Believe in Me Because I'll Believe in You Tonight

Life As It Is.

Image

---

"Ready 1, 2, 3, and 4." I yelled throughout the gym as the cheer team practiced.

Cheer team meaning us.
Dreadful days pretending to be oh so happy cheering with these girls.

"Nice Cadence, think were ready for tomorrow?" Emily, the worst of them asked me.
"Yea, don't you?" I asked in an enthusiastic voice.
"Of course, we'll beat all other schools." She said in a prissy voice that made me want to rip her head off every time.
"Yea, when do we never?" I sighed as I brought my hair up into a pony tail gathering my water bottle and things.
"So, are we still going to that party tonight?" Brittany, another one of them brought up.
"Maybe, what time will I be home?" I asked looking at my cell phone.
"Why, mommy going to worry about you?" Claire laughed, as the other girls did too, at me as we walked out of the gym.
"No, I actually have to work tonight. Unlike some people around here I need to make a living." I mumbled as I shoved my cell phone in my pocket.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Emily asked as she glared at me, as the rest of them glared too.

I swear one follows the other.

"Money doesn't grow on trees in my family." I said as we walked in front a bunch of jocks they all liked, not my type if you ask me.
"Skirts up and shirts low ladies." Brittany said as they all adjusted what they changed into after practice.

I still had my sweat pants on, like I cared.

"I'll call you guys later." I sighed as I walked to the parking lot reading my text messages and pulling out my car keys.

There was one from Brad, my so called boyfriend saying, "Sorry I couldn't make your practice tonight, busy with the guys at hockey practice."
Never once did he say, "I love you."

Mikkey's***POV

"I have to move on Mikkey. You're just not my type anymore." Brian wrote in a note that was taped on my locker after school.

Not his type, of course I'm not his fucking type.
I'm not like Cadence, his crush.
Who is currently taken by the biggest Jock Brad!
Oh how I hate high school.
I started down the street to the other hell I called home watching passing cars on my way there.
I got stopped at a cross walk and waited for the sign across the street to signal me to walk.
I looked at all the people in the cars as Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins flowed through my head phones.
I spotted Cadence in a black mustang stopped at a red light.
Probably got it with her dad's money.
I scoffed and noticed the signal showed for me to walk across the street.
I was probably only 3 blocks away from the stop light when Cadence pulled up beside me rolling down her window.

"Need a ride Mikkey?" She asked.

How the hell did she know who the hell I was?
Oh yea, her and her clan are the one's who make fun of me at lunch.

"No Cadence, why don't you play Barbie somewhere else." I said as I sent her a dirty look and kept walking.
"Don't say I never asked." She spat back acidly as she drove off leaving me there in the cold to walk at least 5 more blocks till my house could be in view, damn it.