Honey Bee

Honey Bee

You be my soft and sweet,
I'll be your strong and steady.
You be my glass of wine,
I'll be your shot of whiskey.
You be my sunny day,
I'll be your shade tree.
You be my honey suckle,
I'll be your honey bee.


***

Finally, it was game day and I was more nervous about seeing Tyler than if the Canucks were gonna win a home game.

It was my first time ever seeing an NHL game live so I was completely thrilled about it, but at the same time it was surreal because only a few days ago I was kissing an NHL player. It wasn't really the principle of the fact that he did play in the NHL, it was more of the fact I never did anything like that. I wasn't adventurous in the romantic aspect, it gave me huge chills of anxiety, but the adrenaline pumped just as much and it made things a little bit worth it.

I was dressed in a pair of dark-washed skinny jeans and a black dressy tank top. Both paired with a sensible pair of heels and of course my Alex Burrows shirsey that I wore with pride. He was my favorite and it made the evening a little more entertaining my head because of who they were playing against and who I was dying to see after the game.

We really did have great seats though, I was stuck in between my two best friends who were literally pointing at every Bruin asking if that was him because it was hard to see their numbers from the other side of the bench. Putting their arms down with both of mine I snorted and commanded them to stop, "One of them is going to actually be him and I don't want to have to explain why my two derp friends are pointing at every Bruin they see!"

"Like he doesn't already know," Alice spoke in a matter-of-fact voice that was only compromised by the wink in her eye and it made me grin a little to myself as I let my hands fall in my lap.

I did find him, though, skating around the rink with a face of intensity and determination and the game hadn't even started yet. Was he looking for me or was this just his game face? I shook the thoughts out of my head because that was a silly question, of course he was intense because he was reciting plays and shoot out options if need be in his head. That was about the time our eyes finally connected.

His expression softened and he smiled, pointing at me. I blushed deeply and waved back, shrugging enough for him to see because I knew that I had been caught. I liked it though, I liked the feeling of his eyes on me and kind of enjoying the feeling of whispers behind me and knowing it was about me. I wasn't used to this kind of attention in the slightest.

***

It was the second period and the score was 2-1 Bruins. To say I was sore was an understatement, slamming my hands against the wall and trying to muster encouraging chants to Cory Schneider, but my "come on!"'s came out a little bit more bitter than I had thought they would. That seemed to amuse Tyler whenever he was around and egged him on to score the winning goal in the third.

A part of me was thrilled because when he made that goal, he glided right by me, gaining a wink. But I sat down as did my friends entirely bummed that our team had lost. I sighed softly, ready to just get up and go when a large security guy reached out for my shoulder, "Miss Harold?"

"Yes?"

"Tyler Seguin would like to see you in the locker room. Here," he said, giving me a pass and I wrapped it around my neck, but not before earning wiggling eyebrows from my best friends.

That earned a chuckle from me, "Shut the fuck up! You guys go, I'll find a cab,"

"What we don't get to party with your Bruin friends?"

"Please, dear God. I am so nervous."

***

Alice and Christina waited around outside the locker room as I pushed the doors open, going by reporters respectively when I caught glimpse of Tyler, but of course not before Brad Marchand stepped in front of me.

"Your shirt burns my eyes, babe."

"I mean hey, you could be Bergy. babe," I laughed and shook my head, "May I see Tyler now?"

"Ohhh, of course. Hey Ty, you're right, she's sexy as hell!" He yelled a little too loud and soon I felt the eyes of all the players on me and my cheeks went red immediately as they had done for the past few days because of this dude and I hurried over to him.

"Hi," I said quietly and he smiled down at me.

"Hi yourself," a megawatt smile was plastered over the young man's face and it was incredibly contagious no matter how sad or frustrated I was that the boys couldn't pull it together. Especially when he spun me around in his strong arms from his own excitement of the game's outcome. "Hey I was wondering, wanna celebrate with me and the guys? You can bring your friends."

"I'd love that!"

"Great! Please tell me you have a different shirt though...," he paused, looking over the orca on my shirt and I laughed with a nod as I lifted the shirsey up to show my shirt underneath.

"Hot!" I heard a voice come from the side of me and it was Marchy which made me roll my eyes immediately, "Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked amused and pushed my shirt back down.

"Don't listen to him, he's jealous that you ran into me and not him," Tyler said in a hushed voice against my ear and it made me giggle as if it was some big secret. Luckily I had come in there after all the showers were over and the body parts of different team mates were put away, plus that meant we were closer to celebrating.

***

I was expecting to go to The Roxy or some known club like that, but after Tyler insisting that I ride with him and Alice follow since Christina went home to her boyfriend, we ended up to some hole in the wall. At least that's what it seemed to me, but Alice seemed to be impressed whenever we all gathered up and I adjusted the golden yellow jacket I was donning.

"I see what you did there," Tyler spoke lowly against my ear with his hand pressed against the small of my back and shivers ran down my spine as I pulled it together and directed a smile towards him, "I figured you'd like it."

"You're gorgeous." Well if that didn't make the butterflies flutter in my stomach nothing would and we slipped in, VIP was pretty cool actually.

The music pumped against the speakers and I could feel it in my heels, which by the way, didn't make a difference because even in heels my face only came to Tyler's shoulder. He thought it was cute though. A part of me expected him to be dancing around with every other girl and a constant drink in his hand, but I was wrong at least about dancing with every other girl. He kept me close and we both got a little tipsy as we danced a little sexier than I had really planned. Tyler's hands on my hips, the music bumped on and somewhere along the line Alice had managed to get Johnny Boychuk on the dance floor. Celebrating a victory had its perks, I'll tell ya.

About the time my lips started tingling, I got a bottle of water just so I wouldn't embarrass myself and very carefully sat at the table that was reserved for us, Tyler's hand in my own.

"You two are awfully close," Milan grinned, tilting his beer towards us and I couldn't help but just giggle. I was a giggly, talkative drunk. Tyler nudged me and then nodded towards the karaoke bar open in the back and I immediately shook my head, "Not happening!" I chuckled, "Embarrassing myself is not on the agenda!"

"Oh come on, we'll even sing country, Tex."

"Hey, what makes you think I like country?"

"Well you do, don't you? I mean I do and I'm Degrassi remember," his eyebrow quirked and Lucic must have heard that because he choked on his beer and repeated it to Marchy who laughed louder than the both of us.

I sighed and looked over Tyler's glossy eyes. Man, they were unfair. Completely unfair, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like country. Can we sing a Johnny and June song or would that kill the mood?"

"Who said anything about we?"

"I am so not doing this without you!" I exclaimed, nudging into him, "Come on, I'm nervous as it is I don't like performing in front of small crowds."

"Sounds like you just need another shot," he raised his eyebrow with a mischievous grin on his face and I nodded in a matter-of-fact fashion, "Two please."

"Coming right up," Tyler left the table and I watched him before hesitantly turning my attention to the two sets of eyes on me, "...Hi guys."

"You know you must be pretty special," Milan began, scooting closer to me so I could hear him over the bumping of the music, "He usually gets the girl a couple drinks, but after that it's up to them."

"Usually, eh?" I said skeptically until Milan retorted, "See here's the thing," he said, taking a swig of his beer, "If you tell him this I'll deny everything, but Tyler's had a hard time lately. With girls at least or whatever. They seem to use him a lot and for some reason he seems to see something different in you -- don't look at me like that, I'm not saying you are a gold digging huzzy!" Milan laughed and it made me close my opened mouth from wanting to say anything else, "You do seem very different than the chicks he's used to in Boston, down to earth. He needs that, no pressure though I doubt he even realizes any of this yet."

A grin crept over my features, but there was a little bit of apprehension that gnawed in the pit of my stomach. He had kind of a past, bad experiences if you will, and it was easy to see that he was probably really vulnerable yet hardened underneath everything. But he was willing to put himself out there which was endearing in a way I had to give him that.

"Yeah, well, don't get comfy because he'll always be mine," Marchy chirped and we both laughed out loud before I threw the napkin from my previous cocktail at him with a playful smile. About that time Tyler came back with two shots of Jäger and I bit down on my bottom lip as I stared down at them in front of me. My tongue wasn't exactly numb anymore and I had to psych myself out for a moment. I breathed out before downing both shots right after another and well, that seemed to make the guys cheer louder than they had the entire time they were there.

"Shit, seriously keep her!" Gregory Campbell chimed in and I snickered at Tyler's rosy cheeks before shaking my hands, "Okay fine, let's do this!" Before I could get another word in edgewise, Tyler grabbed my hand and led me towards the more deserted part of the place, which was abnormally nice... until all of the guys picked up their drinks and went in there behind us.

"Really, you guys," I huffed while Tyler picked a song, not allowing me to see his choice when the familiar notes of Blake Shelton's "Honey Bee" started playing and there was a mixture of fake aw's and gagging noises coming from the boys once it clicked what the song was. Except for Alice, who was actually aw'ing -- that made me tuck in my bottom lip, not feeling the effects of the alcohol quick enough. I was aware that Tyler knew it wasn't a duet by any means, but I kind of had a feeling of where to sing, not to mention he'd nudge me every now and then.

It was really cute though, it came easily. He was awful and it was adorable, it worked and drunk Tyler knew it would work. That clever little shit. By the time the song was over his arm was hooked around my waist and I was laughing at how goofy we were getting.

"Okay, Brad, your turn with your boyfriend," I spoke over the mic and stepped down to take a seat right in Alice's lap while he and Tyler drunkenly sang a variety of songs, Garth Brooks, DMX, even Metalica and it had us all in stitches. I nudged at Milan and he quickly shook his head, "No! I'm just saying, those are your teammates, you have to claim them!"

"Unfortunately," He rolled his eyes like a big brother despite the fact that Brad was a month older (and don't you forget it!). Soon they were stumbling down, I was just thankful no shirts were harmed in the making of that karaoke moment.

Tyler went straight to me and asked Alice if he could have me for a moment, she gladly obliged, even though she fake pouted at me and I blew her a kiss as Tyler set me aside somewhere private, the thumping of the music still lingering in the background.

"So how 'bout it?" He looked over my face like he was searching a billion answers and I just smirked, "Okay fine, but under one condition."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks everybody! I'm excited to keep this going, hopefully I'll have the next chapter out soon xoxo