Status: first story ever done in the third person, hope it's decent!

Scream, to Be Heard

Prologue.

There she sat on her bed, scrolling through the many pictures of him on Tumblr and, quite frankly, amused at the captions and gifs the fans had posted of him and the guys. The phone rang. She didn’t waste a second picking it up and looking at the caller ID.
“Toll Free. Dammit. For the twelve hundredth time today.” And she proceeded to go about what she was doing. Until the phone rang again. Convinced it was another telemarketer, she didn’t even bother to look at it for a second. But she couldn’t resist. Her brown eyes darted over to the phone. To her surprise, it wasn’t. It was him. She picked it up with no hesitation.
“Hey, baby.” The male’s voice was husky over the phone. She could hear the antics of the other boys in the background.
“Why hello there,” she smiled. He sounded so cute over the phone.
“You all packed and ready for tomorrow?”
“You bet!,” He had asked her to come with him the last week of the tour so they could be together after all these months of not seeing each other.
“Alright, sweet. And, baby, I’m running low on socks. I haven’t really bothered to do laundry,” her boyfriend laughed, “would you mind packing a few pairs from my drawer?” He was referring to the drawer of his clothes in her apartment. 'Typical guy,' she thought to herself, “I told him to pack extra.” She chuckled lightly.
“Of course I don’t mind, sweetie.” She held the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she opened the drawer, pulled out a couple pairs of socks, and stuffed them in her bag.
“Thanks a bunch, and-oh crap. Ugh. I gotta go, babe. I’m so sorry. I’ll call again after the show, I promise.” That was him for you, always running off somewhere. Just like when they first met, back when they didn't know what the other had been through. But that was then.
“Alright. Have fun tonight, okay? And try not to hurt yourself on the amps again. You don’t have a very good relationship with those.” He laughed because he knew she was right.
“I’ll try not to. I love you, baby. Talk to you tonight.”
“I love you too, Alex.” And with that, he hung up, upset that he couldn’t have talked to her longer. Really quite the opposite of how he felt when they had first officially met nearly 6 years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, it's short. a lot of the chapters will probably be like that, just to warn you. bahaha.