I remember now. Dr Carlisle Cullen. We'd seen on the news that he had performed a miracle surgery on a little boy's spine. He didn't appear on camera though so I had no idea how he looked. I found out that he resided in Forks, Washington with his family. I requested him especially to be Nandaleah's doctor. Up until now, a Dr Bowen has been covering for him. In short, he was the sole reason Nandaleah and I moved to Forks. And I was just rude to him. Fantastic.

"Gwendelyn Bright. I'm Nandaleah's older sister and her legal guardian." I replied a little sheepishly. He had golden eyes too. It was like a pool of honey or melted gold.
"Nice to meet you," Dr Cullen smiled flashing his shiny teeth.

Just like his children, I don't know what to make of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this was boring! I just really wanted an interaction between the Cullens! (well except Esme (;-_-)ノ) Ah well we'll meet her soon. i just love Alice in this chapter, she's just fun. and I bet you're wondering who those people are that Gwendelyn was referring to! No...... well, um, THINK ABOUT IT!
xoxo Kanon-sama >_<