Status: Slowly progressing

Of Our Souls

103

My face was so hot I thought that blood was going to start seeping out from my skin. My hands were clammy, almost dripping with sweat and the worst part - I started shaking from nervousness and I found it hard to breathe. My heart was beating so fast it seemed that it was going to break out through my ribs while my lungs felt like they had shrunk in size.

The dark friendly eyes kept their gaze fixed on my grayish green ones and the friendliness behind his eyes was evident. It should have calmed me down, but it didn’t. My idol, the person whose lyrics saved my life and helped me push myself towards my goals, was holding me in his arms and grinning at me like a fool.

‘Uhh… Hi..?’ I choked out, feeling my head spin from the fact that I was barely breathing. My body wasn’t doing what it was supposed to and I found it hard to stay calm.

‘Hey there, I’m Austin.’ The tall man grinned at me with such sincerity I thought that I was going to pass out right in that moment. I slowly nodded my head and smiled briefly, feeling myself shake from all that close contact.

‘I’m Greta. Maybe you, uhh,’ I swallowed the lump in my throat and motioned towards the ground with my hand. ‘you could let me go..?’ I asked slowly, looking down at the ground and then slowly raising my eyes to look at Austin’s dark eyes which are shining in amusement. His smile widens, but he nods his head and slowly sets me down on the ground.

My head spins a bit and I place my hand on my forehead. The second I close my eyes, I feel someone clasp their hand on my upper arm to hold me steady.

‘You okay?’ I hear Paul’s voice and I open my eyes to look at his concerned face. I glare lightly, but can barely contain my smile.

‘What do you think? I’ve been tortured for Vader knows how long and my head’s dizzy as hell. Does it look like I’m okay?’ I hear Austin chuckle beside us and I turn my head to look at him. He’s watching me and Paul with an amused smile on his face. My cheeks turn red and I feel my throat go dry.

‘Thanks for helping me out.’ I tell him, trying to sound proper and not choke on my spit. Paul’s hand tightens a bit on my arm and only then did I notice that he’s standing too close to me and holding his position like he’s getting ready to pounce on Austin. Slowly, I pry his arm off and he turns to me with hurt flashing in his eyes for the briefest moment.

‘I’m okay now. My head isn’t spinning.’ I tell him, but I’m terrified of his actions. Paul never acts like that. He jokes around or playfully tells someone that we’re together, but it never goes down to him looking like he’s ready to fight…

‘It’s no problem. Anyway, it was nice meeting you and I hope to see you later, Greta.’ Austin winks at me and before I can open my mouth he’s walking off and I’m left standing with Paul. I watch for a few seconds the direction to where Austin walked off before I turn to Paul, who’s already watching me with his famous poker face.

‘What?’ I ask and he looks down at the ground. This means that something’s wrong with him or maybe that he’s hiding something. I place my hand on his shoulder and Paul glances at me. Then he sighs and raises his eyes to my face.

‘Sorry, I got carried away. Didn’t want concern you.’ He’s lying through his teeth, but it’s not the time and place to question it. I slowly nod my head and he motions for us to go towards the other guys. His jaw is clenched and his knuckles are turning white and the second we reach the guys, they know that something is wrong. Before I can open my mouth, Gabriel and Henry are walking off with Paul while Mitch, Adam and Harold stay with me. I watch their backs for a few moments and debate on whether or not I should run after them, but then I decide that I’ll just ask Paul what’s wrong later.

Harold starts talking about his nonsense and Adam starts joking with him. Mitch laughs his ass off and I just stand there and watch them with a smile on my face. The part about Paul completely slips my mind and I join Adam and Harold in talking about Star Wars and Adventure Time. Everything seems to go well and I feel like I am where I should be. It feels that for the first time in my life everything is right.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a bit of a pointless update, but it's important for the future chapters and what I have planned in mind. c: I hope you enjoyed it a bit.

The most important question: Team Austin or Team Alan?
Would be awesome to know what you'd like to hear. :}

Have a nice day/evening!

Mitch
Greta
Adam
Paul
Gabriel
Harold
Henry