Status: New Story

Jade Eyed Boy

Rebel

Image

The next day at school was a little odd. Not only would my brother not be there because of detention; neither would my boyfriend. Those pretty much left me with no one to sit with or talk too. I had almost considered faking sick, or just flat out ditching (which I had never done in my life), but decided I could deal with a week of seeing neither of them at school. Plus there was no way I could pull off not being at school for a week. I was a good straight A girl - one who never got in any trouble, besides recently, and one who never skipped a day. I had maintained a perfect attendance record sense I was in first grade - minus the time Johnny and I both broke our arms by simultaneously jumping off of our swing set and coincidently landed on the same arm. We truly are twins.

When I walked into the school courtyard I no longer knew where to go. My 'friends', so to speak, were all chit chatting away and gossiping about pointless things. I wasn't too thrilled with the thought of walking over there without Isaac being there. He was at least someone to speak to when he wasn't talking about mindless gossip also.

For a moment I considered just walking straight to my first class and not speaking to anyone, but before I could make a decision I saw a rather tall boy running at me full speed, and as I guessed, it was Jimmy. He had managed to knock me off my feet and on to my back which I assumed was his entire goal. He also managed to knock the wind out of me so I couldn't protest when he picked me up and through me over his shoulder to walk over to his group of friends. Many people were staring at us, but it didn't phase me too much. It was nice to know that my brother's friends had accepted me into their clan so fast even if I didn't exactly like how they do things. It showed they weren't stuck up like my 'friends'.

I did achieve in getting my breath back by the time he sat me on my feet and I looked up to find the entire group -except my brother- present and staring at me. Val and Michelle waved a small wave and smiled at me. Brian and Matt both gave me a quick smile and a nod. And Zacky however, just stared at me with a smirk. "Does he hate me?" I wondered. He seemed perfectly fine with me yesterday after I landed fast first in his crotch. He even punched Jimmy over me. Why was he not smiling or even giving me a nod now? I suddenly felt extremely awkward around the group and I think they could sense it.

"Well...”, Brian said quietly.

Jimmy completely oblivious to how awkward the situation was started merrily singing and doing a small dance, and before long everyone was staring and laughing at his idea of the cupid shuffle. At least, that's what it appeared to be.

Finally Matt was the one to question him on his actions. "Jimmy have you been doing your drugs before school lately? You've been so damn cheerful".

Jimmy smiled, "Nope, no drugs before school. I'm just excited to have another girl in our group. One who isn't screwing anyone in the group so it's not mushy and awkward. Oh, and you're just adorable my dear lady"! He said it with an awe stuck/mocking look on his face. It kind of made me blush but everyone -even Zacky- burst out laughing in hysterics.

Jimmy caught my face and had what could be no other than an evil smile plastered on it. Not a bad evil smile, but one I knew would embarrass the hell out of somebody, and I prayed to god it wasn't me. But considering I'm the new girl, I should have expected it.

"I wonder who in this group is creeping on little Johnny's sister. Hmm. Could it be Brian Haner? No he has Michelle. How about Matt? No wait, wait he has Val. Hmm, Johnny? No that's just gross twins shouldn't be that close. Oh wait, how about Mr. Baker over there? Is that why you give her the cold shoulder and yet nail me in the face for embarrassing her? Don't think the cold shoulder routine doesn't bug her because you can see in her face when she looks at you that she thinks you're hot stuff".

If I was ever embarrassed by James Sullivan before it was nothing compared to this exact moment. Not only had my skin tone reached a new level of red, but Zacky's almost matched my tone. His calm, and to cool for school demeanor had left him and he looked absolutely horror struck. Neither one of us spoke and we both avoided each other's glance while everyone else in the group howled with laughter. Finally, after everyone else laughed themselves sick Jimmy spoke up again.

"You guys are both the shade of a tomato. I was just kidding, and if you too don't start speaking soon I'm going to start a rumor saying you two are doing it".

Before I could protest Zacky did,"James Owen Sullivan how about you keep your mouth shut! She's not my type and I'm not hers. She likes pretty boy assholes like Reinett and I like my girls with some rebellion. Plus never in a million years would I go after short shit's sister! That's almost gross".

I couldn't explain the feeling in my stomach but it almost made me want to throw up. I now knew for a fact that he must hate me to be able to chew his friend out in such a snappy tone and go out of his way to point out he'd never go for me. Tears almost dwelled in my eyes, but I fought them back. I had a boyfriend, and Zacky truly wasn't my type; that he was right about. I also realized that the group was basically using me for a pun to their jokes. I'm a goody two-shoes? No. I didn't like that at all. I had rebellion in me and it was about time I show it.

It was my turn to speak. "So Baker you think you're too good for me is it? You think I'm not a rebellious enough for you? Oh and what's wrong with being Johnny's sister? Does that make me any less attractive? No? Hey, I'm a hell of a lot better looking than any girls I’ve seen you around here with, and sorry if I have morals and don't go out and get trashed on the weekends like you. Sorry if I don't yell at my best friend over making a joke about you liking me. Oh and at least guys like Reinett don't slander me to other people right in front of my face. Maybe you do like me and that’s the entire issue".

My point was said and done and the entire group just stared at me with big eyes. No one said a word. So after a few moments Zacky finally replied, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings I was just stating that we aren't each other's type. Why are you so offended you have a boyfriend anyways? Besides you really aren't rebellious enough for me".

I rolled my eyes. "I can do something rebellious if I want".

He now had a smirk that was so manipulative and daring that I found myself highly attracted to him yet again. "Good so you'll blow off detention with me after school and we will go be rebellious".

I tried to match his smirk. "Fine, but I won't sleep with you".

"Darn", he said with heavy sarcasm as he snapped his fingers. Everyone in the group had a highly amused yet impressed look on their face because of the fact the good two-shoes quite girl had stood up for herself and yelled at their longtime friend. I couldn't help but wonder what Zacky wanted to be so rebellious and do with me. I found myself highly nervous instantly after my adrenaline rush of courage left me. Now I almost felt like throwing up again. "What have I got myself into?" I asked myself.

Although as I sat there in worry something dawned on me. I really like my brother’s friends. They bring out who I want to be and don't push me away like Isaac's friends do. I could handle them. I could become close with my brother again, but before I could let the happiness sink in I remembered Isaac. He would be angry to find out that I'm ditching detention to hang out with another guy. Especially, one like Zacky. A bad boy. A bad boy I was so attracted too, but quickly changed my thoughts when I pondered on it. Only because I knew I had a boyfriend who loved me already, why risk losing that over a punk?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 5 :)
I already hace chapter 6 written and it will be posted a bit early.
It's not AS rebellious as you think it would be but uit's pretty badass for a goody-two-shoes like Haley ;)
Hmmm, I wonder if a new romance will start to steal Haley away from Isaac soon?
Who knows!
Keep reading!
-HaleyXo