Status: Might take a while to get going and I'm going to take my time with it ok:-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

I'll Just Keep Painting Flowers for You

You are my only one.

Me and Alex were cuddled up with each other in the back room of the tour bus. Rian was sat in his bunk reading, and he said he'd come and shout us if anyone came on to the bus. The fact that Rian knew about us was a handy thing, except for the fact that he kept encouraging Alex to tell Tay or at least break up with her because he didn't see how it was fair. I had been trying to keep my mind off Tay, because I knew that if I kept thinking about her then I'd spend the majority of my time worrying, and I really didn't need that right now.
Alex shuffled about next to me and rested his head in the arch of my neck. He made a groaning noise and I looked down at him so I could see him properly. I allowed a smile to creep across my face. Now that I knew I partly had Alex to myself, and I wouldn't have to worry about hiding anything from him anymore, I'd relaxed a bit. He'd surprised me the other day when he told me he loved me as well, and I still hadn't quite gotten over it. That certainly wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but now that it had happened, I wouldn't have it anyway. It was funny - I'd expected Alex not to be romantic with me in the slightest, but he was more than. We'd agreed on taking things slow, especially since Tay didn't know about us, or anyone else for that matter except Rian. It didn't feel right rushing things. We were best friends after all, so we both had a lot to get used to.
"You alright?" I asked, smiling down at him. He turned his head so he was looking back at me, beaming in my direction.
"I'm great. As long as I have you." Alex replied, straight to the point. I chuckled to myself before wrapping my arms around his waist. He lifted his arm up and held one of my hands.
"I love you." I told him truthfully.
"You know what, Jacky?" He said. I rolled my eyes before replying.
"What, Lex?" I questioned.
"I love you even more." Alex informed me. I shook my head firmly, still smiling as I did so.
"Impossible!" I exclaimed. We both laughed and Alex shook his head at me playfully.
"Thank you, Jack." Alex spoke up suddenly. I frowned in confusion.
"For what?" I asked, not knowing what he was on about.
"For plucking up the courage to tell me that you love me. It means a lot." Alex explained. I smiled shyly.
"Thank you for not freaking out when I told you." I replied. I was well aware that Alex didn't have a clue just quite how much he meant to me. I had him in my arms right now, I was free to have him whenever, I could tell him that I loved him as often as I wanted to. It was all mine. Everything that I'd wished for since I realised just quit how much I liked him. It made me happy knowing that I could have that. More than happy. I couldn't quite put it into words.
I leaned down and pressed my lips to his out of the blue and he kissed me back just as willingly. A warm feeling arose inside me and I smiled. I twitched as I felt Alex's hand touch the back of my head and start running his fingers through my hair. I felt him wrap a strand of my hair around his finger and a shiver ran down my spine. He sighed contentedly as the two of us pulled away from the kiss. I chuckled.
We both sat up abruptly as we heard footsteps coming towards the back room. Alex winked at me and I erupted into laughter. Alex edged away from me and sat at the other side of the sofa and I looked down at the floor awkwardly. The door swung open and Rian stood there. His mouth dropped open.
"I thought you two would be being all romantic or doing whatever you would class as romance." Rian blurted out in a whisper. The three of us laughed at his comment and I shook my head playfully at him.
"Why did you come through, buddy?" Alex asked, a confused expression on his face. Rian opened his mouth to speak when Flyzik appeared at the left of him and Zack to the right.
"That's why." Rian mouthed back at Alex. I nodded understandingly as Rian caught my eye.
"Hey guys!" Flyzik greeted us, "You ready for the show tonight?"
"Yes, when am I not ready?!" I exclaimed, pushing myself to seem excited for his sake.
"When's soundcheck, man?" Alex inquired. Flyzik reached in his pocket and brought out our schedule for today. He scanned it and then shoved it back into his pocket.
"4 until 6. I know it's a bit long but Jack's guitar needs to be restrung and then we need to tune it as well, and we want to make sure that you'll sound okay, obviously." Flyzik explained. Both me and Alex nodded knowingly and got up onto our feet.
"What time is it now, Flyzik?" Rian asked. He looked at his watch before answering the question."
"Time you got a watch!" He started, and we all laughed, "No, it's about 2. I'm gonna go in the venue. I'll see you guys later."
"Bye!" We all shouted at him in chorus.
"I'm gonna go too." Rian informed us, turning and following Flyzik.
"I'll go with Rian!" I said, suddenly seeing the chance for Alex to tell Zack about us. I glanced at Alex, widening my eyes in a hint for him to take the chance. He nodded.
"Bye guys!" Alex and Zack both called after us. I hoped with everything I had that he'd take it well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING THIS WOW
how many months omg like 7??
but hey here have a surprise chapter
SURPRISE I'M BACK
read my high school jalex fic here if you miss me that much
umMm COMMENT and let me know what you think or tweet me @erinsh33ran
xo