Hazy Days

ten;

"Beef jerky? This early in the morning?" Joel wrinkles his nose playfully and I smile.

"It's never too early for jerky," I tell him, even though we're both aware the sun has just risen. He shrugs and we go back to dropping boxes of junk food in the basket. Our night started a few hours ago, when we downed a few glasses of wine and well, had some fun. Then Joel noticed we needed more cigarettes and since the convenient store down the street is open twenty four hours, we decided to make a quick run for it. But first we took Scout around the block, then made snow angels in the park right behind the apartments, then got distracted by the cookies and chips in the store. I keep forgetting what we really came here for.

"On a scale of one to ten, how much does that guy hate his life?" Joel says quietly right next to my ear. I take a quick look of the clerk, who seems to be falling asleep and restocking soda at the same time.

"Seven. Maybe seven and a half," I suggest.

"Really? I would've said nine," he looks at the guy again. He suddenly smirks and takes the basket of food from my fingers. "When I say so, we're going to run, okay?" My jaw drops just the slightest bit. "Don't look at me like that, Vic. We're the only ones here and besides, we'll save a few bucks." I look around the store and it makes me feel guilty for seeing the appeal in his idea. And of course, it's not like this is the first time we've done something like this. I nod once, giving Joel the okay, but still feel bad for the guy working here. He doesn't look at us- not when we're walking to the isle right in front of the doors, and not when we start running out. We don't stop running until we reach the front of our building.

"Oh, shit," Joel pants. "We forgot the cigs."
♠ ♠ ♠
i wouldnt mind sandy so much if i werent cooped up in my house rn, maybe

I have this problem where I really hate everything I writee, but at the same time I don't.
ah, well. THANK YOU MCRLUCY AND PELICAN PARK. I <3 U GUISE LONG TIME.