Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Alliance through Enmity

"Hey sleepy head," Angela nudged me. Apparently we were on speaking terms again. After lunch yesterday, she completely ignored me.

"Hnm?" I replied not taking my head of the desk or opening my eyes.
"Had trouble sleeping last night?" Alice giggled and turn in her seat to face me.
"Ah," I meant to say 'yeah' but with my sleepy voice it sounded lie 'ah.' Alice understood regardless.
"Wow, you have such dark circles under your eyes," Alice poked my cheek with her cold finger. I cracked open my eyes and saw Angela looking uncomfortable.

We were in french. It was the second class of the day and I was falling asleep. Yawn. Alice sat in front of me. To my right was Angela, to my left was Lauren. In front of Lauren was a very scornful looking Jessica. (she was upset because the seats were rearranged today and she ended up sitting beside Alice.) And to the other side of Angela, was a very distraught looking Mary Cattle, the girl in the pink shirt.

"Monsieur Boutin," Lauren said disturbing the lesson that I already studied. (Mister Boutin)
"Oui?" our teacher replied. (Yes?)
"Sir, as much as I hate to disturb you from your wonderful lesson," Lauren smiled big, "I think it is my duty to bring it to your attention that Gwendelyn (she turned to look at me) is sleeping through your class."

The teacher taped me on my shoulder, "Mademoiselle Bright, tu es malade?" (Are you sick?)
"Non, Je suis fatigué" I replied. (No, I am tired.) The bell rang before I finished my sentence. The din of the chairs and desk moving, with the combination of the abrupt chatter of students made it difficult to hear our teacher dismissing us.

I got up very unwillingly and half tried to fixed my messed hair. I opened my eyes to Alice and Angela standing side by side and looking straight at me.

"Will you eat with us," They both said at the same time. Angela to a quick look at Alice.
"Angela, I don't want her there," Lauren stared at her intently.
"Oh goody, that means you can come with us," Alice grabbed my hands.
"No but - " Angela protested.
"I can tell when I'm not wanted. I'd hate to upset anyone," I looked at Lauren in annoyance and she stared back with a snobbish look.
"Lauren, I think it would be really nice if Gwendelyn ate with us," Angela continued.
"I don't think she'll listen to you," Alice turned to Angela who cringed at the certain friendly way Alice spoke to her with.
"Gwendelyn!" Angela pleaded with me.
"Hnm?" I said, my eyelids drooping.
"Make up with Lauren please, Gwende - urhg, I love you but your name is such a mouthful!" Angela began, "How bout a nick-name?"
"Ah," I said as my limbs grew heavy.
"What about, Wendy," She said.

The names brought back memories of my nightmare. The name sent me into alertness and consciousnesses. The name enraged me. That simple, dirty name, Wendy, that derivation of my name that those people branded me with.

"NEVER CALL ME THAT!" I shouted at Angela. Everyone who was left in the class looked on me. The emotion in my eyes caused Angela to take a step back in fright. She was breathing hard. This made me regain my composure a little, remembering that this is how I probably looked when I woke up from the dream last night.

"Freak," I heard Lauren said behind me.
"Gwen then," Alice looked on Angela trying to make her not so frightened, "That's what we call her anyways."
"Gwen, are you okay," Alice stared in my eyes. I saw a reflection of myself in those amber eyes. I'm sure Alice saw herself too in my eyes.

Amber and Violet. Gold and Amethyst. Two strange beings. Two pariahs of this echelon ruled under Lauren. It only made sense that she could calm me.

"Gwen," Alice said again with a bit more urgency when I didn't responded.
"I'm sorry, I'm not feeling like myself today," I said, devoid of feeling as I gently pushed Alice aside.
"Um, will you have lunch with us or the Cullens?" Angela said to me in a small voice.
"Neither, I'll eat by myself today," I said calmly, picking up my bag and making my way to the door.
"Freak, you finally know your place," Lauren said as I left the room.

"Wait!" Alice ran after my, her heels making clicking noises on the tiles.
"I'm just tired," I reassured her.
"But where are you going? The cafeteria is the other way," Alice inquired.
"Don't worry, I'll eat. But please, I need some time by myself now," I said, a little less devoid.
She still looked dubious.
"I was up at three this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. My sister always says I get cranky when I miss out on sleep," I tired to laugh but it sounded like a nervous giggle. Alice let me go notwithstanding.

I went to the parking lot and drove off in my Jag. There was a little cafe not too far from the school. The scent of coffee greeted me and I suddenly felt wide awake.
"An espresso, make it a double," I said reaching for my wallet.
"Uh, sure," the perky cashier said, obviously trying not to stare at my eyes, "Would you like anything else?"
"Uh, strawberry scone," I replied.
"Sure thing, have a seat," she said, gesturing to the tables and chairs.

Within a matter of minutes, my coffee came. By that time, I had to be shaken out of my reverie by my waitress. I took a sip of my coffee. The strawberry scone was too sweet and crumbly, but the coffee was one of the best that I ever tasted, for me, this is saying a lot. I hated coffee, it kept me wide awake but gave me a killer head-ache afterwards.

I closed my eyes. The voices came back. Not new voices, more like memories from last night.
"Wendy, Wendy," They giggled. High pitched voices, low pitched voices, elderly voices, voices of men women, voices that teased me, mocked me. Then the most frightening one of all. My sister's.
"Disgraceful," I cringed in the memory of it.

The sound of someone coming in distracted me. She was wearing a shirt that caught my attention. It was a black My Chemical Romance shirt that had the trade-mark spider with a lighting bolt on its back.

"Hey, I know you," she said noticing my stare. She had short red hair with a white streak that cupped her face. It was styled similarly to Rogue from X-men. She had high cheek-bones, electric blue eyes and thin lips. She went heavy on the liquid eye-liner and mascara. Her white skin made the black pop out at you. I was sure I haven't met her before.

"Wow, so everyone was telling the truth," She said, plopping in front of me and throwing her bag on the ground, "Purple eyes. Coolness."
"I'm sorry, you are?" I said, taking another sip.
"Oh, I'm Paige Monarch. My friends call me Neon, or Neon Venom" She replied, "And you're Gwendelyn?"
"Yeah, but my friend apparently call me Gwen," I said, "Is Neon your Killjoy name?"

(To understand Gwen and Paige's conversation, check the author's note)

"You in the army?" Paige smiled. (Paige refers to the official name of the My Chemical Romance fan-base. The MCRmy. Pronounced: Em Cee Ar Me)
"Yeah, I am," I said, looking on her attire. The sleeves on the shirt were ripped at the shoulder and she was wearing black pencil jeans and red converse. Her jacket was tossed beside her.
"So you got a Killjoy name?" she asked in cool hopefulness.
"Nah," I said, "Think of me as a Revenge Seeker," (Reference to the second album, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge)
"I see," Paige said understandingly.
"So I became a school celebrity over-night," I said aloud. Because obviously, she knew me from school.
"That right," She said lighting her cigarette that she took out of her bag, "well around certain circles. Yeah, the way you stood up to Lauren yesterday at lunch really inspired us all."

I knew exactly what she meant. She meant that people like her who were out-cast from the rest of the school. I mean, every feels like that once in there lives, but she's one of those persons who felt like that now. The scene kids, the emo kids, the fat kids, the geeks, the nerds, the dweebs and the teacher's pets, it seems like I became a inamorata to all these out-casts. No, I became there symbol of hope, against Lauren cruelty.

what was I thinking? The coffee or the sleep depravity must be getting to me. A symbol of hope. Yeah right. I person with my back-ground doesn't deserve that level of reverence.

"Here you go. The regular right?" a waitress placed a panini and a sprite on the table and interrupting my train of thought.
"Thank you Annie," Paige said to the waitress.
"Goddamit Paige, aren't you ever gonna quit?" the waitress said.
"When you quit, I quit," Paige said taking out her lighter and a cigarette for Annie, which she denied regretfully.
"I'm on the job, what if my boss catches me?" was the excuse.
"Say hello to little Ricky for me," Paige said to Annie who was going to another costumer.

"Looks like you come here often," I said, finishing my coffee and feeling a bit better.
"Just about everyday. School food suck," Paige dug into her panini.
"I on the other hand, just needed some time alone today,"
"Sumn goh yuh dahn?" She said with her mouth full (Something got you down?)
"Yea, guess you could say that. Just bad dreams." The voices came back, but they were more like muted voices in the back of my head.
"Hnm, you have such a dead look in your eyes," She swallowed, "you can come to me any time you wanna talk. But you don't seem to want to now, and I'll respect that."
"Thanks," I said.

I don't know what is was about this girl that made me trust her. Maybe it was her coolness or her aura of, not really kindness, but, openness and willingness. She made me feel safe. She didn't look on me like a tourist attraction, but an actually person. Hell, maybe I just trusted her because she liked the same band as I. Regardless, I liked Paige 'Neon Venom' Monarch. I may sound bias, but I almost immediately thought her non-human after our conversation.

Afterward, we talked about My Chemical Romance some more. She's been to so many concert when I've never had the time to go to one. She did most of the talking, the coffee was started to take it's effect on me. I felt so awake and yet numb and detached. When I did get a word in, I managed to tell her about my new found friendship with the Cullens. I like how she didn't persecute me for it like most of the school. And like most of the school, she wasn't close friends with them. She said that they seemed to be in a world of there own and didn't want to upset things.

"I dunno, I feel like it's the natural order of things right now. I'm not the heroine to break them out of that world. But I think that the universe has chosen you Gwen," She explained while staring out the window with a cryptic and amused look in her eyes and a Mona Lisa smile on her face.

"Yo Neon, shouldn't you be heading to school now!" A voice from the counter yelled.
"Crap!" We both whispered under our breath as we checked our watches. Only a bit over five minutes before the bell
"Of all the days I decided to walk here! Why God? Why did I leave my motor-bike at school?!
"Don't worry! We can take my car!" I said, grabbing my bag and slamming the tip on the table.
"Right," Paige nodded, following me with the other half of her panini in her mouth, "Later Annie, Sasha, Nick! Thanks for the food!"

"Wheres your ride?" She said as I hit the car alarm.
"Here," I said opening the door to my Jag.
"Muthafuckah!" She dropped her panini and stared at my car.
"No time for gawking," I slid in and started the engine, "Get in!"
"You own me a panini," she jumped in, "Nice car. Rich 'rents?"
"You could say that," I pumped up the stereo and rode off.

*************************

We made it just in time. We said goodbye at the front of the school. Paige had art which was on the other side of the school while I had chemistry which was in the main body of the school. Luckily for Paige, she had her art bag with her, I on the other hand had to sprint to my locker and get my books.

"One minute" I said turning around with all intentions to make it up those stairs to get to class. Instead, I found myself staring at Lauren, who had to stoop a little to look me in the eyes. She was flanked by Jessica and a red-head who I hadn't seen before.

"Going somewhere?" she said in venomous playfulness.
"Chem," I tried to push my way past her.
"Oh no you don't," Jessica said coolly and pushing me back.
"I'm not in the mood for you," I said calm. And I really wasn't. The coffee made me more numb than I thought.
"You're an ugly little freak aren't you?" red-head said, "But you don't look as much as a boy as I thought. Maybe a wimp but, still a girl."
"And you are?" I said with no emotion, but it may have seemed rude.
"Blaire Johan," She said with her high pitched voice.

The bell rang.

"Excuse me, I'll be late," I said about to walk around them when Lauren knocked the books in my hand on the floor.
All three of the laughed viciously at me.

I bent down to pick them up. My eyes focused on nothing but the floor. As I was about to get up, I felt hand pull on my ankles causing me to fall hard on my chin. I let out a small grunt of pain, knowing well that if I screamed, it would only feed their sick wants more. I closed my eyes as I felt Lauren's high heels dig into my scalp. The person who grabbed my ankle was Blaire, I could hear her snort behind me and Jessica's laugh above me beside Lauren dark chuckle.

She twisted her foot causing the heel to do the same in my scalp. By this time, those who loiter in the halls began to cluster in small groups and whisper about what was happening. Sad words with delighted voices.

"Hey, isn't that the new girl?"
"Yeah, the one with the eyes,"
"Heard she pissed off Lauren and Jessica yesterday?"
"Eh?! I heard it was today?"
"Well I heard it was both,"
"Poor soul?"
"Look on her. The poor thing can't even look up,"
"Serves her right, shouldn't have pissed Lauren off,"
"You're so mean, how can you say that,"

That last on really got me the most. All of them were in a taunting tone, but the words in that one acted as if they cared, when the voice was laughing. Lauren started kicking my head now. It didn't hurt, it just felt like a dull thud. I heard it, I even felt my head move, but it didn't seem to be real. My eyes were closed and I gave in. I didn't cry, I long forbade myself to do the act. But I allowed Lauren to abuse me right there and them. I let her release her anger on me. I let her insult my pride, which for me, is second only to my sister. Go ahead Lauren, if it makes you feel better, expel all your hate on me, I'm to numb right now to feel it.

She spat in my hair then use her shoe to rub it in. Then she started not to step on my head, but stomp on it. After the first stomps, I winced, but them I grew used to them.

"You don't smile, you don't laugh, you don't from you don't cry," Lauren said, "You, what are you? What kind of creepy bitch are you?" She sounded upset, no she sounded angry with me, like I did something she didn't anticipate.
"Creepy! Scary! Freak! No one likes you! No one cares about you," she kicked harder. That's right Lauren, I know that.
"Go away, why did you come here? You'll never be accepted by normal people. You're not normal you're weird, a freak of nature, you deserve to be hated," She reverted back to her calculated coldness, "The Cullens, they don't really like you, they probably just pity you, they're odd like that. Or maybe, they just found someone sadder that them." Maybe, I'm not a mind-reader, but whose to say that's not true and whose to say that is true. I don't think there that cruel though.
"At least they have each other. But it's you, all alone, stuck in your little world, all by yourself," she said with a wicked smile in her voice.

Suddenly, I felt someone pick up my head by my hair. I opened my eyes to see Lauren on her knees looking at me with an evil look, holding my hair.
"Well, are you going to cry for me now?" she said darkly.
I slowly shook my head, the coffee having more of an effect on me that I anticipated. If I were myself, I would have gotten past her easy, but now, I actually wanted her to continue kicking me. It added to the numbness and because I felt so detached, it made me feel invincible, yet calm at the same time.

"Freak," she scowled and slammed by head in the floor. Then the kicking. Thud, thud, thud. Then laughing. It was the most peculiar din I've ever heard. Lauren's dark chuckle, Blaire unladylike snort, and Jessica's satisfied laugh stood out the most in the chaos of whispering and cheering.. Then it all stopped, all at once, even the thud.

There was a loud crash, almost right above me. It came from the lockers. A cool sinister voice said,
"You jerks stop that right now,"
The voice, took a while to place, then I realized that it was Emmet's.

I opened my eyes and turned my head to assess the situation. This was a feat because Lauren's shoe was still pressing down on me. Emmet had his fist plunge straight in the locker next to mine, he hit it so hard that there was a large imprint oh is fist.
"You jack-ass that's my lock-" was all Blaire could say before Emmet evil eyed her causing her to fall right by my head on the floor out of fright.
"Take your dirty foot of of her. NOW!" Emmet growled at Lauren. I slowly felt the pressure come off.

Emmet walked over to me. Blaire, who was still on the ground, grabbed on to Lauren's leg like a child, Jessica did likewise, except that she grabbed on to Lauren's arm on her opposite side.
"Need any help?" Emmet said gently bending down in front of me and extending his hand.

For a while, I stared at it, not knowing what he wanted me to do. I came to my senses and grabbed his hand, knowing he wanted to help me up. Not making any, effort to get up on my own though, he yanked me from the forearm and forced me to my feet. The movement was so sudden, it forced my eyes to pop out a bit, but that was all the coffee would allow.

"You okay?" He asked me, "You have so many bruises on your face,"
"I'm fine," I said still numb.
"No, you're not," He growled and then turned to Lauren.
"Emmet, Emmet, Emmet," Lauren said seductively as she walked towards him.
He just looked down on her in scorn.
She touched his chest and then Emmet slapped away her hand.
"Don't touch me," He said to her in disgust.
"Why are you so mean Emmy?" She purred.
"If that was mean then you're a demon," He replied.
"Ha ha. Why don't we forget that little scene, and then maybe, we can maybe be really, really close friends," she continued.
"I have a girlfriend," Emmet said.
"Oh, I don't think Rosalie would mind," Lauren twirled her hair and stood in a way that showed off her cleavage.
Emmet raised an eye-brow at her and made a 'then- you're- mad- as- hell' smile.
"Oh, Emmy," Lauren moaned and made a step toward him.

"Uh-uh, no way, step back," Rosalie came out of nowhere leaned against the locker next to Lauren as if she was always there, "I know damn well you wouldn't even think of kissing him.

Lauren turned in fury at her companions. With her eyes, she questioned 'why they didn't warn her that Rosalie was there.'

"Long time since I've seen your ugly face," Rosalie smirked.
"Jealous?" Lauren said proud.
"Bitch please!" Rosalie laughed, "You should be a comedian!"
"Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Lauren sneered.
"I have, but I'm sure you haven't. They crack when you get too close," Rosalie retaliated.

The watching crowd oohed. It was obvious what was going on here. They just got free drama. They were gonna milk off it as long as they could. It was a diss war. The winner would receive a higher place in Forks High hierarchy.

"Freak," Lauren said not knowing what to say.
"Slut," Rosalie continued.
"Bitch,"
"Ape,"
"Albino,"
"Twat,"
"Creep,"
"Hooker,"

The manner in how the words were said seemed almost impulsive. It was as if they were just trying to best each other. Emmet and I were watching intensely while the crowd exclaimed, applauded and laughed when they heard an insult they liked.

"Why don't you crawl back to your pimp? He can maybe give you a proper corner," Rosalie smiled superior.
"As soon as you go back to the zoo," Lauren countered.
"Why would I need to do that? I've got a live monkey right in front of me," Rosalie smiled almost polite.
"Ooh, nice one," Lauren said sarcastic, "I bet it took you a while to think of it."
"No actually it didn't. You see, I'm not a complete air-head like you," Rosalie explained, "I'm creative and talented. When God gave out those gifts, I was first in line hun,"
Lauren was still looking for words to say.

Rosalie walked straight up to her, their eyes locked on each other and their noses, inches apart, "Back off. I don't want you bothering my friends or my family again. Got that?" Rosalie said a with silent intimidating voice.

The crowd exploded. The sudden sound made me jump. When I finally got back to myself, Emmet, after many minutes of silent watching, of course had to cheer on his girlfriend. I saw a little smirk escape Rosalie's controlled countenance. She won, she knew she won, it was just like that and Lauren lost her grip on things. I saw the colour of anger flood her cheeks. I didn't expect her to accept loss. I was right in assuming this.

"HO!" Lauren fumed.
"Whore," Rosalie corrected with a slight English accent to belittle Lauren some more, "Now get your ghetto white trash ass out of here. You're embarrassing yourself."

Lauren stormed off. Jessica and Blaire made small steps after her.

"HELL TO THE YEAH!" Emmet high-fived Rosalie. Then lift her up in a hug.
"Ha, that prostitute had it coming," Rosalie flipped her hair, "getting on my last nerve like that."

I bent down to pick up my books that were still on the floor.
"Oh let me help you with that," Rosalie said joining me.
"Uh, thank you," I said slightly surprised at the sudden gesture.
"No problem," she smiled as she handed me my books.

There was a small awkward silence. I was late for class, but I stood there still, expecting something to be said. I was right.

"We didn't get off on good terms yesterday," Rosalie started, "sorry, I wasn't really myself."
"I know how you feel," I smiled weakly. Her eyes changed with her demeanour. They were more of a liquid colour which was in contrast to the hardness of it yesterday.

"Yeah, you look wasted," Rosalie touched my cheek, "and those bruises! No, absolutely not, I won't allow these bruises."
"Are they that bad?" I asked, not really interested.
"Take a look," Rosalie handed me her compact.

I took it all in. A large on my left cheek, a red bruise on my chin and another red one in my forehead. My lip was red and slightly swollen and I was feeling a little needle-like pain in my head. I knew it would get worse later, especially when the coffee kicks in.

"It's fine, I uh, heal quick," I said a little strange because I have found my extreme healing skill to be odd myself.
"C'mom, you maybe strong but at least let me put some concealer on them," Rosalie urged in a friendly way.
"Do you see anything here?" I tapped my right cheek. It wasn't facing the ground so it was clear.
"No, why?" Rosalie asked.
"There was a bruise there yesterday, I got hit by a ball in P.E," I explained.
"No way," Rosalie grabbed my chin suddenly and stared at my cheek intently. Her hand was so cold.
"It should have yellowed over at least," Emmet said.
"But there's nothing there," Rosalie continued, "I didn't even see it on your face yesterday."
"And P.E was my last class too," I added.
"Peculiar," Rosalie said, releasing my face.

Then it hit me. "Crap, I'm late," I said to myself.
"Chem?" Emmet asked.
"Yeah," I said slowly.
"Mr. Odin?" Rosalie asked.
"I think so, I haven't met him yet," I said.
"You don't need to. That guy is a total pervert," Rosalie said.
"Come play hooky with us," Emmet offered.
"No! Let the girl go to class," Rosalie smiled, "According to Jasper, she has ambitions unlike you."
"And what's your excuse?" Emmet looked on her, "You're coming with me aren't you?"
"Yes but, I'm a brainiac. I deserve a little rest," Rosalie smiled.

"C'mom, I'll take you to class," Rosalie offered, "if you were with me, that guy won't say a word."
"Thanks," I said.
"Well it's not a chore, you're my friend right?" Rosalie said, walking. The suddenness of the meaningful words made me feel an odd emotion.
"Sure," I said, not letting emotion in my words "No hard feelings."
"All I have to do is flip my hair and bat my eyes a bit, and that perv is putty in my hand," Rosalie smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi Ho! Yes well a Killjoy is basically a rebel against the ideals of what others want you to be. Killjoys are their own persons and usually express themselves through art, music, literature, photography, drama and many other mediums. A famous Killjoy saying, "Art is the weapon." just embodies this. And another one , "Keep running." signifies the will and want to be yourself and avoid being the you that others want you to be. Here is a link to the band in their Killjoy outfits:
http://hangout.altsounds.com/attachments/reviews/6429d1291676797-chemical-romance-danger-days-true-lives-fabulous-younguns.jpg

The name Killjoy originates from the title of their fourth album. Danger Days : The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. If you want to read up on it more, check Urban Dictionary on like the fourth or third page.

Oh and when Gwen said she was a Revenge Seeker, it was also a subtle indication that she had some rage going on inside of her

Comment pleeawwssssee

xoxo Kanon - sama