Status: In Progress

Over the Limit

Missing Home

“Wake up Ana.” John said and kissed my neck.

“I don’t want to get up.” I groaned, turning my head to the other side so that I was facing him. I was sore from the previous day’s gym excursion plus our extracurricular activities. I just wanted to lay in bed all day. I opened my eyes and saw that it wasn’t John but Randy. I bolted upright, hugging the covers to my chest. “What the hell Randy? Where is John?”

Randy smirked, “Getting breakfast. He was afraid that I would screw up your order so he decided to get breakfast even though I offered. See I can be a nice guy.”

I brushed my hair back and sighed exasperatedly. “Can you please leave so I can get dressed?”

He nodded, “Yeah, no problem.” He left and shut the room door. I would have expected him to say something snarky or refuse to leave. That man confused me to no end.

I threw myself back on the bed and growled. “Why does this have to be complicated?” Randy was making me rethink my relationship with John and I had only been going out with him officially for like a day.

After I got dressed I walked out into the living room area. Both the boys were sitting at the table eating. I sat down in the chair between Randy and John and leaned against John. “I’m sore do you have any ibuprofen?”

John handed me my sausage and cheese McGriddle and my coffee. “Yeah I’ll get you some after you eat. It’s not good to take it on an empty stomach.”

I sighed, sat up and stretched. “I miss home cooking.” I said and then took a bit of my sandwich.

“I’m going home today on the private jet. If you guys don’t have anything to do you can come with. My parents are visiting for dinner and my mom is one of the best cooks.” Randy offered.

I thought about it for a second and then turned to John. “I want to go. Are you going too?”

He shrugged his shoulders, “I have some meetings and a signing so I can’t. Are you sure you can take care of her without me Orton?” John joked.

“Hey I’m perfectly capable of keeping another human being alive.” Randy retorted with a smirk.

“Hey, I’m right here. And FYI I’m perfectly capable of keeping myself alive. I have survived 22 years and all.” I said with mock hurt.

“Compared to my 35 and Randy’s 32 that’s nothing.” John winked at me.

“Geez, I’m sleeping with a dinosaur!” I joked, earning a laugh from Randy. “Hey you’re not much better Orton.” I added and laughed at his reaction. He looked surprised that I would say such a thing to him. I kissed him on the cheek. “I’m sorry that I hurt your feelings.”

***
“So what do you want to eat?” Randy asked poking his head into his fridge. It was lunch time and we had like another five hours until Randy’s parents were coming over.

I sat on one of the stools to the island he had. His kitchen was pretty impressive for a guy that wasn’t really there half the year. “Chicken. Anything with chicken is fine with me.” It felt a little weird being in Randy’s home with him alone. I was hoping that John would be able to come and there was no way I was going to say no after I had just said I wanted to. I groaned, “I feel so tired and jet lagged.”

“You can take a nap if you want.” Randy said taking some chicken breasts out of the freezer. He put them in the microwave so that they could defrost.

“Nah, do you have any coffee?” I asked.

“No, I just have a coffee maker without any coffee.” He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and got up. I looked in the freezer and found it. “How did you know it was there?” He asked sounding surprised.

“That’s where I put mine. It keeps it fresher.” I said like it was common sense.

“So where are you from?” He asked leaning against the counter.

“Um…a small town in Indiana called La Porte.” I answered setting up the coffee maker. “Do you want any?”

He nodded, “Any family?”

It was my turn to nod, “Yeah my mother and my younger brother. Jared, he’s 15 and the one that got me into wrestling. I kind of miss him. I called him a couple of times since being hired but I hadn’t been able to visit him and he hadn’t been able to visit me because of school.” I chuckled trying not to cry. “My mom was always working, trying to support us so I practically raised the kid. It’s kind of hard being away from him.”

“Maybe we can get him to one of the events.” Randy said with a sympathetic smile.

“You’re his favorite wrestler.” I admitted, and then I shook my head, getting the thoughts out of my head. “Sorry, I’m not usually doom and gloom.”

He shrugged his shoulders, “It’s alright. I kind of know how you feel. After Sam and I separated there was like a whole two months that she wouldn’t let me see Alanna. I was going stir crazy and even got myself in some real trouble.”

“What are your parents like?” I asked getting a bit nervous about meeting them. His father was a legend and his mom, well was his mom. What if they didn’t like me? Even though I wasn’t his girlfriend I still felt like I needed them to like me.

“My father’s pretty laid back but my mother is like any mother, a little overbearing.” He smiled. “I know my dad will definitely like you. My mother might give you a bit of a hard time. Just stand your ground and she’ll back down. Don’t let her intimidate you.”

I gave a nervous chuckle, “Yeah that’s easier said than done. You’re not the one that has to deal with the momma bear from some girl that isn’t his girlfriend yet is sleeping over at his house.”

Randy paused, thinking about it for a second. “Don’t worry I’ll be here the whole time.”

And for some strange reason that made me feel a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kind of a filler chapter I'll be posting the meeting of his parents in the next chapter ^_^ I hope you liked it