Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Stalking Gwen

*****EMMET'S P.O.V*****

"Jesus Christ Edward! What if she saw you?" I whispered harshly to my spaced-out looking brother.
"I'm sorry," He said as he came back to earth, "But I saw her mind,"
"You did?!" Rosalie said a bit loudly, peering through the window, looking at Gwen. Now that Ro got some blood in her system, she wasn't so upset anymore, "What cause that? She looks like she's just witnessed her murder ten-thousand-fold."

She was right. In the short moment I've spoken to Gwen, she didn't seem like the type to be cowering in a corner over a little sound by the window. What did she see in her dream? She was so still when she was sleeping at first, almost death-like. The she started groaning, her eye-brows furrowed and a cold-sweat broke out on her fore-head. We stood there for a while on the trees next to her windows Edward was completely concentrated on her. Next thing I know, her eyes fly open and Edward was almost falling of the tress. Not very vampire-ish. The sound sent her darting in the corner and perhaps realizing her own silliness, buried her head in her knees. She was clutching something around her neck. It was the little necklace she wore at school yesterday.

"She didn't realize her own silliness," Edward said, all the time while his eyes were trained on Gwen, who looked up in the ceiling, trying to blink back tears, "It was her dream,"
"Yes, oh mind-reader, please enlighten us," I said.
"It was a horrible dream," He started.

And it was a horrible dream indeed. Her child-hood seemed to be looked up deep within her, Edward can only read surface thoughts, so we didn't get much information on the man in the red robes. Rosalie did a little psychology so she deduce that with Gwen's nudity throughout the dream, she was probably sexually abused as a child. Not only that, but Gwendelyn fears that her sister will shun her. Her pride seemed to be very important too. People pointing at her, laughing at her, mocking her, Rose said that it was an indicator of her being bullied. I hate to say it, but I expected that, what with her mutation and all.

"Wait she's about to say something," Edward gentle silence Ro's explaination.

"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, wipe your tears, wash your face, endure, then do it all over again," Gwen said, making her way slow to her bed then plopping herself down on it.

"It's something she says to herself when she's having, 'a moment of weakness,'" Edward explained.
"That doesn't sound very healthy. That sounds very depressing," I said sadly .
"She used to cut," Edward said, still staring intently on Gwen.
Rosalie nodded understandingly.
"But she's found a healthier alternative by holding her pendant," Edward continued.
Ro was about to say something, but Edward interrupted her.
"Wait, I'm getting something else! The necklace was a gift from her mother, on her sixth birthday. Her mother said that it held a charm that would protect her,"
"Does that mean something? The charm? Does it confirm Gwen being supernatural?" I said anxiously.
"No, that's too little," Rose said, "That sound more like a mother trying to entertain her little girl."
"Hush!" Edward put a hand in front off Rose which took her aback, "Her sixth birthday, was the same day, 'those people' took her. But it's not October the ninth as we know it, she blocked out the date, but from her memories, it seems like it's in late summer."

"Who are those people?" I asked, not liking cryptic things.
"People like the men in the red robe I suppose," Rose said.
"But what are they? And what was with that, 'I'll be free of sin through you,' and 'Purge us of our sins,' mambo-jumbo."
"Sound like some freaky cult talk,"
"Guys be quiet!" Edward said harshly, "Even though her mind is more accessible now, I still need a great amount of concentration and focus!"

We shut up and Edward started speaking to us as he saw what went through her mind. Living on the streets at the age of twelve or eleven, being adopted by the senator and his wife, hating them because they were so different from her and her mother, shutting herself up, the knife slicing her hand, Nandaleah getting sick, Gwen started cutting, the pink scar, the fair in Arizona, Nandaleah giving her the glasses, Gwen's little break-down, then Rachel being killed, Nandaleah getting hurt emotionally then going blind, the senator mourning his loss too much to realize what he was doing to himself and his children, he ignored Nandaleah, Gwen had to take care of her and the house all while trying to avoid the trauma of her past and at school, that day she tried to kill herself, then had to save Nandaleah from the arms of her deranged father, making Nandaleah cry at her attempt at suicide, promising never to do it again, and at last giving up her very being to her little sister out of pure love.

"My God," Rose said as tears streamed down Gwen's face. It really was sad. I could tell that we all wanted to bust in there and give her a big hug. But we couldn't. For the time being, we were to observe her to see if she was an immortal or not.

"What did I miss," Alice said jumping out of nowhere on my tree branch and made too much of a noise.
"Who's there?!" I heard Gwen yell.
I looked through my covering of trees and I saw her with a GLOCK27 on one hand, finger on the trigger, and in the other hand her cell-phone. Well what do you know, she has a gun.

"What the?" Alice said after she made her way to Edward.
"Carlisle did say she was a apart of the Adolescens ille Libertatis," Edward said.
"But even if she a Primoris, which is the highest level, she can't have a gun," Rosalie whispered.
"Answer me!" Gwen demanded again.
We all shut up. We didn't expect her to hear us but we were still cautious. Finally she put the gun away and went downstairs.

"Gee, thanks a lot Alice," Edward said.
"What the flip did I do?" Alice started at him.
"You startled her and made her lock her mind up again," Edward narrowed his eyes at her.
"Well," Alice made a face at him, "I came all this way to tell you that I got a little insight in her future and this is the thanks I get?"
"You WHAT?" We all said jumping to her.
"Let's just say, it will be getting much more entertaining here with Gwen around," Alice said with a simple smile.

Edward looked on her, knowing what she saw. Rose and I were the only ones left in the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, on purpose. Well yeah, I wanted to show you Emmet's perspective on things. He did feel bad for Gwen and well because I don't know what to say anymore, please enjoy this flower ☞ ❁

xoxo Kanon sama