Status: In Progress

Over the Limit

Meeting Alanna

"Good luck." John said before I got on Randy Orton's bus.

"Yeah I'll be needing it." I mumbled.

Randy wasn't on the bus when I got on so I just sat on the couch. I didn't understand why I needed to travel with Randy. We could always work on the storyline some other time.

"Are you excited to go to California?" I could hear Randy talking to someone like they were a little kid.

"Are we going to see famous people like on TV?" A little girl voice asked. "That's what mommy said was in California."

Randy chuckled and then I could see him. "No, that's in LA. We're going to San Diego."

"I thought we were going to California though?"

Randy stopped and looked at me, next to him was a little girl with light hair and blue eyes.

"What are you doing on my bus?" He asked, his previous smile turning into a scowl.

"Daddy who is she?" The little girl tugged on his jeans and whispered.

"Um...I thought the McMahon's told you they wanted us to work on our storyline." I stood up. "If you don't want to I can hitch a ride with John."

Randy shook his head, "No it's fine. I just wasn't expecting you."

"Daddy who is she?" The little girl asked sounding a bit annoyed that she was being ignored.

I smiled and knelt down so that I was on her level. "I'm Ana. What's your name?"

"I'm Alanna. This is my Daddy." She pulled on Randy's pant leg again.

"Alanna's a pretty name." I commented earning a big smile from her.

Thank you. You're pretty too"

I chuckled, "Thank you."

"Hey, how about you go get your coloring book and color while Ana and I talk." Randy said to Alanna.

She nodded, "Okay." She walked away from Randy and towards the back of the bus.

"She's beautiful." I noted as I watched her pull a coloring book out of a cupboard.

"Thanks. So what's the storyline about?" He asked changing the subject.

"Me showing favoritism towards John because he is the good guy. You get mad about it. You guys fighting over me. Then me slowly turning toward your side." I told him the whole plan the McMahons had for us.

“Then why is it important that you travel with me? Why didn’t they pair you up with Cena? You start with liking him first.” He noted sitting down.

“I don’t know. I just go where they tell me.” I stayed standing. I felt like I was intruding on Randy’s time with his daughter. I probably should have gone with John.

“You can sit down if you want. I don’t bite hard.” He smirked lightening the mood in the room.

I sighed and sat down on the other end of the couch.

“Where did you run off this morning?” Randy asked making conversation.

“I went to breakfast with John.” I didn’t look at him when I said it.

“John’s a good person, he deserves someone like you.”

I was surprised by the turn of the subject. “I’m not going out with him.” I blurted out. “I mean I’m not sure that’s a good idea with me being the general manager and all.”

“I don’t think that really matters. In our business we’re with each other so much it’s hard not to be romantically involved.”

“Wow Orton being deep.” I smirked. “I would have thought you would say something about sleeping with him or something. Or some other jerk comment.”

Randy smirked back at me. “I can be nice if I want to.”

“I bet you I can find at least ten people who will say that’s impossible.”

“Hey Ana, I made this for you.” Alanna said walking up to me with a page in her hand. She handed me a picture of Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing. The coloring was outside the lines but I loved it.

“Thank you, it’s so pretty.” I smiled. “I’m going to bring this along with me everywhere I go.”

“Are you and my Daddy going to have a baby? I want a little brother but my mommy said no.” She said with a seriously curious look on her face.

I could feel my face turn beet red. I was caught by surprise and couldn’t speak.

“No, Alanna, Ana’s just someone I work with.” Randy finally answered.

“But she’s nice and pretty and I like her. The other girls have been mean.” She said, obviously not happy with the answer she was given.

“What your Daddy means is that we just met and decisions like that take time. If anything does happen you’ll be one of the first to know. Okay?” I explained to her nicely.

She smiled, which reminded me of Randy’s. “Okay.” She answered and turned around. “I’m gonna make Daddy a picture now.” She walked away and sat down where her coloring things were.

“What was that?” Randy asked gaining my attention.

“I have a little brother and I’ve learned it’s better to give them a maybe rather than a definite answer like yes or no. Because you never know what might happen.” I shrugged my shoulders. Randy gave me a look that made me feel a bit self-conscious. I shifted in my seat and then stood up. “I think I’m going to go color.” I said and then walked over to Alanna and sat down.

***

“So how was the ride with Orton?” John asked. We were in his dressing room and he was getting ready for a make a wish, wish.

“It was awesome. I got to meet Alanna and we colored and played some games.”

“Orton said he was mortified when she asked you whether Orton and you were going to have a baby.” John snickered.

“You guys talked about the whole thing?” I asked kind of mortified myself that they would discuss me.

“Hey, Orton tells me almost anything.” He answered, pulling his armbands on. “Are you coming with me?” John asked giving me his dimpled grin.

“The kid wants to see you not me.” I answered standing on my tip toes so that I could put his hat on.

“You’re a hot woman. What little boy wouldn’t want to see you?” His smile turned to a serious look. “Please come Ana. I want you to.”

I sighed, “Since you put it that way…I’ll go.” I answered.

John hugged me, “You will love it, believe me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I hope you like this ^_^ Please comment it makes me write faster lol