Status: first story ever done in the third person, hope it's decent!

Scream, to Be Heard

Chapter 8.

Chapter 8
Bailey received comforting pats on the back from her peers. She was happier than she had been in ages, all thanks to Alex. And to think she’d been complaining about him when they had first gotten together! Seems Alex wasn’t the only one doing the judging. Nevertheless, the girl was ecstatic, being taken to junior prom by none other than Alexander William Gaskarth. Thoughts of the dress she would buy and how she would do her hair swirled in her mind as she waited for him to come out the theater. Fifteen minutes passed, and she was starting to get a little disheartened. And her friends were getting bitchy.
“Bails if he’s not out here in 5 minutes, I’m going ape shit on his ass.” She was surprised at the brunettes harsh words, but Bailey laughed anyways.
“Weren’t you the one that was talking about how lovely he was just a few minutes ago?” Emily was silent, thinking.
“Well, whatever. Chloe and I are going to go get some food from the 7/11. If he’s not here when we come back, I’m going to be very displeased with him.” The two headed down the street.
“Wait!” the blonde called out after them. Chloe turned around.
“What?”
“Bring me back a Monster.” The girls laughed and went down to the store. Bailey looked up at the stars, marveled by how clear they were tonight. A pair of arms were wrapped around her from behind, and she jumped a little. Alex laughed and rested his head on her shoulder.
“Beautiful, aren’t they?” She put her hands over his.
“Sure are,” The boy spun her around and took her hands. She blushed.
“I’m really glad you came tonight.”
“You know, I almost didn’t, but I’m not that mean.” He laughed.
“You’re probably wondering when that note got in your room, aren’t you?”
“Yes, actually.” The two of them were just standing on Thames street, as public as it gets, and holding hands. And nobody was judging them. Because somebody finally spoke up. That somebody was Alex.
“Well…okay. I stopped by last night and you were asleep and you looked so cute I just couldn’t wake you up and then I fell asleep and woke up the next morning and we were cuddling and-”
“Alex, Alex, breaaatthheeeee.” The girl laughed, pushing the hair out of his eyes. He grinned.
“I just thought you’d be freaked out if you woke up and I was there. So.”
“You know, I probably would have been.” Alex ran a hand through her hair. Could she be any more beautiful? He loved the way she’d smile, and how her eyes would light up as she looked into his. But his train of thought was interrupted by the shrills of her friends.
“BAAAIIIILLLLEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!” she sighed. That was typical of them, ruining other people’s moments.
“Yes?” Alex laughed as she responded, and let her go to talk to her friends.
“As much as we’d love you two to make love to each other in the street, I’m afraid we should be getting home,” Chloe said, sarcastically. Before responding, though, Bailey snatched the can of Monster that her friend was holding and took a huge sip. Her mom never bought it for her. So this was a rare opportunity.
“Whoaaaa whoa whoa whoa whoa. I better be getting a sip of that.” Alex came up from behind her, grabbed the can, and chugged nearly half of it.
“Oh, no you didn’t.” This meant war. They screamed and chased each other up and down the street, each trying to claim the drink as their own. Dodging lampposts, jumping curbs, ducking under low branches. People walking up and down the sidewalk yelled at them, but they didn’t care. They ran and ran until, eventually, they hit their street. The can was basically empty due to all the spillage from the obstacle course they had just run. He held the can over his head.
“Honey, you ain’t gettin this back.”
“We’ll see about that.” She raised an eyebrow seductively, causing Alex to get a little…excited. ‘Damn. That was hot,’ the boy thought, grinning stupidly as she placed her hands on his chest, leaning in. Alex did the same, but as soon as their lips were almost touching, Bailey’s hand’s traced up along his sides and she started tickling him.
“NO. NO NO NO NO NO STOOPPPPPP” Alex laughed, trying to push her away. The blonde only persisted.
“Not until you give me that fucking can!” She was now laughing uncontrollably, because she had to admit, Alex sounded like an idiot.
“Fine! Take it!” He shoved it towards her, bending over to catch his breath. She rolled her eyes.
“Drama queen.” She spat, taking a swig at whatever was left of the Monster.
“Shut up,” he laughed, “you’re such a fucking tease.” Bailey stuck out a hip.
“Oh? Am I?”
“Yesssssssss” he whined. He had really been looking forward to that kiss. Bailey walked over to him, leaned up, and planted one on his cheek. Alex blushed.
“Goodnight, Alex. And thank you.” She grinned as she was about to walk into her house. He was confused.
“For the song, the speech…just, everything. Thank you. Night.”
“Night, Bails.” Still not the kiss he was hoping for, but he’d have to live with it. There was dribbles of Monster all the way down his shirt. Attractive. He didn’t care though. He walked home in the best mood he’d been in in a very long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
super short but idc.