Believe in Me Because I'll Believe in You Tonight

This Life Sentence That I'm Serving.

Image

---

Aaron's***POV

I woke up from a steam of sunlight coming through the window above my bed.
There was silence throughout my house when I listened to see if my mom was up or just stirring in her bed.
Not even the television was on.
I ran my hand through my hair and shuffled to my feet slowly slipping on my slippers and opening my bedroom door.
I creeped down the hallway out past my mom's room and out to the kitchen glancing out the window noticing my mom's car was gone.
She probably felt better and went out or something.
I went over to the phone to see if there were any messages.
I remember there were a lot of phone calls interrupting my dream this morning.
There was only one, so I played it to hear some man's voice come out of the speaker.

"Hi, this is Dr. Smith at Mercy medical center and I'm here with your ill mother. I've found out that Aaron Gillespie is her son. So I am asking for him to come down here as soon as possible please. Thank you." He said as the answering machine deleted it.
I blinked a couple of times until my composure came back.
I shook the thought of anything happening to her and rushed into my room, changing.

***

My head was spinning and walking into the white sterile hospital made my headache worse.

"Dr. Smith asked me to come here." I told the secretary as I tried to get rid of my headache by ignoring it.
"Aaron Gillespie?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side.
"Yea." I nodded as she smiled weakly and rang up Dr. Smith over the loud speaker and asked me politely to take a seat.

I sat there tapping my foot to the music that played throughout my head as Dr. Smith appeared in a white, long, jacket.
Professional doctor, I suppose.

"Mr. Gillespie?" Dr. Smith asked in a polite voice as I nodded, shook his hand, and let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.
"You called about my mother, is she alright?" I asked hoping that everything would be okay.
"Aaron, I have to tell you something that is devastates me as well as it will you." He sighed as he started down the hallway with me following close behind.
"Go on." I said as we stopped mid-way in the hall.
"Your mother has passed away." He said slowly.

It felt like the world had stopped spinning and my heart had shattered.
My vision came in blurry and sound could not be heard.
The last thing I remember seeing was Dr. Smith hovering over me, before everything went black.

Spencer's***POV

"Spencer get up, someone's on the phone for you." My sister said as she shoved the phone in my face.
"Fucktard get out." I said as I grabbed then phone out of her grasp and threw a pillow at her.
"Hello?" I asked into the phone, groggily.
"That's no way to talk to your sister like that." Mikkey said as a smile spread across my face.
"Trust me, you would be a bitch too if you've had to live with that for 17 years." I laughed into the phone as I tried to wake up.
"She would probably be dead by now, if she was my sister." She said as I laughed at her comment.
"How did you get my number?" I asked after a while of silence.
"I have my ways." She said as I pictured her smiling.
"Fucking stalker." I whispered, to where she could hear.
"Fuck you, I am not." She pouted.
"That's what they all say, until there hovering over your body with a knife stabbing you in the back." I said.
"You are a sick freak you know that?" She asked.
"I have my ways." I quoted her as she just laughed.
"Let's go to the skate park!" She exclaimed.
"Mikkey, its pouring rain." I stated.
"Fine, come over to my house then." She said.
"Already inviting a stranger into the house, what would your mother say?" I said sarcastically.
"You are not stranger, it's not nice talking about yourself like that. Just get over to my house damn it." She replied.
"I always like a girl in charge." I said in a seductive voice as she just giggled.
"Stop talking and get over here." She said as I heard her click the phone off.

I just grinned and got out of bed to get dressed and what not.

***

"Hello stranger." Mikkey said as she smiled from the front door as she stood there in sweat pants and a t-shirt.
"I thought you said I wasn't a stranger?" I asked as I wiped my feet on a rug that was placed out before me.
"Oh shut up." She said as she tied her hair back into a pony tail.
"Nice day to laze around in your pajamas isn't it?" I laughed as I took a seat on her couch.
"Why yes, it is." She said as she poured me what looked like coffee.
"So sophisticated." I said as I made a funny face.
"It's coffee, its love." She said as she put some caramel stuff in it.
"Pass some here." I asked.
"Screw you jerk face." She said as she placed the caramel stuff at the other end of the table where I couldn't reach.
"Please?" I asked as I puffed out my bottom lip.
"Fine, only because I'm a good person." She smiled as she handed me it.
"Thank you miss." I said in a weird accent which made her laugh.
"You should talk like that all the time." She said through fits of laughter.

I heard a car pull up in the front of her house.

"I think we should go up to my room." Mikkey suggested as she grabbed her coffee cup.
"Alright." I shrugged as I followed her up the stairs.
"Welcome to heaven." She said sarcastically as she opened her bedroom door.
"I think it is heaven." I said as I stared at all the posters and things around her room.
"Trust me, heaven is way better then this." She smiled as she plopped onto her bed.
"Michaela!" I heard someone call as Mikkey just rolled her eyes.
"So, Michaela, why don't you go answer whoever just called for you?" I asked as I sat down on a purple beanie bag.
"Burn in hell." She whispered as a middle-aged woman opened the bedroom door.
"Micha-Hello." She smiled as she looked at me.
"Mom, Spencer. Spencer, Mom." Mikkey said as she gestured towards me and then her mom.
"Well Michaela, I'm here if you get hungry." She said as she glanced at me one last time and left.
"The name is still Mikkey or I swear you will not be able to have kids." She threatened.
"Ouch, fiesty are we?" I smiled as she just glared.
"Alright, alright. Michaela." I said as I dashed for the door.

I ran down the stairs with her following close behind.
We ran throughout her house until I found the front door and ran outside.
Before I could glance back at her she was already on my back and we were rolling around in the mud.
I finally pinned her down when I realized how awkward the position was, for me and for her.
My cheeks went into a dark shade of red and I stood up off of her.

"Thanks for helping me up loser face." She giggled as she stood up.
"Oh, sorry." I said quietly as I shoved my hands in my pockets shyly.
"Is something wrong?" She asked as her smile went into a confused frown.
"No, I just think I should be leaving right now. Thanks for the coffee and stuff." I said as I walked away, as casual as I could be.
"Alright then, bye." She muttered as I could feel her staring at me as I walked through her black security gates.