Status: Sparatic updates.

Cursed

Prologue

Wind whipped across my face as the trees surrounding me formed this huge blur. I was going way too fast for anything to make shape, but my eyes could see everything clearly, especially the demon that was currently trying to outrun me. Pushing my already tired legs to go faster, I could feel the fleshy skin of the demon scrape my nose, and I thought I had it. As soon as I opened my jaw to clasp my teeth around the ugly backside of the figure in front of me, it spread its wings, and flew off into the blind night sky.

Immediately, I stopped running in my tracks, tilted my head toward the sky, and let out a long, loud howl. Anger engulfed me as I hung my head low and tried to catch my breath.

I let one of them go… How could this happen? My body was formed to outrun these assholes and yet here they are, learning and training how to get out of my grasp. I can’t let this happen. Something needs to be done…

Once my breathing was back to normal, I turned around and trotted on the path to my house. It was about a two hour car ride from where I was at the moment, but with my speedy limbs, I could be there within minutes.

I paused just short of my backyard, staying in the shadow of the surrounding trees that fenced my house. I lived deep within the forest and away from any main road, for the sole reason that if someone saw me in my wolf form, it would not end well. Luckily, my older brother doesn’t mind the quiet stay here.

All of the lights were off in the house, signaling that my brother was asleep. I quickly looked up at the crescent moon that lit the forest around me and noticed by its position that it had to be somewhere between midnight and one in the morning. I looked back at the dark house and figured that if he wasn’t asleep I would have been angry, although I do enjoy coming home to a warm smile after a long night out.

My name is Ronnie, and welcome to this hell hole that I call my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 379
Feedback is very much appreciated, even hate. Thanks :)