Status: Updated as often as possible. :)

You're a Thousand Miles Away but Tonight You Look so Pretty

Chapter 1

'Contact request from Spencer'

That was how it all began. Who was 'Spencer'? I had no idea at that moment. He was a mystery. He was some guy who added me on Skype.

I took a sip of water and opened his profile, he was 21 and lived in California.

"Hmm.." I said aloud. Who could he be? I accepted him, I had nothing better to do. I looked back at his profile, his picture had come up. It seemed as he was using a fake picture, I was skeptical.

Skype had chimed saying I had a message. It was him, this mysterious Spencer. I clicked on his name and read the message;

Spencer: Hey cutie
Me:What's up?
Spencer:Not much, laying in bed.
Me: oh, that's cool.

The conversation didn't last long, He seemed a little.. off, I still wasn't sure about him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, who am I you might ask? My name's Delilah, I'm seventeen and I live in a hell hole called Michigan. I had natural jet black hair and green eyes. I was nothing special, just a short chubby girl from a crappy city. I had no life and barely any friends, I sat online all day and talked to strangers.

I didn't talk to Spencer for a couple days, until one morning I had woken up pretty early. I got up, grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down with my laptop, it was about 10 am, a bit early for me. I logged onto Skype and sipped my coffee, It was mid summer and my parents were at work, I had nothing going on.

"Spencer is online" popped up in the corner of my screen, I guess he didn't have anything to do either. I figured he was uninterested in me until Skype chimed, I switched over from the internet and read the message.

Spencer: Hi
Me: Hey, What's up?
Spencer: Not much, I can't sleep.
Me: That sucks.
Spencer: Yeah
Me: So, I'm bored, do you wanna cam?
Spencer: Sure, hang on, Hun.

"Hun" I hated when I was called hun more than anything. I felt as if it were something a sleezy guy would call a young girl at a bar. I had waited about ten minutes before he called. I had no idea what would be waiting for me on the other side of that camera. I finally hit 'answer' and no sooner my breath was taken away, he was beautiful. I could instantly feel my face turning a bright red. This was not at all what I was expecting.

He had long curly black hair and chocolate brown eyes. I couldn't get over how he looked.

"Hey," he said with a warm smile that caused my stomach to do flips. "What's up?" he asked.

I shook my head, "Not much, just hanging out."

He nodded, the first few minutes were awkward, neither of us knew what to say. He was adorable in every way. He was laying in bed with a big gray teddy bear. He kissed it's cheek and looked back at the camera, "I've had this bear since I was a baby," He turned and smelt it, "It smells just like me, I'm gunna send it too you."

I giggled and blushed, "alright, If you can figure out where I live," he laughed and rolled over in his bed letting out a loud yawn.

"So, do you have any pets?" He asked.

I nodded, "yeah, I have a dog and two cats. How bout you? You have any pets?"

"Yeah, I have snakes." God, could he get any better?

"I'll be right back," he said as he set down his phone and jumped out of bed, He must have been going to get his snake I thought to myself, a little while later he came back with a short snake.

"I knew you were gunna do that," I laughed, he blushed.

"So, do you like snakes?" he asked.

"Yeah, I love them, unfortunately my mom is deathly afraid, I'm planning on getting a snake one day though."

He smiled, "I'll send you one in the mail, your mom would freak." I laughed in agreement and watched with fascination as the small snake wrapped itself around his fingers and crawled up his arm. He looked at me and flashed his amazing smiled and I blushed.

"I'll be right back, I'm putting her away."

I continued scrolling through Facebook as I waited. When he came back we talked about several different topics, He told me about his friends and his band, he talked about how he was going to change his band's style of music.

"They're gunna call me a sellout but I'll get more money, when I'm off touring everyday I'll remember you, I hope you remember me, when you see me on stage I hope you say to yourself, 'Hey, I knew that guy'. "

"I'll always remember you," I said.

We continued changing topics, he sung to me a bit, told me about how he used to put covers on YouTube, we flirted a bit and messed around with each other.

"I'm sure I'm boring you," he said with a laugh.

I giggled and shook my head, "No, you're fine."

He laughed, "Wow, you sure are coming on to me pretty strong, calling me fine and all."

My face turned bright red, "No, no, that's not what I ment," I laughed.

After awhile I decided that I need to get offline and talk to real life friends.

"I really hate to say this but I have to go," I sighed.

"You're gunna get offline and never talk to me again, right?" He joked with a sad look in his eyes.

"Of course not."

"Promise me?" I smiled, "I promise."

We said our good byes and hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, now it's really finished haha, leave comments?