Status: first story ever done in the third person, hope it's decent!

Scream, to Be Heard

Chapter 14.

Chapter 14
“Ladies, ladies, please.” Alex joked, taking a sip of his illegally purchased beer. They were in Phoenix, and it actually wasn’t that hot out. A comfortable 75 degrees. It was a miracle. 2 days had passed since Bailey and Jack had talked in the van. Yet she still hadn’t gotten around to saying what she had to say. And every day, this happened.
So now she had to sit, beating herself up on the inside as she watched him get smothered by girls much prettier than she was. And it hurt. But the worst part was he didn’t know. The girl winced as some red head basically gave him a lap dance.
“I’m apologizing for Alex’s douche-yness up front.” Rian sat in one of the chairs next to her.
“Appreciated,” she grunted, shaking her head. Rian sipped his Red Bull.
“You gotta say something soon, you know. Don’t let yourself suffer.” Funny how someone so against the two of them hanging out was so….pro-drama kid. She didn’t know whether to laugh or be suspicious.
“I would if there was ever a moment that he wasn’t getting grinded on by some whore.” He laughed once and kept up with his drink.
“Seriously though, he treated me so unbelievably amazing at home…why is this any different?”
“I’d ask him.” She nodded silently. The sun was setting on Arizona, and most of the girls who didn’t want to stay later to see some of the hardcore bands (which was the good 75% of them) were leaving. Therefore, Alex’s lap friends had left.
“Damn, they were hot.”
“That’s it.” Bailey just got up and left, Monster in hand. She didn’t know where she was going. Maybe over to the Fall Out Boy stage since, although Alex had promised her they’d go together, they hadn’t seen them at all in the last week.
“Bailey, where ya goin?” He called out for her, but she just ignored him. The girl pushed past the remaining adolescents in the venue, trying to find a spot where she could be alone. There wasn’t really a way to describe how Bailey felt right now. It’s kind of like when you have a crush on someone and they like someone they shouldn’t, mixed with getting cheated on, with a little your-cat-just-got-hit-by-an-ice-cream-truck. Someone called out in the distance but she honestly was past ignoring and just couldn’t hear it anymore.
She finally found a spot behind the bathrooms near the Fall Out Boy stage. Classy, obviously. Nothing had been going in her favor the last few weeks and it just sucked.
“I knew it was too good to be true. I fucking knew it.” The blonde managed to sputter out behind messy tears. She was curled up into a ball, head in her knees, crying. But quiet tears so nobody would come ask her what was wrong. Because she’d had enough of that lately. Somewhere along the way she had dropped her can of Monster. Which made her sad.
“What was?” Bailey lifted her head from her kneed slightly in shock, but not so he could see her face. Because she recognized the voice. And she was really mad at the owner of the voice right now.
“Go away.” She whimpered into her knees. Alex attempted to sit down next to her and wrap his arm around her, but he was just shoved away.
“Jeez.” He muttered, sitting a few inches away from her. The boy looked over at the huddled form next to him. She was whimpering and sniffling and he knew that meant she was crying. She didn’t like to cry in front of people. So he was just making this situation worse for her but he really wanted to know why she ran off like she did.
“Bails…what’s wrong.” Bailey turned away for a minute and wiped her eyes. Alex’s heart shattered. He hated seeing her like this. He hated seeing the strongest person he knew broken. And that’s exactly what was happening.
“All those fucking whores that dangle off of you at every show…”
“This isn’t about them calling you names, is it?” He itched to scooch closer, but decided that was against his better judgment, “because babe I’ve told you their just jealous-”
“Jealous of what?!” She snapped, legitimately scaring him. “That’s all you ever say. They’re jealous. Well, Alex, it’s been 2 months and where are we in this relationship? Nowhere. We’re just about as official as we were when we were first assigned that project. The only thing they have to be jealous of is the fact that we share a van. So when they ask ‘are you single’, you don’t say yes or no. Which makes me wonder what I am to you. Because really…I thought for once, I was going to be happy. I thought for one time in my life that maybe I could smile genuinely and not want to cry myself to sleep every single fucking night. You’ve done a lot for me Alex. I know that. And for that I’m eternally grateful. But I hate how you say I’m yours and then not an hour later you have random girls on your lap, cooing over the fact that you’re…you. And it happens. Every. Single. Day.” She just lost it. She was bawling. Alex sat there, dumbfucked. He didn’t know what to do. Did he put his arms around her? Did he just tell her to calm down? He didn’t know. But out of all the things he could say, out of every single option, he picked the stupidest one.
“Maybe you’re the jealous one.” Bad move, Gaskarth.
“I’m the jealous one? I’M THE JEALOUS ONE? Oh, I’m sorry that I’m too attached to the boy who wrote a song for me, the boy who took me to prom, the boy who I had my first kiss with, the boy who stood up for me in front of the entire town. I’m sorry if I thought you meant something when you said you’d try to help me with my self-esteem problems. I’m so, so fucking sorry that I fell in love with you. And I’m really damn sorry that I thought you felt the same way.” At this point she was standing, eyeliner streaming lightly down her face with her tears. Alex was speechless.
“You love me?” His heart was racing a mile a minute.
“At least I thought I did. How could I be so fucking stupid. You’re just as much of a douche as I thought you were.” She started to turn to leave.
“Bails I-” He was getting irritated on top of all this other emotion he was experiencing. Depression, Anger, Guilt, Love…?
“Fuck off.” And Heartbreak.
He slid down against the wall of the building, head in his hands. He always fucked everything up. Here she was; this beautiful creature. She looked strong. And she acted strong. But there were parts of her that were fragile. And those were the ones he kept breaking. And now she’s gone. Tears started to slide down his cheeks as he assumed the position that she had been in just minutes before.
“You know,” he sniffled, “it’s a good thing I packed my razor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i know. you all hate me.
comments appreciated!