Status: New Story

Jade Eyed Boy

Tense Man

Image

It was 11:50 pm and Haley still hadn't met up with us at Matt's yet. Maybe I'm crazy for being this worried, but could you blame me? She had a psychopathic boyfriend who basically drug her away from us today - more importantly away from me. I didn't like when she was away from me anymore. In fact, ever sense the day she came to my room and I held her for hours in my bed I didn't want her away from me. I had never meant to become so close to her. The day we got her bellybutton pierced was just a fluke. She had always seemed so stuck up and prissy, and yet I found myself oddly attracted to her. It was made even more awkward by the fact that she was my band mate’s twin sister. Why did this have to happen? I mean, there is nothing wrong with falling for someone you're close too, but someone with a drunk twin brother, an abusive boyfriend, and a saintly reputation? Haley Seward was going to be the death of Zachary Baker.

I watched my friends drink their beers and joke around like nothing was wrong. Johnny was shit faced drunk right away, and Jimmy and Brian were about the same. Matt was still casual and Val and Michelle were just laughing like nothing was wrong. But something was wrong and I could feel it. Haley isn't the type to be late, and I could tell she didn't want to leave with that prick earlier. I saw him pulling her arm away. I could feel my teeth clenching at the thought.

"Hey V", Brian popped up, the V stood for vengeance, Zacky Vengeance, "have a beer. You look really tense man".

I just shook my head know. I had no intention of drinking till I knew if Haley was alright. Where could she be?

"C'mon dude", Brian started again, "you've been fucking weird all day man. What's on your mind"? I debated whether I wanted to share what was on my mind with my drunk friends or not. I knew all’s they would do was tease me for crushing on Johnny's sister so I decided to bite my tongue. Instead I directed my attention on the almost sober Matt. He would be the one who would understand where I'm coming from best.

"Yo Matt, I need to talk outside". I motioned for him to follow me out, and sure enough like a loyal friend he followed me outside on a chilly night.

"What's on your mind Zacky"? I could tell he already knew.

"Look I'm really fucking worried about Haley, and I know, you guys all think I have feelings for her, and blah blah blah, but that's not important. Look dude, can you please come with me and find her? It's really starting to get to me". I could read the skeptical look on his face.

"You really think Reinett did something to her? You sure she's not just late or didn't show up?", he mumbled.

I bit down on my lip ring and looked him in the face. "I know her Matt, and she wouldn't ditch us for anything".

Matt smiled at me. "You mean she wouldn't ditch you for anything Baker".

I couldn't help but let another smile to creep to my face. Why was it so easy for my friends to think we had feelings for each other, but so difficult for me to except she may actually feel something for me? I had nearly wrecked everything that morning. I had nearly let three friendship killing words leave my mouth and in no way was I going to make that mistake again. It must have been my hormones talking. She just appealed to me in so many ways, and as much as I hated to admit it, I had the biggest school boy crush on her.

Matt started to walk away from his house and watched him curiously. He motioned for me to follow him. I started to ask why we just didn't take his truck, but then realized he didn't want the rest of the group to hear us drive off. On the other hand it was a beautiful California night. One I wouldn't mind spending on the beach with a beer and some close friends, and that was exactly what I was going to do when I found Haley.

We crossed about four streets and walked damn near four miles before we found the Reinett home. There were no other vehicles there besides Reinett's shiny new Mercedes. I knew they were in there. I started walking towards the front door but Matt quickly grabbed my shoulder. I went to push him off but he stopped me.

"Look", he said calmly, "you can't go barging in and demand to know where she is. As far as you know nothing happened and she's fine. Maybe she wasn't feeling well and she went home. Seriously man, I think you are so blinded by your feelings towards her and your hatred for Reinett that you aren't thinking clearly". I knew he was speaking rational words, but quite frankly I couldn't have given a fuck less.

Before I could even pitch my argument to him, I heard a high pitch scream come from inside the house. There was no doubt in my mind that it belonged to her and before Matt and I could form a plan of action I started running towards the front door again. Matt, of course, close behind me for backup. Once we reached the door I didn't bother trying to be casual. I simply kicked it open. I was going through a major adrenaline rush and turning the knob seemed simply unappealing.

We both ran through the front door and I immediately ran up the stairs. I remembered where the prick's room was because of certain unholy nights I had once had with his slut of a sister. I wasn't sure if I had ever told Haley that because I knew Haley hated her with the passion. Another thing we had in common.

Once I reached the door to Isaac's room I froze in place. What if what I heard wasn't her scream after all? What if I was blind by my emotions? I continued to hesitate with Matt by my side seeming to think exactly what I was thinking. I nearly let go of the handle until I heard another scream from the room. No, I knew it was Haley, and I knew she was scared for her life.

I quickly turned the knob only to find a site that made me see red. Haley was in his bed partially naked and he was hovering over her with his fist raised high. Her face and hair were matted with blood and her chest appeared to have fresh bruises stamped across it. I knew he had done it to her again.

Without thinking I quickly lunged myself at her abuser from across the room. I managed to knock him off of her throwing him on the floor. From there I just continued to clobber his face in any way that I could. I could feel myself losing control. I wanted to kill him. After only a few seconds I realized he wasn't fighting back and I realized I was lifted off of him by no other than Matt. It took me a moment to realize that my lunge off the bed and thrown him unconscious.

It took me a moment to collect my thoughts although one thing was for sure, we needed to get the hell out of his house before they pinned the entire struggle on Matt and I. I didn't even give Haley a chance to speak before I ran over to the bed and swiftly picked her up in my arms. She didn't protest either. Instead she wrapped her arms around my neck so I could support her better, and with that we took off running back down the stairs and through the front door again hoping no one would see us. In neighborhoods like this the neighbors were normally took stuck up to give a damn about the commotion next door.

Even with her light weight dragging me down I knew we had made it about three miles before we finally felt far enough away. I had never done so much running in my life, and yet, it still took me awhile to find the will power to set Haley back down. I was afraid I would lose her again. But even with my unrealistic worries, my aching arms screeched in protest causing me to gently set her down on her feet. She surprised me by quickly wrapping her arms back around me and soaking my t-shirt in her tears.

"It was awful", she cried,"he-he tried to rape me. I didn't want to touch him and every time I refused he would hit me harder. He slammed a lamp into my head and when I woke up I was half naked in his bed. I must have been out for hours. I-I'm so glad you guys came and found me".

I could feel my teeth clenching again at the thought of him causing her so much pain. I wanted to kill him. It took every ounce of myself control for me not to run back to his house and beat him to a bloody pulp. Her arms wrapped around me while she cried though was enough of a reason to stay where I was at, but I could tell by the look on Matt's face that he was thinking the same thing as me.

"Look Haley", I tilted her chin up so she could face me ,"we are here now and I promise you that if he touches you again it will be the last thing he ever does. Now do you want to go home"? She shook her head no.

"Well do you want to come to my house? You can shower there and my mom won't care if you stay over. You can borrow my clothes if you want".

She bit her lip but then nodded her head yes. I stared at her in a few moments of silence which was eventually broken by Matt. "Look guys, I'm heading back to my place. Haley I'm not going to tell Johnny what happened that is up to you to do. Don't worry Z, I'll tell the guys you went home so they won't give you too much endless shit".

We waved small goodbyes to him before he took off in the direction of the house.

"So shall we go?", she asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, but wait a minute". She looked at me confused.

And before I could comprehend what my mind was doing, or how I was feeling, I simply crushed my lips against hers. Not a rough kiss, but a long passionate one.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! I hope you guys didn't lose faith in me. I'm still here. I went on a two week vacation and was wayyy behind on schoolwork so I havn't had time to update. The story is still going strong though :) Thanks for your patience!
-HaleyxO